Chris' Pentagon Dream

• Thread starter Thread starter Mirrorboy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 27
  • Views Views 3K
Well done for even attempting this! Is the Asian champions league hard to win?

2025/2026 - Off to the World Cup

Teams Managed - Colombia, Orlando Pirates, Daejeon

With Orlando Pirates, things weren't going well. we had made some good transfers, yet things just didn't seem to click. Lying around mid-table they decided to sack me.

A month later I took over Daejeon in the K-League, an average team, but we failed to make the play-offs.

Fortune did however come with Colombia, steady perfomaces had seen us rise to 4th in the group, yet we were only two points ahead of Ecuador, Uruguay and Chile. And Peru had already qualified in 3rd, there was just one place left and two games to go. nerves were high. We had two away games, Chile and Uruguay. However, we put in a couple of great perfomances and won them 3-0 and 5-0, ended up finishing 3rd to the board's delight. We were going to the World Cup!

@Maxy, it is pretty hard because the best teams are in Saudi Arabia and they're not playable. Also, the final was in Saudi Arabia, which didn't help

2026/2027 - So close (a story of 4-3s)

Teams Managed - Colombia, Egypt, Suwon

It was the world cup, Mexico 2026. We were drawn in a group with Spain (current champions), Angola and Belarus. With two disappointing draws and a loss to Spain, we failed to pass the group stage. Subsequently I resigned from Colombia and once it was over I managed to get a job with the eventual winners - Egypt!

Also with Egypt, we were in the African Cup of Nations. Scraped through our group with Senegal, Namibia and Liberia with 5 points. But lost in the Quarter Final 1-0 to DR Congo. Not a good showing at all.

Between seasons in the K-League I changed clubs to Suwon, last year's runners up. So we were in the Champions League already. The K-League seasons start in March, so the season I will describe is the one from March 2027 to December 2027.

Having a transfer budget of £2 Million with Suwon, I spent well. We were a force to be reckoned with in the league. We won the League cup and the FA Cup followed. Were top of the league most of the season, in the end we finished 2nd and lost in the play-off final. However, I was happy with that. League runners-up was good enough.

The main story was the Champions League. We were undefeaten in a group consisting of Tianjin, Brisbane Roar and Nagoya Stolz. Drawing with Tianjin away and winning every other game. The second round saw us beat Newcastle United Jets 3-1. Then the quarter finals came, against Higashiosaka Rosa. We lost 3-0 away in the first leg, the dream looked over. However, in the home leg we managed to win 4-0! With a 90th minute winner, what a game! The semi-final we won 4-3 on aggregate as well, against Al-Ittihad.

I was very annoyed when we got to the final against Al-Hilal to find it was going to be played at their home stadium. However, we took the game to them, but with two sendings off in the first half - it wasnw looking good. We ended up losing 4-3, so close to my first champions league success, how frustrating. I have just 4 words to say - "Bring on next season!"

Here's a note from the end of the season:

Suwon Celebrate a Double!

Suwon are celebrating a double after beating Seongnam 1 - 0 in the Korean FA Cup Final.
Suwon have won the Korean FA Cup and Korean League Cup this season.
The likes of Ahn Sang-Hyun and Baek Tae-Hyun were key to the K-League side's remarkable success this season, with 28 goals from Ahn Sang-Hyun in all competitions and a series of superb performances from Baek Tae-Hyun. This is the third time that Suwon have reached the Korean FA Cup Final.

Last edited:
And that's it for now, about to start the next season now. Will keep updating after each season! Thanks for reading

2027/2028 - There's always next season

Teams Managed: Egypt, Suwon

After reaching the champion's league final last year, I had high hopes of going one further. However after being handed a tough group, with eventual runners up Guangzhou, Newcastle United Jets and Higashiosaka Rosa, and a few unlucky results meant we failed to qualify from our group. I was very dissappointed, already I knew I would have to wait another year, but I decided to stay and improve the team, despite a tempting offer from Derby County, and hopefully bring some glory to the club. Again we were strong in the league, top for most of the season, but it I knew it would all come down to the play-offs.

We were knocked out of the League Cup in the Semi Final with a 2-1 loss to Jeonbuk, we were then knocked out of the FA Cup in the quarter final with a 1-0 loss at Sangju. We knew that success must come in the league, and were top until the final day when another 1-0 loss at Sangju meant we finished second by 2 points, this meant we would go into the play-off third round.

In the third round it seems fate played its part by us drawing Sangju. We needed to win this one, after going 1-0 down in the 2nd minute, things weren't looking promising. But a rallying team talk got us a 69th minute equaliser. The game went to extra time, only for Sangju to strike again. But we came back, and with two goals we won 3-2, a great game and a great comeback. The Final was two legs against Jeonbuk, we won the home leg 1-0, so it was precarious going into the second leg. We lost our lead early, but a spirited perfomance by the players led us to a 3-2 win (4-2 on aggregate) - we had won the League! I was delighted to have a second League title to my name. Now, all I want to do is bring in some new faces and concentrate on the ACL next season.
View attachment 220212
There were no major competitions for Egypt, but we did manage to qualify for the African Cup of Nations by topping our group.

Last edited:
Back