• Thread starter Thread starter Shay Given
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K

Shay Given

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_6577377,00.html

Manchester City have completed the signing of former Barcelona starlet Gai Assulin.

The 19-year-old midfielder left the Catalan giants last summer, despite being tipped as one of their brightest prospects.

Assulin has been training with City for a number of weeks, and he has now signed a two-and-a-half year deal with the club.

"I had heard a lot about City, and as soon as I saw the club I wanted to stay," the Israeli international stated.

"I'm at a great club and I hope to be here a long time. I have to take my opportunity and learn every day in training."

--------------

No doubt he'll become a superstar and show City that you don't need to spend excess money..

He looks a little like Tevez. Just doesn't have that monster scar on his neck.

Don't see him doing much... Great potential though.

He should've joined someone like Bolton or Liverpool. He may get some playing time there.

been on a free for a while now weighing up his options, or going on a long holiday whatever way you want to look at it.

Why did he actually leave Barcelona?

Nice to be put into the same bracket as Liverpool :)

Would have liked to have signed Asulin, but no doubt he will succeed with City

If anything being put in the same bracket as Liverpool is a compliment.

Lol, cant see him getting any playing time, might aswell have gone to a Mid-Table Club, they will probably screw him over and sell him off

enjoy the reserves kid...
Stupid comment here.

We use more youth than a lot of other teams, the likes of boyata, adam johnson, nimely, vidal are being brought through slowly, Mancini seems to be a youth based manager. If this guy is as good as people say he is then he will get gametime

Good purchase by Mancini, hope he becomes good.

Stupid comment here.

We use more youth than a lot of other teams, the likes of boyata, adam johnson, nimely, vidal are being brought through slowly, Mancini seems to be a youth based manager. If this guy is as good as people say he is then he will get gametime

Good purchase by Mancini, hope he becomes good.

haha are you kidding?!

Boyata i will accept.
Johnson has been played less than he should be this season (and isn't a youth), and the other two have hardly had a sniff.

Man City a nurturer of youth. Ye that sounds right.

Agreed with mfage, as per usual. Nimely's had, what, one appearance? And according to Wiki, Vidal's been on loan the past three years. Hardly bringing through youth.

haha are you kidding?!

Boyata i will accept.
Johnson has been played less than he should be this season (and isn't a youth), and the other two have hardly had a sniff.

Man City a nurturer of youth. Ye that sounds right.
If you actually pay some attention to previous years we have been so poor that we have relied on youth, the likes of SWP, Richards, Onouha coming through has helped us a lot in staying up in the past. Mancini has signed younger players such as boateng, balotelli and johnson, and he will continue to do this. We are more of a nurturer of youth, than a lot of EPL teams.

Back