Chuckin' A Shrimp On The Barbie - An Aussie's Journey

jamierules95

Reaction score
~~~CHUCKIN' A SHRIMP ON THE BARBIE~~~
~~~AN AUSSIE'S JOURNEY~~~

Hi guys! Welcome to my very first Football Manager Story! I hop into the shoes of a young Australian, who has had a passion for football since he could learn to walk! After an unsuccessful playing career at Albany Creek in Brisbane, young Jamie Rules has decided to take up a managing career, hoping that it will take him to heights he would never have thought possible...becoming the greatest manager of all time! Knowing that this won't be an easy task, I have decided to start off small, regardless of the difficulty! #ruthless
;)
RULES - As this is my first FM Story I have decided not to include any rules, as I just want to go where the game will take me

Setting up the Game- I have chosen to go with the official 13.3.0 update mostly because starting in Australia where there is only 10 teams makes it much more enjoyable, as on the default database all teams had the exact same transfer budgets, and there were a few loans/transfers missing. This update has fixed all that!
View attachment 338127

Nations - The nations I have chosen are basically the ones I feel have the biggest potential in regards to reputation, competitions, players and ultimately the more interesting leagues.
View attachment 338128

To begin my managerial career, I will be set up in my hometown, Brisbane, managing the highly successful (in the last couple of years anyway) Brisbane Roar!

A Background -
Brisbane Roar Football Club (formerly Queensland Roar Football Club) is a professional football (soccer) club from Brisbane, Queensland,Australia competing in the Hyundai A-League national competition, playing their home games at Suncorp Stadium. They officially changed their name to Brisbane Roar FC on 5 May 2009 due to the introduction of other Queensland based teams in the A-League. In the 2010–11 A-League season, the club won its first ever Premiership and Championship after a season which saw them go undefeated in 28 games. With that feat, they won automatic entry into the 2012 AFC Champions League. Brisbane Roar holds the record for the longest unbeaten run at the top level of any Australian football code, which stands at 36 league matches without defeat. Brisbane Roar are also the first and only club to win back to back A-League Championships.
View attachment 338129

Taking Charge!
View attachment 338130

Meet & Greet w/ Dali Tahir!
View attachment 338131

Transfers Update!
View attachment 338132

Chief Scouts Recommended Signings!
- Both Bruno Cazarine and Eugene Levchenko are great players for the A-league, although the rules in the A-league means that i'm limited to 5 foreign players. I already have Thomas Broich (By far my best player), Besart Berisha, Do Dong-Hyun, Stef Nijland (loan), and Henrique who luckily enough earns an Australian citizenship not too long before the registration window closes. This gives me the option of one of the two recommended players, both of which I could really use in this side!
View attachment 338133

The Tactic!
I have decided to go with one tactic instead of three. The tactic is a 4-3-2-1 made by Qetesh. This tactic has given me great success in various saves with Tottenham, Southampton, Monaco, and Sevilla! Anyway, back to the squad. My main weakness at the moment is my wingers, most of them are young and not that great, but do have a fairly promising future in the league, so I won't be replacing them. My another weakness is my left back, with Shane Steffanuto at the old age of 32, should be alright for at least half the season, but I still have Jack Hingert on the becnh who can play left or right, and is also quite promising. But I might have to bring in someone who can play left wing and fullback to really push for the championship. Also my three central midfield spots may need some re-adjusting. Stef Nijland isn't too fluid in the position I currently have him in, and I don't really see much point of training him for the role as he is only on loan and I don't have too much interest in keeping him. This might force me to make a move for Levchenko despite also having Steve Lustica on loan.
View attachment 338134View attachment 338135

Anyway this wraps up the first post for my FM Story. If you enjoyed it please stay tuned for more updates soon!

After a total re-assessing my background staff, I decided to let many of them go, including my 2 assistant managers, head physio, and director of football. Each have been replaced with the best I could find, but only slightly better than the previous ones.

THE FIRST SIGNING-

After assessing various options, I have made my first signing for the club. With only a 26k (UK pounds) transfer budget, there wasn't really too much I could do regarding buying players, only free agents and maybe some loans. Unfortunately, Bruno Cazarine who was one of my main transfer targets had declined our offer and joined with rivals (and strong title contenders) Central Coast Mariners.
It was up to me to find a player that would work well as a backup striker, but could also step up when called upon due to injury... and I found just the man.

View attachment 338249

I brought in 24 year old Frenchman, Raphael Lecomte! Playing in the Belgian 2nd Division for affiliated club CS Vise, had a release clause on his contract, meaning I could get him for free! In my opinion, an absolute bargain for a player of his quality!

Unfortunately, due to the lack of transfer budget, limited foreign players AND a salary cap, I will not be making any more transfers, well until January at least...

At the beginning of August, I noticed that we are still in the Asian Champions League, which surprised me as in real life we didn't even make it past the group stage! Anyway here are the draws for the quarter finals, semi finals, and the final!

Quarters-
View attachment 338252

Semis-
View attachment 338253

Final-
View attachment 338251

Regardless of who we play on our way to the final, I am confident that we have a fairly good chance of winning it, especially knowing that we could have a home final!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the next update i'll be showing you the results from all the pre-season friendlies, also we look ahead to the 2012/13 Hyundai A-League season!