For weak teams 4-2-2-2
cech - DL cole - DC terry - DCluiz - DRAzpilicueta - MC Lamps (or possible signing) - MC Ramires - AML Hazard - AMR Oscar - STR Ba - STR Falcao (or whatever big signing you make for striker)
For Middle Teams 4-2-3-1
cech - DL cole - DC terry - DCluiz - DR Azpilicueta - MC Lamps (or possible signing) - MC Ramires - AML Hazard - AMC Mata - AMR Oscar - STR Falcao (or whatever big signing you make for striker)

play out of defense with a deep/middle line, press often, focus on passing and build up play, get terry on the keeper or front post
For Top 3 sides 4-2-3-1 Deep or 4-1-2-2-1 ( i often sell Mikel for 21million)
Cech - DL Cole - DC Terry - DC Ivanovic - DR Azpiiceuta -DM Luiz and Ramires - AML Hazard - AMC Mata - AMR Oscar - STR Falcao (or whatever big signing you make for striker)
or
Cech - DL Cole - DC Terry - DC Ivanovic - DR Azpiiceuta -DM Luiz - MC Lamps and Ramires - AML Hazard - AMR Mata or Oscar - STR Falcao (or whatever big signing you make for striker)

Play out of defense with a deepish line, focus on passing and build up play, put terry on the keeper or front post for corners, press often, rarely go direct as the team is small, i won the premier league and champions league for consecutive seasons from the start, hope this helps, you definitely need to sell mikel early and get in a decent striker and someone like david alaba that covers a few positions like midfield and left back. hope this helps

Download a couple from the tactics page and try them out.

In my experience with Chelsea I've found a 4-3-3 with a DM to be successful and consistent.

I re-trained David Luiz to play as a DM, Oscar as a CM and Juan Mata as a AMR.