Chrissy's Assymetrical 2-2-2-2-2 Discussion Thread

Match prep is very high defensive positioning until fluid then teamwork/def pos on very low.

May give this ago with my Arsenal team think i have each position covered, nice job :) !!

Great post Chrissy ! Looking forward seing more Of your emulations and tactical reasoning here at FMBase.
Perhaps consider some Of the colours, like the green, as they are not exactly easy on the Eye ;)

Last edited:
TBH thanks mate. Apologies for the colouring. I'll edit asap.

I'm a rank amatuer at this lark but this formation is a bit too wierd not to share.

I downloaded this tactic a couple of hours ago, going forward its absolutely fantastic. I agree that against the better teams you are susceptible to being caught on the counter, but the possession, chances and often goals scored means you wont be troubled that often. A great tactic for a strong side where you are more likely to win 5-3 than 1-0. I love it.

I downloaded this tactic a couple of hours ago, going forward its absolutely fantastic. I agree that against the better teams you are susceptible to being caught on the counter, but the possession, chances and often goals scored means you wont be troubled that often. A great tactic for a strong side where you are more likely to win 5-3 than 1-0. I love it.

First of all thank you for the positive review. Yeah, the tactic is defensively weak and getting caught out in the counter by the big guns and clinical strikers is a worry. I just think its charming, a novel, new formation and way of playing. Every game being an adventure!

I liked the look going forward, but there was one major problem I came across..

I had a free kick outside my 18yd box and for some reason every single one of my players pushed up so the AI had 3 players all alone just before the halfway line. Ball gets cleared and they counter and score. Any way I can fix this because I really like the tactic..

Check your free kicks. Set some players to stay behind. Looks like a really great tactic. Will have a try.

I discovered this tactic this morning and was intrigued, I decided to use it on my spurs squad who i;ve just joined from evrton at the start of the 2020/21 season, i noticed i had very good players to match the positions and roles of this tactic, and i must say its working fabulously! I beat Real Madrid and Porto comfortaly in my final 2 friendlies 3-1 and 2-0 respectively having 60%+possession and even out-passing madrid with 465 passes to a mere 231. And the success has continued i beat Arsenal 1-0 on the opening day of the season and have carried on storming to victories over west ham 2-1 Stoke 4-0 Sunderland 5-2 and Man city 3-1 also basel and milan in the CL 2-0 both times, it nearly came unstuck in my match with man u but i recovered from 2-0 down to claim a point.

But i sit pretty at the top of league and my champs league group and if this tactic proves to be as succesful as i think it will i will upload full stats etc! Thanks for uploading this and ecstatic it seems to match my team so well:D

First of all thank you for the positive review. Yeah, the tactic is defensively weak and getting caught out in the counter by the big guns and clinical strikers is a worry. I just think its charming, a novel, new formation and way of playing. Every game being an adventure!
I'm Man United so i have i good team and i'm always getting 20-30 shots a game against anyone, possession is usually around 65% as well so its different to other possession tacs i've tried because you actually create lots of chances as well as keeping the ball. Against most teams the defence isn't a problem because the opposition don't have the ball enough to hurt you. The better teams can hurt you though but so far i've found the positive's outweigh the negative's i.e. i just beat Chelsea 5-2 at stamford bridge, they had 10 shots (4 on target) to my 26 (19 on target) with possession 60-40% in my favour.

Against weak opposition it seems to break through teams that will sit back with ease. I played nottm forest in league cup and beat them 10-0 with 39 shots (23 on) to 3(1) and possession at 74-26%

Folks thanks for the comments. Joshlisted, bit confused as I always have 3 players set to stay back at all times (DL, WBR AND MCR) with freekicks so god knows whats happening. Likewise with the corners. Amend as appropriate and thanks for the praise.

Danny and Triv glad to hear it. I went Barcelona for 3 games for a laugh after it was complete but i'm finding even with lower league teams its working well. I should state that I normally do lower league management and as such I want universal usage tactics.

Hope everyone enjoys it!

I shall give this a go on my shrewsbury save so I will let you know if it works with smaller teams. I currently have 2 strong formations I am using but I alwas like to have 3 formations for my team to revert to. will let you know later

Just thought i'd add, 5 results since i last posted Liverpool 4-1, Ajax 3-0 Blackburn 7-2:)o), Walsall 8-1 !!! and Man City 2-1 fantastic tactic this!!! and my top scorer got player of the month hes a welsh regen with 20 dribbling and finishing and he got 8 goals in 3 games with an av rating of 9.37!! And this tactic seems to have re-invigorated a certain luka modric! operating on the lm spot in this tactic 8 games 4 goals 6 assists av rating 8.01! madness

Glad to hear your enjoying it! I'm having success with Berwick Rangers in division 3 in Scotland.

Just tried in a different save where i'm Man City, beat CSKA Moscow 4-1, we had 41 shots!! Cska had just 5.

66% possession in our favour too (H)

Loving the ffedback. Sometimes when you upload a tactic you have a fear its only worked for you. Glad to hear of some positive results.

41 shots. Wow.