Chule's Arsenal 2003/04 (The Invincibles) recreation #128goals, 108points, unbeaten#

chule

Reaction score
View attachment 483775

The inspiration for this tactic was great Arsenal 49 games unbeaten team from season 2003/04, one of my favorites teams since I'm watching football.
I'm very satisfied with the last version of this tactic, so I have decided to share it with you, and I hope that you will have the same succes with it.
FC Barcelona is not great choice for testing tactics, but what can I do.
I'm now in my 3rd season. In firs two, with variations of this tactic, I won it almost all that I could. I missed one spanish cup, lost in final against Atletico, and in first season I finished 3rd in Champions league group, and then easy won European League. Now in third season I'm defending Champions League title.
The results in third season are the reason why I wanted to shere this tactic. 18 wins in first 18 rounds of spanish league, all wins in every other competition. Yes, I have a great team, but I had it in some other saves, but never won it all without problem like now.

So, this are the positions:
SK(A) Ter Stegen (Seaman or Lehman were more like regular GK, but it works beter this way for me)
CWBl(A) Grimaldo (Cole)
BPDl(D) Pique (Campbell)
BPDr(D) Bartra (Toure)
CWB(A) Dani Alves (Lauren)
CM(S) Fabregas (Viera)
DLP(D) Sergio Busquets (Gilberto)
Wl(S) Iniesta (Pires)
Wr(S) Lamela (Ljungberg)
AFl(A) Messi (Henry)
F9r(S) Neymar (Bergkamp)

You can download tactic from FM14 tactic download section on this site, since yesterday, and here are some screenshots from my last season:
View attachment 427308View attachment 427301View attachment 427300View attachment 427298View attachment 427296View attachment 427295

TACTIC: Arsenal 2003-04 (The Invincibles) FM14.2.2 - Downloads - Football Manager 2014 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

View attachment 485206Champions League Final
View attachment 485208Champions League 2015/16
View attachment 485211 View attachment 485212
View attachment 485215 View attachment 485218 View attachment 485219
Invincible season, with my Dream Team....

Last edited:
No ****, your happy with the tactic, look at the team you have..

OI-no
Training-match prep. on 40%
General: now is on Attacking/High, but I change that every month or two, like match training
Match training: now on Attacking movement
Individual: every player is on specific position and High intesity

No ****, your happy with the tactic, look at the team you have..

Thats why I have shared a tactic so someone can test it with other team, other division....I don't belive that this will work for weak lower division teams, but this is recreation of Arsenal 2003/04, and that was one of the best teams in Europe back then...I don't belive that Wenger could have a run of 49 matches without defeat with Fulham, Le Havre or Bari...

Thats why I have shared a tactic so someone can test it with other team, other division....I don't belive that this will work for weak lower division teams, but this is recreation of Arsenal 2003/04, and that was one of the best teams in Europe back then...I don't belive that Wenger could have a run of 49 matches without defeat with Fulham, Le Havre or Bari...

Fair enough, Viera should be a B2B though.

Im testing this with my FC Twente save, Its far away from fluid but iv got good results!

Vieira should be a B2b - agree! But CM-S it's not wrong!
But i think Gilberto Silva was a MC-D not a DLP...

Vieira should be a B2b - agree! But CM-S it's not wrong!
But i think Gilberto Silva was a MC-D not a DLP...

For first two seasons I had ''Vieira position'' on B2B but in FM14 B2B is too offensive, and he wasn't contibute enough in defence, so I tried this way and it seams better. Same thing is with Gilberto position. In real life he was more DMC(S), but in the game, that or CM(D) dont work well. CM(D) is playing too close to defence, and DLP(D) is just perfect. In real life, Bergkamp wasn't F9, he was something like T or DLF, but in the game that don't work well...same is at Lauren position...he wasn't CWB(A), but the tactic is better this way.

as im a gooner i'll give it ago and report back buddy.

Good luck. When I finish this season with Barca, I will start a new save with some other club. Results with my Dream team in 3rd Barca season are perfect, but that is not real test.

Having some cracking results with Dundee Utd using this tac. Thanks for sharing!

Tweaked this into a 4231 to suit my team.. first game, 5-0 against Zenith with MCFC, only Cavani bought.

oh and its half time!

Edit : View attachment 485145 so far so good... 10 key passes from the front 3 as well..

Last edited:
Cole is a defensively solid Fullback, I don't think he played as CWB(attack) whose job is to attack first, defend second. Fullbacks roles would be better as Full Back (attack). A more defensive Fullback but still attacks. Just my 2 cents.

This tactic is good, im not surprise you got nice results. "Close down more" idea seems working in this tactic.

Tweaked this into a 4231 to suit my team.. first game, 5-0 against Zenith with MCFC, only Cavani bought.

oh and its half time!

Edit : View attachment 485145 so far so good... 10 key passes from the front 3 as well..

When I created this tactic it was 4-2-3-1 with fullbacks and Bergkamp position was AMCr Trequartista...also Vieira position was B2B... I'm glad that is working for you aswell, specially after that sceptical first post ;)

you set your training atta-attacking mov almost all year?when do you change it?

you set your training atta-attacking mov almost all year?when do you change it?

No, it's at balance-teamwork most of the year...when I'm leeking goals I put on defence, andwhen I'm not scoring enough, I put it on attack. Also, sometimes, I put it on def set pieces, after I concide few goals from corners. I'm mixing teamtalk aswell. But most of the matches I'm starting with passiontley I expect win and at half if its tie or I'm looseing, aggresive- expect better...or if I'm winning, calm- you can even better...