City Teams?

• Thread starter Thread starter szymm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 5K

szymm

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone would be interested if I created a database where the teams from the same city are merged? For example the best players from Man Utd and Man City would both join the team Manchester. I would have the bigger citys in the Premier League and would have the same structure as just now. I was also thinking about doing the Scottish Leagues as well but was just wondering if anyone was interested :D

Good idea lad, would definitely download. London would own.

Thats a great idea! I'd def give it a download if you created it

I'd be interested if a British league was made with all the major cities - London, Birmingham, Liverpool, Glasgow etc having their own merged teams.

I might consider that to, if anyone has any ideas who would be in teams that would be a great help to XD

milan would be a pretty sick team. as would some of the south american city teams.

edit, oh youre only doing britain....

London would be a bit unfair. Maybe you should split it into South and North London.

Glasgow would be unreal. Edinburgh and Dublin would also be decent

that would be quality, defo download, create your own league system with all the cities in it, do british so that youve got enough :)

london could use the wembley stadium? (as its in london), and then you could use the biggest stadiums from each city.
merge the teams together, keep the best in the 1st team, the not so good in the reserves :)

would you use each city council's arms as a logo then?

that would be quality, defo download, create your own league system with all the cities in it, do british so that youve got enough :)

london could use the wembley stadium? (as its in london), and then you could use the biggest stadiums from each city.
merge the teams together, keep the best in the 1st team, the not so good in the reserves :)

would you use each city council's arms as a logo then?

I'm not sure about logos. If anyone has ideas on the little details like logos or nicknames or anything like that it would be a great help

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

I'm also not sure about countys. Was thinking that perhaps if there isn't a major city in an area i would create a county team what do you think?

I've decided to do a British league rather than individual countries
On the London issue i'm thinking of 2 teams, maybe London North and East and London South and West, the remaining teams in the premier league would be:

1 London N&E - Spurs, Arsenal, West Ham
2 London S&W - Chelsea, Fulham
3 Birmingham - Birmingham, Villa
4 Glasgow - Celtic, Rangers
5 Liverpool - Liverpool, Everton
6 Leeds - Leeds
7 Sheffield - Sheff Utd, Sheff Wed
8 Edinburgh -Hearts, Hibs
9 Bristol - Bris City, Bris Rovers
10 Manchester - Man Utd, Man City
11 Leicester - Leicester
12 Coventry - Coventry
13 Kingston upon Hull - Hull
14 Bradford - Bradford
15 Cardiff - Cardiff
16 Belfast - Glentoran, Linfield, Crusaders, Cliftonville
17 Stoke on Trent - Stoke City, Port Vale
18 Wolverhampton - Wolves
19 Nottingham - Nott Forest, Notts County
20 Tyne and Wear - Newcastle, Sunderland

I decided that I would replace Plymouth with the are of Tyneside to include two large teams in Newcastle and Sunderland. I also realise that teams like Bradford will struggle but other then Tyneside I have done this league purely based on city and conurbation size.

I am undecided if lower leagues should be represented by reserves or by smaller areas, eg Glasgow Reserves - Partick, Queens Park or if these should be seperate areas

what about yorkshire for bradford and the two sheffields? would help bradford :)

---------- Post added at 12:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

oh and isnt west brom near wolverhampton? if not in it? i know they have a massive rivalry :)

West Bromwich should be allowed in Wolverhampton.

It'd probably be easier using reserves for the lower divisions...

Maybe Dundee (Dundee and Dundee Utd) or a merging of Southampton and Portsmouth (as they're very close geographically) would be a better area than Bradford and Leicester? Just an idea. But good work so far! :)

------------------------

I thought West Brom was in Birmingham????

Back