Resource icon

Chrissy's 442 FM23 Tactic Brighton Prem 1st season Win undefeated, no transfers.

Chrissy Ross

Reaction score
Chrissy Ross uploaded Chrissy’s FM tactic with Optimized Set Pieces

YouTube instructional video

Chrissy's 442 FM23 Tactic Brighton Prem 1st season Win undefeated, no transfers.

4-4-1-1 system that has optimized set pieces both offensively and defensively. That means throw ins, all freekick scenarios and corners. I am not making any bold claims about this tactic other than to say its merely the best one I can come up with for this patch.

Tactical Formation

1672974445651.png

Tips for using the tactic

Game management
If you get a player sent off with the 4411, take off the AMC to replace the position.

If a player gets booked early on take-off hte “Tackle Harder” player instruction. If they give up a freekick or are injured as well shortly after - sub them, no matter how early as this is an indication, they are going to get a red card soon. Any players with injuries, even slight, sub them.

Team talks and shouts - situational analysis
In terms of instructions pre-halftime and post-game I generally say nothing before the game or “I expect to keep this good run going”, if things are not going well or we are underdogs. I’ll every 10 minutes or so "Demand More" as a shout or at every possible opportunity. At halftime I’d go assertive "I'm far from pleased with what I just saw from this team" if only up by two goals and aggressive "I'm far from pleased with what I just saw from this team" at halftime if only drawing or one goal up. If three goals up at halftime and/or after a win, I’d praise the team. I'd also "praise" the team via a shout if two goals ahead. I don’t use OI’s and don’t delegate them either.

Set pieces
There is no exploits, let the AI assign players for roles. I do not assign set piece takers and tbh as long as your FC or DC’s are not assigned to it naturally, the set pieces will work fine. There are no pre-defined set piece takers apart from throw in takers DL left and DR right.

Giving yourself the best chance of success in FM
To give yourself the best chance of winning you need a happy and fit squad. That means engaging with players and managing injuries. Have training schedules that keep your squad fit. Ideally you should deal with any player issues etc to maintain morale and if you do not holiday between games and deal with player concerns you should achieve better results. If players are not performing, drop them and tell them why. Ideally you should never play a player below 90% condition and those with low percentage match sharpness should be eased in gently.

Player Selection
This is hugely important. In a perfect world to make the best use of any tactic you need players that are up for it and are physically capable of lasting the 90+ minutes. Therefore, you need players that have a strong baseline of the following attributes - determination, anticipation, decisions, teamwork, work rate, stamina, acceleration, pace, natural fitness. Anything under 13 for these wouldn’t be in a team I select preferably at the top level. Lower this value as you go down the leagues.

Obviously signing young players is preferable for development and reselling and also there are attributes for each position that are desirable as well, but ideally you want your baseline for those main stats to be above the average of your competitors in the competitions you are in in order to have any chance.

Player management is also important. Do not holiday between games, deal with player concerns and rotate and keep healthy players in the side at all times. Do not play a player if they are below 90% condition and substitute any injured or mildly injured players immediately. Likewise, if you can substitute any player going into the red zone of 50% condition. The stronger the baseline of the players, the less likely they will tire. I generally would never play a player with determination below 12/13 if I can help it at any level in the game. Determination is the one key stat I always put above others.

I keep my squads happy by playing my first team in the league and in Europe, with my second-choice players playing in the cups or in league game I am an overwhelming favourite.

The Chrissy FM23 Tactic is a version which has less bookings. I prefer this.

Results
1673719415688.png

1673719467674.png

1673719610293.png

1673719641448.png

The tweaked tactic on the right is the updated one with less bookings. I use this one in my saves.

Leave feedback below.

Attachments

• Chrissy's FM Tactic with optimised set pieces.fmf
    54.7 KB · Views: 1,304
  • Chrissy's FM Tactic tweaked.1.fmf
    49.9 KB · Views: 631
  • Chrissy's FM Tactic with long throws.fmf
    45.2 KB · Views: 413
Last edited:
Set Pieces if anyone just wants them. Also attached training schedules i'd recommend.

Attachments

• Chrissy's Set Pieces FM23 Complete.fmf
    37.6 KB · Views: 933
  • Chrissy's Basic Part Time Schedule.fmf
    19.3 KB · Views: 574
  • Wednesday and Saturday Training Schedule.fmf
    19.2 KB · Views: 673
  • Chrissy's Saturday Match Training Schedule.fmf
    19.2 KB · Views: 655
  • Chrissy's Pre-season Schedule.fmf
    19.3 KB · Views: 616
hey, great read ty for the inputs. Do we actually need to do the training at all? I sometimes find it easier to let the assistants do the job giving his stats.

@Chrissy Ross Chrissy Dude, my man! How many times ur tactis helped me! It's a pleasure to see u again
Hope, this new sh*t will fit the ugly teams such asWealdstone in National League :)

hey, great read ty for the inputs. Do we actually need to do the training at all? I sometimes find it easier to let the assistants do the job giving his stats.

Yeah I'd say this is crucial to making sure the players are fit. The AI doesn't always get it right.

The legend from 2019 is back where have you been mate and are you still doing the stand up and are you still drunk lol:D

Hi mate: yeah been working professionally as a stand up for a few years, as well as a few other things :) Now sober: tis a tragedy

@Chrissy Ross Chrissy Dude, my man! How many times ur tactis helped me! It's a pleasure to see u again
Hope, this new sh*t will fit the ugly teams such asWealdstone in National League :)

Well this isn't a Diablo but it's the best i could come up with. The set Pieces are probably more solid than the tactic. Let me know how you get on.

welcome back pal we talked tactics years ago TOO SWEETS tactic I believe.. any comedy links

just plugged beat arsenal 2-1 with a poor united side....hes back

Its a good tactic I believe. Not posting mad results on here but absolutely destroyed everyone with Man City but I think every tactic this version is doing this.

Last edited:
Hey Crissy, i have a doubt, in a season there are weeks with no games, what shoud be the shedule? The Basic Part TIme??

I have one for that & pre-season:

Attachments

• Chrissy's Pre-season Schedule.fmf
    19.3 KB · Views: 91
And which schedule do we use for Tuesday and Sunday games?

Heey buddy, where i can import Chrissy's Set Pieces FM23 Complete.fmf?
I cant see the file when i try to import training/schedule/import schedule