City seal Assulin deal

• Thread starter Thread starter Shay Given
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 38
  • Views Views 2K
never heard of him is he any good

Was meant to be one of Barca's most exciting prospects, but left for reasons not widely known.

If you actually pay some attention to previous years we have been so poor that we have relied on youth, the likes of SWP, Richards, Onouha coming through has helped us a lot in staying up in the past. Mancini has signed younger players such as boateng, balotelli and johnson, and he will continue to do this. We are more of a nurturer of youth, than a lot of EPL teams.

I won't deny you did it in the past, but nowadays? The only reason you're more of a "nurturer of youth" than other teams is because you can afford to be. Besides, I generally count nurturing youth as players coming up through the academy ranks rather than being bought as a 19 year old for a fee of quite a lot of millions.

If you actually pay some attention to previous years we have been so poor that we have relied on youth, the likes of SWP, Richards, Onouha coming through has helped us a lot in staying up in the past. Mancini has signed younger players such as boateng, balotelli and johnson, and he will continue to do this. We are more of a nurturer of youth, than a lot of EPL teams.

Ye you have brought some youth players through, all teams have to do that, or we wouldn't have any players in existence... so naming your best three is irrelevant.

Nurturing your own youth to buying other peoples is a totally different thing and doesn't prove a point either... and i would like to stress that NONE of them are actually youth they are young players of significant ability and cost! Assulin is a youth at present, and i would make a bet now he doesn't make more than 5 appearances in the league.

Unless this kid impresses instantly he will be in reserve team football until someone or the end of his contract saves him.

As usual La Masia product, hyped so much then faded away. He was supposed to be the next big thing. I'm not sure whether Gai Assulin rejected Barca contract or they didn't extend. I dont think this is a good buy. He is nothing special and hyped up just because he is La Masia product.

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Boateng was regualar starter at Hamburg and also had call up from German NT.
Balotelli was part of Inter first team that won treble. Not first team regualr, was used as sub regularly.
Adam Johnson was Middlesbrough's first team regular and was excellent.

Only Balotelli is 20 years old and others are 22 and 23. Hardly nurturing youth. And where is Onouha now?

he'll rot in the man city reserves (6), they just signed him for the fun of it

What's with all this negativity.
He'll either be in the reserves till he's match fit. (My impression is he's been on holiday for little while since leaving Barca so might need get fitness up. But idk so could be wrong)
Or he'll be loaned out to a mid/low table permier league club to get experience of the Premier league.

People thinking you can just buy a youth and expect him to play week in week out straight away in the Premier league need to stop being silly.

As usual La Masia product, hyped so much then faded away. He was supposed to be the next big thing. I'm not sure whether Gai Assulin rejected Barca contract or they didn't extend.

Gai was rejected by Barca/ended with mutual consent and it was speculated that the reason was that he had a bit of a hot temper and was outspoken about other youngsters getting shots to the first team before him (Pedro hrhr).

Last edited:
He'll be shipped out on loan soon enough, I doubt he'll ever make it really big.

Welcome to England, Giovani dos Santos v2.
Lol fair statement, but I still see a good deal of potential in Giovani?

Looked decent in his WC appearances and I hear Harry hasn't lost hope on him at all....

Lol fair statement, but I still see a good deal of potential in Giovani?

Looked decent in his WC appearances and I hear Harry hasn't lost hope on him at all....

Doesn't seem to suit the league.

If he went back to Spain, I think he would do extremely well. He performed decently in Turkey too, during his loan spell.

I think he was released.

Doubt he'll get into the first team, and he's probably got the attitude of Balotelli

If he was released then why are people getting excited about him signing? Can't be that good surely?

If he was released then why are people getting excited about him signing? Can't be that good surely?

Fabregas? Obviously he wasn't released but his potential wasn't noticed and he was snapped up by Arsenal, look at him now!

He was touted as having great potential, but has the attitude of a slightly aggressive slug. That's at least what I think.

Fabregas? Obviously he wasn't released but his potential wasn't noticed and he was snapped up by Arsenal, look at him now!
I'm pretty sure barcelona realised he was an extremely talented footballer. They just weren't able to offer him a profesional contract while arsenal could so they poaced him. We did the same thing with pique.

Back