Chinese Super League or MLS? Old dogs retirement home

db12

Reaction score
Simple enough topic.

Having loaded both the Chinese Super League and MLS into my main save I was wondering which is the better League for bringing older players in. Obviously china has loads of money (seen several €50m+ transfers) but the only players who seem to want to transfer are African and South Americans whereas most of the bigger Europeans make the move to the MLS on smaller transfers. Obviously both have different transfer rules with designated players or 4 non Chinese.

So basically which League would you prefer and which has the best potential to pick up the elder statesmen who can add prestige to the leagues.

I would prefer MLS, both in-game and in real life. I don't see the Super League being anything other than a bubble that will soon burst while the MLS is always improving each year. The Super League also lacks any home-grown quality so I'd prefer the MLS.

Thanks for the feedback frakkland :)

I probably would agree that the MLS has the better standard home talent but reading into the Chinese league I think in years to come it could become a popular league. Believe I seen somewhere about China investing a billion into it in the next few years! (could be wrong, probably am!)

The issue I have with the MLS is that I've never quite got the hang of the rules with designated players etc and to be honest because the Chinese league has the rule of a Chinese GK it honestly sounds like there could be goals to be had.

Thanks for the feedback frakkland :)

I probably would agree that the MLS has the better standard home talent but reading into the Chinese league I think in years to come it could become a popular league. Believe I seen somewhere about China investing a billion into it in the next few years! (could be wrong, probably am!)

The issue I have with the MLS is that I've never quite got the hang of the rules with designated players etc and to be honest because the Chinese league has the rule of a Chinese GK it honestly sounds like there could be goals to be had.
totaly agree specialy with the GK part hahaha

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I tried managing in China in either 2015 or 2016 version and it is frustrating. That said the GK rule is not the most frustrating thing (at least all the teams have goalkeepers of similar standing) it's the rest of the squad I had problems with. Ok so you can get decent Brazilians and Eastern Europeans to go there but the local talent is in very short supply, whilst there is little incentive to improve. Mind you if you persevere you will get quite a satisfying challenge.

Wont start new topic. Have similar question about chines thing.
Have you people seen big transfers made by chines teams like in real life?

Seen Ghoulam from Napoli going for 50 odd million which was odd to say the least. Apart from that it was just an odd old Brazilian moving.

I'm currently in 2025 and Chinese teams have made big signings since their "Season 2017". Almost every year there's a transfer above 30 million Euros.
Some examples:
Stepanenko to Huaxia Xingfu for 47.5m
Gabriel Paulista to Shanggang for 27m
Kampl to Guangzhou for 35.5m
Wanyama to Huaxia Xingfu for 29.5m
Ordets to Guangzhou for 36m
Dourado to Quanjian for 50m
Cervi to Shanggang for 34.5m