Christmas Time, Mistletoe and Wine

Dan

I'm back!!!!!
Reaction score
I have seen this on another forum and I think that it is a cracking idea. Please tell me what you think.

It is Christmas Day and one team is bound to be eating sour Christmas Pudding as they are holding the rest of the league up.

christmastree.png

The Challenge

Please start a new game and holiday to Christmas Day 2010. Take over the team who is rock bottom of the Premier League. Your task will then be to guide that team to safety over the rest of the season.

The Rules

1. Please play the 11.2 database without any add on databases such as unofficial January updates.
  2. Please do not use any tactic which takes advantage of the corner tactic or Mr Hough's tactic which is epic.
  3. Please only save the game 5 times, disable the autosave feature.
  4. Please post the league table showing it at the 25th December so everyone knows who you are playing with.
  5. No monthly installments are allowed, please post a screenshot of your transfer budget via the board room page when you take over.
  6. Post your transfers at the end of January.
  7. Post all your results at the end of the season, a screeny of your fixtures page will do. Also post a screenshot of your Game Status at the END of the season.
  8. Have fun
The Scoring

17th Position - 100 points

16th Position - 120 points

15th Position - 140 points

14th Position and higher - 160 points

Relegation - Nil Pwants :)
If you are more than five points adrift, you can gain a point per point you are behind, if you survive.

E.G. If you are 8 points adrift and survive, you gain 8 extra points.

3 points for each home league win

5 points for each away league win

1 point for each home draw

2 points for each away draw

I will keep a leaderboard of the top five on the OP when I receive the candidates. A participant may only have one entry on the top five leaderboard.

Leaderboard

You are free to try this challenge as many times as you like. I hope you enjoy it and have fun! :D

Credit goes to the original thread on NeoSeeker, found here and JHopper for helping me with a few of the rules

Last edited:
I look forward to doing it soon after my Burnley save :)

FM 2011 version. Anyone is free to take part :)

How did the last 6 pages get deleted?

dan do you want to update the op as you've still got it telling us to use a patch from teh last game.

Sean did it :)

---------- Post added at 05:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 AM ----------

OP updated :)

Seem's pretty cool. Let's see who I get stuck with eh? :D

May be quicker if you just start on 1st January.

Holidaying doesn't take very long tbf .......

Also maybe Dan in the OP rules maybe tell players to untick tranfers in first window. So you have the same squad?

Neh, keepit as it is mate I think :)

I said that because if you start as Blackpool in December 2010 they might have sold Adam in July/August so they loose thier best player

I am leaving it as it is pal.

Starting this now, waiting for it to progress. This laptop takes forever :Z

Anybody done this yet? Come on, its only a short season :)

Ill have a go after scl tomorrow.....