City act to cool derby tensions by removing anti-United site

Puddz

Reaction score
Manchester City sought to defuse an embarrassing and inflammatory pre-derby incident last night, in which a member of the club's groundstaff posted anti-Manchester United messages on his Facebook page.
City have been working all week to maintain a sense of decorum heading into the first Manchester derby since 1968 in which both clubs are contenders for the title, heeding Greater Manchester Police requests for Carlos Tevez's contribution to the pre-match debate to be limited.
However, United fans detected the Facebook page run by 31-year-old groundsman Ged Coyne under the avatar "F*** MUFC" yesterday. The page included a barrage of invective against United.
source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...ions-by-removing-antiunited-site-2211033.html

Rather funny I thought. Jealous city fans being told off by their own club ^^)

Silly jealous City Grounds keeper, have some class

Jeloue City fans? Wasn't it a groundsman? :D Well i guess he is a City fan too lol..

just seems like something an average bloke would do if he is passionate for the club he spports and i doubt the groundsman thought people will actually bother with what he posts, hardly much need to blow up over it tbh

just seems like something an average bloke would do if he is passionate for the club he spports and i doubt the groundsman thought people will actually bother with what he posts, hardly much need to blow up over it tbh
passion isnt an excuse for abuse...

I'm betting it's the most common cause of abuse though. *In this example, support.

dont the press have better things to be reporting about than stupid comments like this? surely theres more going on in the world recently that makes better news stories :|

I see where you are coming from, but all the players, staff associated with club shouldn't be making those kind of posts.

If a United Kit man makes '**** off ManCity", then it is not aceeptable as he is part of ManUtd staff.

If either you or me made that post, no one gives a ****. ;)

I see where you are coming from, but all the players, staff associated with club shouldn't be making those kind of posts.

If a United Kit man makes '**** off ManCity", then it is not aceeptable as he is part of ManUtd staff.

If either you or me made that post, no one gives a ****. ;)
its the difference between babels webb rant, and a liverpool fan doing it. Though ive never understod suported who seem to defnine themselves more by their hate of their rivals rather than their love of their own club

it was the groundsman, i doubt he thought his facebook would be looked at and in all honestly, I am pretty sure all of us have posted something similar on Facebook , how does it matter if one more person does it even if he is part of the Man City staff, I am pretty sure even Man Utd players have similar thoughts running through their heads

Maybe he was 'Facebook raped'. Isn't that what all the kids are doing at parties nowadays?

it was the groundsman, i doubt he thought his facebook would be looked at and in all honestly, I am pretty sure all of us have posted something similar on Facebook , how does it matter if one more person does it even if he is part of the Man City staff, I am pretty sure even Man Utd players have similar thoughts running through their heads
for the same reason it matters when its babel and not a random city fan. whether the united players maybe or may nt have those thoughts is irrelevant since they didnt post it up on facebook....

his facebook is public, or course someone is going to see, that was kinda his point

passion isnt an excuse for abuse...

its hardly abuse, he is just saying '**** Man Utd' and I am pretty sure you have said something similar in the past or thought, its not like he attempted murder on Berbatov to keep him out of the match

I dont really see why everyone is so hung up over it tbh

Silly groundsman, he's just jealous about Man Utd's best players and the world's best manager SAF.

its hardly abuse, he is just saying '**** Man Utd' and I am pretty sure you have said something similar in the past or thought, its not like he attempted murder on Berbatov to keep him out of the match

I dont really see why everyone is so hung up over it tbh
er no i havent ever used my facebook to write abuse. and thats not all he said, have you read the article? either way city didnt want anything else stoking the flames, pretty simple and they are well in their rights to take action. no one is hung up on anything

Whether your the Janitor or the CEO, you are portraying the image of the club/organization who employs you. It is therefore extremely inappropriate to make such statements on fb, even he was just the grounds man

er no i havent ever used my facebook to write abuse. and thats not all he said, have you read the article? either way city didnt want anything else stoking the flames, pretty simple and they are well in their rights to take action. no one is hung up on anything

maybe not you but countless other people have done it and abusing other clubs i very common in England nowadays, I am just saying that the media is blowing this out of proportion

maybe not you but countless other people have done it and abusing other clubs i very common in England nowadays, I am just saying that the media is blowing this out of proportion
you have missed the point, its becuase he works for city. same way babel got censured becuase he is a liverpool player