l33tshane

Reaction score
I'm first season with chelsea but have heard whispers of it being very hard after initial season. is there a transfer ban in place? also, i've heard people say that chelsea have no money after the first season if you spend your budget and that they cancel plans for youth facilities because of this.

any feedback would be appreciated.

they do have a transfer ban in the game and you cnat buy players so myadvice is to get the good players in at the begining

when does the ban come into place? i'm just coming upto the first jan transfer window and i really need a striker (drogba's off to africa for a while for cup of nations). was gonna try and get dzeko.

i'm totally screwed if i can't get one gonna have to play anelka as lone striker with lampard behind him supporting! have got beckham coming for free in jan done deal so that one should be ok at least.

and i assume this continues for the next transfer window aswell?

Banned still September 2010 :p

(I'm a Chelsea fan too....FM2010 blows haha. Forget realism.)

its a season ban not that bad u can still play lol

whats the budgets like during or after the ban? surely big roman makes up for lost time and gives me half his 6 billion fortune to sign new players, yes?
what about if i make a deal BEFORE the jan transfer window when the ban begins? i've signed beckham on a free (as backup) and it says he'll sign on 1st january 2010, so I assume thats going to happen. if i tie up a deal for another player do you think it'll work?

perhaps it'll cancel the beckham deal in january due to the ban though.

if u spend all ur transfer budget in the first season and fail to win any big competitons then the club finances goes and any planned expansion wil be cancelled. I got only 16 mil transfer budget in the second season as i used all the transfer budget previous season and youth expansion was cancelled. I won only the carling cup and finished second in the league.

when does the ban come into place? i'm just coming upto the first jan transfer window and i really need a striker (drogba's off to africa for a while for cup of nations). was gonna try and get dzeko.

i'm totally screwed if i can't get one gonna have to play anelka as lone striker with lampard behind him supporting! have got beckham coming for free in jan done deal so that one should be ok at least.

play zhirkov and lampard as attacking mids and anelka up front and sturridge on the bench as back up 4-1-2-2-1

I'll give you a tip win EVERYTHING :)

Hi mate. I won the league the 1st season after spending £80m in 1st transfer window on Dzeko, Srna, Fazio & Sissoko.
Basically you have no cash after that. Roman takes £2.5m per month loan repayment & the wage bill is like £2m a week. You can't buy again until Jan 2011.
However, I am enjoying it more than previous Chelsea games as you can't buy your way out of trouble.
You also have to sell your best players to balance the books.
I was £80m in debt the end of season 1 and by the end of season 3 just got it back on the black and got my wages down to £1.2m

you can remove the ban by going to C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\data\db\1000\edt and deleting transfer embargo

im at the end of january on the first season with chelsea i bought a couple players in january and i got a message saying the transfer ban had been uplifted after appeal