Firerazor

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'm an avid Cheltenham Town FC supporter and am looking to try and emulate the way they play in real life. Now if you dont know recently we have won 8 out of 9 league games, are going to be playing Spurs in the 3 round of the FA cup and currently lie 3rd in npower League 2.

Manager Mark Yates has created a system which works really well not only at home but away from home too. This is backed up by the fact we have won 8 aways games on the bounce.

The formation is primarily 4-5-1 but sometimes equates to 4-2-4 when attacking. With RAM and LAM supporting the lone striker on the counter, as well as a central midfielder getting forward whenever possible. We also have a holding midfielder, yet really good playmaker in Marlon Pack and a skillfull, technically gifted central midfielder in Luke Summerfield too.

We also have two full backs who at times like to get forward and help support on attacks in Luke Garbutt on loan from Everton and the portugese Sido Jombati.

I am trying to emulate these roles and player positions as much as possible, so if anybody can give me any help it would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what roles best suit what players and especially with passing and chance creativity is concerned. If anybody has a good 4-5-1 tactic for League 2 that would be quality please give me a shout.

Thanks in advance,
Firerazor.

Have just started a Cheltenham save also.

I'm a Pompey fan so was gutted to see Marlon being let go, looked a real prospect and is doing really well by the looks of things, aswell as Matty Ritchie at Swindon. (FFS Cotterill)

But yes any advice for this tactic would be awesome.

We owe you guys and super Steve alot for Marlon. He can pick out a pass as good as anybody and bosses the midfield like no other. Think he works best as a deep lying playmaker (defend) but I'm not too sure really.

No I'm trying to keep what little money I have until January and see if the board will allow more then. I might sign a free loan player or 2 if I start getting injuries but with 2 players for every position pretty much the squad has more than enough cover.

What about you?

Only a few, Quinton Fortune and mainly a few Loanees. I've got Blackburn as my parent club so i'll pick up a few loanees there. One other player i've signed is Damien Casalinuovo. He is quality, rated 5 stars. He was originally on trial at Plymouth but him and Duffy up top are doing well.