sass101

Reaction score
Match which decides is Spain going to face Brazil, Portugal or Ivory Coast in next round, if they ever get past group stages. Interesting game it's going to be for sure. Switzerland, Spain and Chile all can still go through. Discussions about the winner and score welcome ;)

cannot wait for this game. everyone talked about brazil portugal. for me this is the game of the group. i hope it lives up to expectations. chile are attack attack attack, but defend very welll with a high up pressing game. spain are aggressive posession with a high up pressing game. this should be good

Agreed with Themadsheep.. been waiting for this a while now, only disappointment is that busquets is starting again instead of cesc. Themadsheep, we had this conversation about cesc and him before, but i still think cesc would be better off starting, what about you?

Come on Chile!

2-0 Chile

Alexis Sanchez and Matias Fernandez

Agreed with Themadsheep.. been waiting for this a while now, only disappointment is that busquets is starting again instead of cesc. Themadsheep, we had this conversation about cesc and him before, but i still think cesc would be better off starting, what about you?

Spain like to play with two anchoring midfielders as shown in the Euro's two years ago with Alonso and Senna. Senna has been injured over the course of the season so Busquets has come in to do the same sort of role. You could argue that Fabregas could be brought in but that would mean Xavi would have to drop back as Fabregas is better going forward.

I am dying for a Chile win here. 1-0 with Vidal to pop up and score. Alexis Sanchez will have another good game but I will be stunned if he will put a decent shot on target, great with the ball at his feet but his shooting has been poor

Alexis Sanchez Will Run Capdevilla Off The Pitch Tonight, Capdevilla Has No pace Whatsoever:p

Spain like to play with two anchoring midfielders as shown in the Euro's two years ago with Alonso and Senna. Senna has been injured over the course of the season so Busquets has come in to do the same sort of role. You could argue that Fabregas could be brought in but that would mean Xavi would have to drop back as Fabregas is better going forward.
just come back from getting food, anyone know who's starting and if they have changes to how they line up?

SPAIN : Casillas, Ramos, Capdevilla, Pique, Puyol, Busquets, Xavi, Alonso, Iniesta, Torres, Villa

And I Missed The Chile line up, sorry :p

no they needs that kind of players. for busquets, see senna. there are two thing you can always say about spain.
1) they will always play with a dedicated holding player
2) xavi is undroppable

if fab was to come in it would be for xabi, or maybe iniesta

busquest isnt starting ahead of cesc as such, busquest would nearly always start regardless. if anything its alonso who is ahead of cesc

Good start from Chile. Would be a shame to see them go out and the Swiss go through.

I Think Chile Are the same as they were last match if that helps ? :p
Carmona and Mati Fernandez are both suspended, so Gonzalez starts, Beausejour moves into the middle and Valdivia in behind, Sanchez out right. I can't mind who replaced Carmona though

gooner jay. thnis game is shwoing exactly why busquets is playing, if you have xabi, xavi and fab playing, the most defensve player is going to be xabi. they would be picked apart on the counter, and you are forcing xabi to to do two roles, be creative and support the attack, and be the main defensive shield

spain, did you really think chile would come and be in awe of you? i

gooner jay. thnis game is shwoing exactly why busquets is playing, if you have xabi, xavi and fab playing, the most defensve player is going to be xabi. they would be picked apart on the counter, and you are forcing xabi to to do two roles, be creative and support the attack, and be the main defensive shield

spain, did you really think chile would come and be in awe of you? i

have To Agree with you there mate :p(H)

chile giving them a right run out arent they<)

---------- Post added at 12:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

hahahahaha Classic Goal lol