Montanaro

Reaction score
My board says they will allow me to pick my own feeder team, and say they will email me shortly about it. Yet the last three times I've done this, about 2 weeks later, the board says after a exhaustive search for a feeder, no realistic choice was found.

But I never even got a say????? Do I have to go to a feeder club and pick them like I would do for a friendly or something?

I had a similar problem. For the first couple of seasons, couldn't get a feeder club as the board did it. But think in the 3rd/4th year after making the club successful, I was allowed to suggest a club, and then low and behold, they became a feeder club.

However, I started off at the lowest league I could, and used a created team, and I think it is a case of gaining trust, as I was given the option after promotion to the Npower League 2

Last edited:
What team are you playing as? Unfortunately I can never choose my feeder club :( whether it is a top club or a crappy club

I manage Estrela Amadora in Portugal. I'm in favored personnel for promoting them twice in a row.

They say they are giving me the choice to pick my own feeder, but they just aren't letting me.

Previously they gave me a list of choices that they picked out, so I don't think I've misinterpreted the board as I never had to confirm that I wanted to choose in that situation.

Yeah when I was Newcastle the same thing happened. I tried for either a year or two more of saying I would pick the club and they finally let me do it. In my Alcorcon game I just let the team decide since they usually have some good picks. Then again my feeder team was for merchandise so it wasn't that big of a deal who I got in return.

Are you trying to get an international feeder club? i've just been reading that it could have something to do with a trade agreement between countries. It sounds really weird, but thats what I just read lol

And I'm being serious too, no mickey taking lol

Yep, they told me the same thing (I'm favored personnel too after getting my club from C2 to serie A :p)

But the truth is I didn't see any difference! Since the beginning when I asked for feeder clubs the board would present me 3-4 options and let me choose between those. I was expecting now I could manually pick a club from all over the world, but it's really the same as before: they eventually give me 3-4 clubs to choose from and ask me to pick one.

@atj09: No, I haven't got that choice yet! |)

@ kandersson: That's my issue, except lately my board haven't found at to suggest.

Maybe it's a bug? Why say they will let me pick my own club, when they won't let me?

Shouldn't be a bug i don't think. Didn't the last patch sort that? And if it's not a bug, well it's got me stumped. Maybe give it a bit longer and see what happens?

usually they come back with 4-5 teams for you to pick from - if not then your club couldnt find any. if you ask the club to choose they will just choose one of them for you instead of giving you the choice.

you can only get the option to choose yourself if youve been at the club for a certain amount of time and the board trust you enough

Shouldn't be a bug i don't think. Didn't the last patch sort that? And if it's not a bug, well it's got me stumped. Maybe give it a bit longer and see what happens?

appears my only option

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

you can only get the option to choose yourself if youve been at the club for a certain amount of time and the board trust you enough

and that's what they said to me. You've been here long enough and we trust you to pick the club. *shrug*

You should try again next year or so and then it will let you. It took a year or two to finally allow me to pick a club

I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, I would imagine that you being able to choose your type of feeder club should be down to your clubs reputation, a lot of the feeder club options only really benefit big clubs. That would be my guess anyway.

You should try again next year or so and then it will let you. It took a year or two to finally allow me to pick a club

Could you tell us what happens when you're eventually able to pick a feeder club? Is it you can manually pick a club from all over the world?

Seems my problem is similar to Montanaro's, the board says I can choose the feeder club as I've done so much for this club bla bla bla but in the end it's just the same as before: they come back with 3-4 options and I have to choose between those.

I've only had the 3-4 options too, but not sure if that will apply to all clubs. I'm guessing the bigger the club, the more options youll have. But i've only had the 3-4 options with my created club so far.

Could you tell us what happens when you're eventually able to pick a feeder club? Is it you can manually pick a club from all over the world?

Seems my problem is similar to Montanaro's, the board says I can choose the feeder club as I've done so much for this club bla bla bla but in the end it's just the same as before: they come back with 3-4 options and I have to choose between those.

You get to initially choose the type of feeder club i.e:
Domestic Loan
International Loan
Work Permit
Commercial Link

Then your board come back with 4 potential clubs or they say "we cannot find one etc. etc."