Barfly2000

Reaction score
Want to put City in League 2 and ban from the Champions League for two seasons. If someone made this as a mod I'd be interested in downloading it. If not, is there a way to edit this myself?

I saw one on steam. They won't be going down to league 2 IRL.

I saw one on steam. They won't be going down to league 2 IRL.
Cheers. I'll have a look on Steam. City have too much money behind them and UEFA are gutless so they'll probably get a £50 fine and a Friday detention.

City reckon they will be cleared, journalists reckon at least a year ban from Champions League. Juve were only relegated to Serie B for match fixing. City being relegated to League 2 for FFP would be ridiculous and somewhat counter productive to FFP for the lower leagues to have City there.

City reckon they will be cleared, journalists reckon at least a year ban from Champions League. Juve were only relegated to Serie B for match fixing. City being relegated to League 2 for FFP would be ridiculous and somewhat counter productive to FFP for the lower leagues to have City there.
Financial doping and deliberately breaking rules that you signed up for is cheating just as match fixing is. Saracens are getting relegated to the RFU Championship for lack of cooperation in an audit and City have done this and much worse. I don't think a club getting caught breaking the rules having to drop down a division or two is ridiculous. Clearly a fine would be pointless so unless they're banned from competitions or have trophies stripped then anything else would be a waste of time. I'd also imagine Crawley Town would love a day out at the Etihad, even just for the extra revenue it would bring.

Well... FFP was brought in to stop another Portsmouth situation. However I am pretty sure nobody signed up and it is a Uefa imposed rule which actually does nothing more than help keep the top clubs at the top. I would argue that it is just as unfair not being allowed to spend money to enable a club to become more competitive. Clubs coming up from the championship for instance can't inject an immediate huge sum to ensure they can stay in the league, instead Uefa want organic growth which just isn't possible for some clubs with relatively small fan bases (Bournemouth).

I have to point out I am not a City fan and don't particularly like them, especially since they will thrash my team in the league cup final on Sunday but I don't see City's money as bad for the game. Uefa don't like "New money" clubs and would much rather see the top players being restricted to playing for the 5-6 historic clubs who can afford to pay the high transfer fees.

PSG buying Neymar has had serious ripples on football and if anything made a complete mockery of FFP. We have all laughed at those ridiculously high Spanish release clauses in FM over the years, who is going to pay £150 million for Ignacio Camcho. The whole point of them was they were NEVER meant to be met but when PSG did they pushed the transfer market way up. Don't forget they also agreed £150 for Mbappe the same season. That was literally PSG telling UEFA to **** off, we can spend what we want and still afford and your fine/payment to appease you!

So the Neymar + Mbappe deals set the new standards for transfers fees as Cristano and Zidane did before. As the new fees are in the hundreds of millions that means realistically only Liverpool, Utd, Barca, Real, Juve, and a few others can afford the top players in the world and therefore compete for UEFA's pride and joy the Champions League. Their main concern is that and they want as many top players in the world and the most marketable clubs around the quarter final stage onwards so they can push it's value up and make more money.

Uefa and City haven't had the best of relationships and their fans make that known. City have found various legal loopholes over the years that UEFA then close. I can't remember the team but City played an away game behind closed doors because the home team had done something. Vincent Kompany right moaned in a post match interview because why were City being punished? Why weren't City fans allowed in? It didn't help that a section of home fans managed to make it in the stadium pretending to be press or something. It just adds tension to the relationship that I honestly think is about to explode. There will be serious repercussions from this and I think it may be the end of FFP.

I wasn't discussing the merits, or lack of them, of FFP. The point was that this is a sport with a set of rules just like every other. If you know what the rules are, and deliberately breaking them to give yourself an advantage over your competition, then you should be punished. If you are a repeat offender then you should be more severely punished. Chelsea and Barca both broke the rules and got transfer bans but I don't see them behaving like City. City's relationship with UEFA is similar to a criminals with the police. They broke the rules and now complain they're being unfairly victimised.

The punishment for cheating in sport usually results in the loss of titles, medals, suspensions, division status and the shame that comes with being caught. As you pointed out though with the Neymar joke of a transfer, were his release clause was paid by the Quatari's, UEFA is a toothless tiger. Doesn't make City any less deserving of punishment though.

Financial doping and deliberately breaking rules that you signed up for is cheating just as match fixing is. Saracens are getting relegated to the RFU Championship for lack of cooperation in an audit and City have done this and much worse. I don't think a club getting caught breaking the rules having to drop down a division or two is ridiculous. Clearly a fine would be pointless so unless they're banned from competitions or have trophies stripped then anything else would be a waste of time. I'd also imagine Crawley Town would love a day out at the Etihad, even just for the extra revenue it would bring.
UEFA can't demote City, only the Premier League can with the FA, and their investigation is still ongoing. UEFA have exercised the strongest sanction they are able to by banning them from the Champs League.

UEFA can't demote City, only the Premier League can with the FA, and their investigation is still ongoing. UEFA have exercised the strongest sanction they are able to by banning them from the Champs League.
Yes I know, and when CAS are finished the Premier League will make their move (or not, depending on how brave they feel).