City Of God

John

Resident God
Reaction score
This isn't a new film, but its a ******* amazing one.

Easilly my favorite Brazillian film!

Set in the streets of Brazil, in the slums of Rio De Janerio, City of God follows the exploits of a vast cast across two decades. The film is based on a true story, and is told through the words of Rocket. Its subtitled but after a few minuites you dont even realise it is, the film is so absorbing its like a whole shipment of Bounty!
None of the actors are familiar names as you'd expect given that its Brazilian, but that really doesnt matter as they all show immense talent.
The film basically follows the story of Rocket as he tries to break free from the shanty towns and into photography.
I cant say too much more without giving it away, but it is a fantastic film. I recomend that Play.com be your next stop on the interweb to order your copy now!

I have never heard of it.

What film could you compare it 2?

The box compares it to Goodfellas, which i'd agree with to a point.
Theres drugs and some guns involved - but its a very story driven. Your rich, buy it and you'll agree

haha ill see if it's on play :p

i will give feedback when i watch it.

its a a ******* brilliant film, i would definetley recommend it

ive got it, not wacthed it uyet

Hope you enjoy it Gregor, its a quality film.

My Dad bought this about maybe 3 years back and i watched it then and thought it to be a excellent movie even the subtitles didnt make me switch off.

well ive wathed it.

Thought it was really good 8.5/10

The director basically copied Guy Ritchies style though.

Gregor, its a rip off of Socrsesee's style.

The chrnological growing up part of the film was Scorsesse but most of the camera work was Ritchie eske

"Where do you want to take the shot? In the hand or in the foot? "

What a film, Sean bought it on dvd the other day and I finally got round to watching it. Definately my favourite brazilian film aswell. If any of you havn't seen it yet then it's well worth watching. Yet another good film John has recommended.

what are the others he has?

Lee licks my ***?

Does the DVD have any extras (prob not seeing as it is in Brazlian)

I recomended Dark City to Lee, Akira, and possibly The Crow. Not sure about the last one.

City Of God is a brilliant film though.

John said:
I recomended Dark City to Lee, Akira, and possibly The Crow. Not sure about the last one.

City Of God is a brilliant film though.

Yeh you recommended all of them to me John. I have Akira & The Crow on DVD now. :) And Gregor I'm not sure if there are any extra features on the dvd I never looked.

You may as well as I doubt you will get another chance unless you buy it on DVD.

**has a couple of spoilers!***

Really good film, enjoyed watching it. its a really good insight into the gansters life. but its surprising how easy they find to kill. I was quite gald benny died cos angelica was rockets all the way !! and knonck out ned was a legend. shame the runts got the bosshood tho : @

I cant go through a film review without pointing out a fit bird, well its alica braga, or angelica in this film, she has a smile that can melt an iceberg. :D

8/10

pity i can barely remeber any of it :D

Re-watch it...

o yeh and i also forgot to mention that the director/editor shud get 10-10 for the way they brought the story together and all that