Childhood

• Thread starter rosenrot
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 1K
R

rosenrot

What was yours like? :p

What did you do to keep yourself entertained?

I thought mine was pretty good! when i was younger i used to go round to my friends houses and make up dance routines haha that was class. :D mambo no.5 was the best! :cool:

It's sad though that kids don't play out as much as they used to or play games with one another.

Oh thats another thing, what crazes do you remember going round when you were younger? :p

Used to play football pretty much all the time, whatever the weather. Little games of miss and your in ruled.

I remember playing legendary games of fox and the hound around our estate as well :D

Played armies as well, that was fun lol. *BANG BANG* "got you!"

Best craze was definatley POGS. The Tazo's were the best. Tipsies hehe

haha pogs were amazing, but my friend stole mine. :( infact she took quite a few things from me. :(

Played quite alot of chasing/tig games and hiding in places. ahh those were fun. :)

oh i also remember sitting in my garage with my friends eating jammy dodgers telling ghost stories. lmao we were so sad. :D and my friend julie would pull me and sam norwood on the back of her bike in our roller blades. *****! :cool:

Played football mostly, Saturday and Sunday league, training twice a week after school and then with friends the other three school days. Fox and hound was always good fun aswell as lurkie. Played a lot of Mega Drive too.

POGS were big for a while but I mostly collected and swaped Premier League stickers. Shiny's were worth two regular stickers!

Fell into the wrong crowds when I was 13 and stopped all the football though and was smoking ****, weed and drinking every day instead.

So glad I grew out of all that **** and back to playing football, not smoked for three years, healthy and couldn't be happier. ;)

Fox and the hound????

mine was grand i was always playing football rain or shine,hunt the **** or wrestling lmao. Stuff like Playstation one and Sega came into it aswell i actually used to keep my sega at my grans bcause her house was boring and didnt have sky.

back then my dad had to set up cm for me as it was ms dos :O

Played a lot of Mega Drive too.

mostly collected and swaped Premier League stickers. Shiny's were worth two regular stickers!

Yeh me and Lee were on the Mega Drive & Master System all the time. Mortal Kombat, Sonics, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe.....Good time :D

**** how could I forget the footy stickers. Used to collect those. Never managed to fill a book though. Got, got, got. got, got, got, got, got, got, got, NEED!

Fox and the hound????

Like a mashup of hide & seek and tigs. 2 teams of people one would go hide and the others would look and you had to catch them etc...

mine was standard, just did all the usual stuff. spent my teenage years sat infront of a tv or computer screen

haha footie stickers my gran made me a list of what i needed so i could trade :D

Even used to buy those shity Panini World Cup and Euro sticker books as well. Only Merlin knew how to make a proper sticker book.

I don't think I ever filled a book either but I still have a few of them in my cupboard, wish I had a scanner because I'd stick a few pages up for kicks.

Stickers were awesome

was **** when they put the price up to 26p or w/e coss then u cudnt get 4 packs for a quid.

I used to do the SPL ones, done a couple of EPL ones but not really seriosuly, done a euro one and a wwf one :)

I remember doing the gigantic wrestling sticker book - think the stickers were like 35p a pack...remember having a Lita sticker on my wardrobe, didn't deserve to be hidden away.

And also many Merlin EPL ones....great fun - awesome when there was less "foilies" or "shinies" so you could get wood when you got one....it then went to one per pack i think?. Agree with Greg about price rise to 26p though was annoying as when i got £1 pocket money and could only get 3 packs.

Last edited:
footie stickers were awesome, only filled one book i think, but had to send off for the last few lol. Played footy mostly, PS1 came along, wasnt really hooked on it though. Pokemon cards were probably THE main thing in my whole childhood, i remember when i got my shiny charizard, best feeling ever. I think i swapped about 7 cards for him lmao

yeh Pokemon cards were the biggest

I found a Mew-2 card (h) was worth like 50 quid, dunno what i done with ti

I collected Pokémon cards, but they soon died down as I was just starting secondary school. Still got them all in a box somewhere.

just looked out my old spl albums i still have them all from 1995 to 2000 :D

Basically the same, pokemon cards, footy stickers, played football alot and i think we played fox n hound but we called it manhunt just hide and seek but in teams. The main phrase when i was younger was yo-yos everyone doing different tricks like rock the cradle etc but i didnt really get into it because i could only ever spin it up and down.

Playstation one was great with fifa's especially the one that you could have indoor football on radzinski for everton was amazing and the orignal resident evils and tomb raiders,

those were the days

football. used to go home every day, do my spelling/maths homework, then go play football.

snes/ps1.

pokemon cards, football stickers, pogs.

had a skateboard when i was like 12 aswell :(

by skateboard are you refering to your haircut?