City Teams?

• Thread starter Thread starter szymm
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 61
  • Views Views 5K
with yorkshire, youd have to include hull and leeds tho :\ you could east and west yorkshire?

It'd probably be easier using reserves for the lower divisions...

Maybe Dundee (Dundee and Dundee Utd) or a merging of Southampton and Portsmouth (as they're very close geographically) would be a better area than Bradford and Leicester? Just an idea. But good work so far! :)

------------------------

I thought West Brom was in Birmingham????

No, West Bromwich is closer to Wolverhampton

This is the grouping I would do

London 1 - Fulham Chelsea, West Ham
London 2 - Arsenal, Tottenham, QPR
Birmingham 1 - WBA, Aston Villa
Birmingham 2 - Wolves, Birmingham City
Glasgow - Celtic, Rangers
Edinburgh - Hearts, Hibs
Sheffield - Sheff United, Sheff Wednesday
Liverpool - Everton, Liverpool
Bristol - Bristol City, Bristol Rovers
Manchester - Manchester City, Manchester United
Coventry/ Leicester - Coventry, Leicester
Hull/Leeds - Hull/ Leeds
Bradford/Burnley/Barnsley - Bradford, Burnley, Barnsley
Wales - Cardiff, Swansea
Stoke/Derby - Stoke City, Derby County
Nottingham - Nott Forest, Notts County
Tyne and Wear - Newcastle, Sunderland
South Coast - Southampton, Portsmouth
Bolton/Blackburn - Bolton, Blackburn
Wigan/Preston - Wigan, Preston
Ireland Selection
N.I Selection

(This wasn't done purely on geographical, mainly in Birmingham/London sides, I tried to make all teams kinds even)

Last edited:
i have a suggestion you could do a world league of cities like all teams in london in one team can play all the teams in madrid/barcelona/milan... merged together, yes the british one is good though but easily london/ manchester domination + liverpool hanging in there

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

the world cities one would make it more even but the british one sounds gr8 and i will download!

Its a great idea and i would defo download.

I think you should use Andy's team system.

Tyne - Newcastle, Sunderland

surely this would be Tyne and Wear?

Last edited:
You could add the four provinces of Ireland to your league as theres not enough major cities here. Leinster, Munster, Ulster and Conacht like in rugby.

bristol would be ****, but manchester would own, i would download, what a fantastic idea mate

EDIT: Add blackburn in with burnley

I suppose breaking the London/Manchester domination would be the fun in it. Great idea, just need to make sure we can find teams everyone agrees on!

Brilliant idea, I'd definitly download it as well! :D
Just an idea, you could put all the best players from the welsh league and just create a team called Wales ? <)

Ye it will be difficult trying to get teams that everyone agrees on, I was going for just the biggest cities and areas in Britain rather than working out which teams better than which since when getting lower down it'll be difficult to compare if there are two teams which are far apart in terms on quality.

I'm not sure about doing selects for countries either because I find that a bit unfair and would cut out a lot of players.

Also love the idea of different countries but that would be a lot of work. But would love to bring back the inter cities fairs cup from the 1950/60s

This is the grouping I would do

London 1 - Fulham Chelsea, West Ham
London 2 - Arsenal, Tottenham, QPR

(This wasn't done purely on geographical, mainly in Birmingham/London sides, I tried to make all teams kinds even)

I'd change QPR and West Ham round, north Landaan' ain't that good ;)

If anyone is interested in helping with this project please send me a message

Is this still happening. I would definitely download.

why dont u include crystal palace in one of the london ones? it would deffo help them financially

Back