Chris Hutchings sacked by Walsall

Was very poor when in charge of Wigan but I haven't kept track of him since then. Hopefully Walsall beat the drop

Was very poor when in charge of Wigan but I haven't kept track of him since then. Hopefully Walsall beat the drop

Cheers! He was awful here too. Not just results but his tactical decisions (such as losing 1-0 at home, last 10 minutes, taking a forward off and putting a centre back on.. despite having a forward on the bench) baffling..

I know nobody cares about 'Little Old Walsall' but here's the people who have confirmed they are either interested or have applied:

Lee Carsley
Neil McDonald (Sam Allardyces ex-assistant at Blackburn)
Bobby Davison
Chris Turner
Martin Allen (The man I want to take over!)
Robbie Fowler (Sky Sports report this!)
David Holdsworth (ex-Mansfield manager)
Dean Smith (current caretaker manager)
Paul Trollope (Not confirmed but he told Port Vale he was no longer interested, almost as soon as Hutchings was sacked)

So far that's all we know.

Carsley will make an immense manager when he eventually hangs his boots up. But i think he is playing too big a part at Coventry playing wise to take over at Walsall.

2 weeks later with the side 7 points off safety, a local newspaper reports that they still haven't spoken to ANY of the applicants! What a circus.