• Maybe

Votes: 6 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 20.8%

• Total voters

lyoj1

Reaction score
22nd June 2010

After just 7 months in the job, Manchester City Manager Roberto Mancini has been sacked due to a falling out with the board. City have released a statement saying, "The club and Mr. Mancini have reached an agreement and his contract has been terminated." "A compensation package has been agreed with Mr. Mancini this morning."

30th June 2010
Just 8 days after Roberto Mancini was sacked, Manchester City have appointed Al-Jazeera Manager Abel Braga on a reported 1 year contract. He will take up the role with immediate effect. It is belived he will keep Mancini's Coaching staff with two new additions, His long time right hand man Carlos Moreia De Roberto or as he is commonly known Dede as assistant manager And former Chelsea assistant Ray Wlikins As First team Coach. It is also Belived David Platt will be Removed from his post. Braga played for Paris Saint-Germain and a few Brazillian teams and made 1 appearence for Brazil. As a manager he has managed an incredible 19 different teams including Marseille and Internacional where he won the FIFA club world cup in 2006.

2nd July 2010

Manchester City Have announced their 2010 Pre-Season Fixtures:

They will first embark on a Tour of the U.S.A:

Vs Los Angeles Galaxy , 15th July
Vs San Jose Earthquakes , 18th July
Vs New England Revolution , 23rd July
Vs New York Red Bulls , 26th July

They will then Compete in the Jock Stein Cup hosted By Celtic Fc:

The tournament will take place on the 31st of July and 1st of August

The teams competing are:

Celtic Fc
Manchester City Fc
A.C Milan
Shakhtar Donetsk

Pre-Season will finish At the City of Manchester Stadium on the 7th of August with a game against Olympique Lyonnais.

3rd July 2010
Press Conference:
Reporter: Mr Braga are you pleased to be here
Braga: I'm very pleased to be here, I would like to thank the club for a very warm welcome.

Reporter: Do you have any main targets for this season.
Braga: Yes, I would like to win a trophy and break into the top four this year.

Reporter: Do you plan to make any changes to the squad.
Braga: I will have a good look at what we have here and assess if any changes need to be made.

7th July 2010

City Sign Young

Manchester City have completed the signing of Ashley Young from Aston Villa. He has signed a 5 year contract and the fee is belived to be around £25 million. We caught up with Young outside City's Carrington Training ground and this is what he had to say.
"I am very pleased to have signed with Manchester City." "This is a great club that are aiming for the top and I want to be a part of that."

9th July 2010

Santa Cruz Leaves

German side wolfsburg have today confirmed they have completed the signing of Roque Santa Cruz from Manchester City. This has raised rumours that Bosnian striker Edin Dzeko could be heading the other way.

11th July 2010
City in Brazillian Swap

Manchester City Have Completed the signing of Brazillian Wonderkid Ganso from Santos. Jo will go in the other direction. It is belived Ganso will stay with Santos on loan for another year.

12th July 2010
Joleon Returns

Joleon Lescott has made a unexpected return to Everton. The out of favour centre back has rejoined his former club for a fee of £9 million, just over a third of what Manchester City paid for him less then a year ago.

15th July 2010
Terry Leaves Chelsea

The world of football is in shock today as John Terry has sensationally joined Manchester City. In a £20 million pound deal he has moved up north after reportedly falling out with the Chelsea board. Chelsea fans have shown their anger by holding a protest outside Stamford Bridge. It is thought Terry will become the highest paid defender in the world earning a staggering £300,000 per week. He is set to jet out to America to join up with his new team mates in the next few days.

---------- Post added at 02:00 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 10:07 PM ----------

I will do a pre-season report and then monthly reports over the course of the season

Wow, this seems amazing. Even though Man City are a simple team to manage, you make this truely amazing. Can't wait for next post. Following

Thanks a lot. i like your southampton post

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

The Squad

Gk : Hart, Given, Taylor
Cb : Terry, K.Toure, Kompany, Boateng, Boyata
Lb : Kolarov, Bridge, Cunnungham
Rb : Richards, Zabaleta
Dm : De Jong, Y.Toure, Barry, Vieira
Am : Silva, Milner, M.Johnson
Lw : Young, Balotelli
Rw : A.Johnson, Wright Phillips
St : Tevez, Adebayor

Good stuff, but make the text smaller, and add some pictures to it, rather than just text.

I will incorparate that into the next post. Spread the word please

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:46 AM ----------

I will make my next post in a while. I want to build up a good following and I am very busy aswell so bear with me.

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 04:16 AM ----------

Can you all comment i would like to know how ive done

Looks good so far.
But are you going to sign samba stars.

FOLLOW MY STORY
Dundee FC-Who will be the savour

I dont think to many huge name brazillians but i do plan to bring in some young stars (Ganso, David Luiz, Hulk etc.)

Can You all comment. I would like some feedback to work on.

The personal view update up to 15th July is coming soon. I will do the public style and follow up with the managers own style

24th June 2010

I received a call from Sheikh Mansour this morning saying that Gary Cook and Khaldoon Al Mubarak wanted to meet with me at the City of Manchester Stadium. I am excited as only a few hours earlier I heard Roberto Mancini left his job as City manager.

26th June 2010

I arrived at the City of Manchester Stadium this morning for an interview with Gary Cook and Khaldoon Al Mubarak. It went well I told them what I wanted to do with the team and what resources I would need. They said they would inform me weather or not I was successful in the next few days. I don't think I have a great chance, I saw Martin O'Neill and Manuel Pelligrini when I was in there but lets cross our fingers.
29th June 2010

Gary Cook called this morning saying they wanted to meet with me I was very nervous. When I arrived they called me in and told me they wanted to offer me a job. I was so pleased. They then took me on a tour of CoMS.

They then took me to Carrington where I went on a tour and then watched the players train. Mr Cook then introduced me to the players and I observed a mini-game.I went back to the hotel and called my wife and told her the news. I then phoned Carlos (Dede) and he said he would love to join me at City.

Last edited:
1st July 2010

As I arrived at my office for the first day in the job, it hit me. I was the manager of Manchester City. One of the biggest clubs in Europe. I had the rescources to attract some of the best playersin the world. I could build the greatest team in the world. All I needed was time and determination. I looked through the list of players that had been made for me. Each player had a short video of game and training footage.
I also spoke to an old friend of mine in Scotland. He told me about these three 15 year old kids that are supposed to be great talents. I'm going up to watch them on Sunday morning.
I recieved a call from John Reid the Celtic chairman inviting us to take part in a pre-season tournament. I accepted. I thought it would be a good competitive runout a couple of weeks before the season starts.

4th July 2010

I went to watch those kids today. They look like good talents. Two of them scored as their team won 5-1. I spoke to them and their parents and told them I would like them to come for a weeks trial. They accepted. I'm very excited about those kids.
I spoke to Gary Cook today and I told him I was interested in signing Ashley Young. He said he would speak to Randy Lerner.

6th July 2010

Ashley Young and his came to meet with me and Mr. Cook. We spoke about a possible move and he said he was very excited and would love to join. His agent agreed a contract with Mr. Cook. We then took him on a tour of the stadium.

7th July 2010

Today it was announced that Ashley had signed. We took him around the training ground and then he joined the lads for the afternoon session.
Today the kids from Scotland arrived. I watched them train with the under 17s. They do look very good.

Can you all tell me what you think of the diary version. Not sure if I should continue it.

Pre Season Report
15th July 2010

Los Angeles 2 V 0 Manchester City

17th July 2010

View attachment 120716

18th July 2010

San Jose 1 V 3 Manchester City

21st July 2010

View attachment 120717

23rd July 2010

New England 1 V 7
Manchester City

24th July 2010

View attachment 120718

26th July 2010

New York 0 V 2
Manchester City

28th July 2010

View attachment 120719

31st July 2010

Celtic 1 V 4
Manchester City

1st August 2010

A.C. Milan 1 V 0 Manchester City

7th July 2010

Olympique Lyonnais 1 V 1 Manchester City

I like it. Maybe talk a little about each signing though.

August/September Report

14th August 2010

Totenham 1 V 2 Manchester City

View attachment 120846View attachment 120847
A good start to the season. A tough team and a good victory especially away from home.

19th August 2010

Tavria 0 V 3 Manchester City

View attachment 120848View attachment 120849

A solid victory in the Europa League qualifiers. Pretty much confirms we are in to the group stages.

23rd August 2010

Manchester City 2 V 2 Liverpool

View attachment 120850View attachment 120851

I was a bit dissapointed that we didn't manage the victory, but still Liverpool are a good side so a draw isn't to bad.

26th August 2010

Manchester City 3 V 0 Tavria

View attachment 120867View attachment 120868

Another good win. A 6-0 aggregate victory takes us through to the group stage quite easily. I'm very pleased we are through.

29th August 2010

Sunderland 0 V 4 Manchester City

View attachment 120869View attachment 120870

A very comfortable win. A great victory and i'm very pleased with this result.

11th September 2010

Manchester City
1 V 0 Blackburn

View attachment 120871View attachment 120872

Just managed a win there. A 1-0 victory which we got from an own goal. Anyway still another 3 points.

16th September 2010

Manchester City 1 V 0 Fenerbache

View attachment 120874View attachment 120875

A great goal from Mario Balotelli gets the victory for us in our first Europa League group game.

19th September 2010

Wigan 0 V 1 Manchester City

View attachment 120876View attachment 120877

A narrow victory for us but again a win is still a win and we get another 3 points.

22nd September 2010

Manchester City 2 V 0 Wigan

View attachment 120878View attachment 120879

A good victory to send us into the fourth round of the Carling Cup. I'm very pleased.

25th September 2010

Manchester City 2 V 1 Chelsea

View attachment 120882View attachment 120883

Absolutley delighted with a result which takes us above Chelsea and into first place. A great achivement considering Chelsea had not previously conceded a league goal and had won all of their games.

30th September 2010

Maritimo 0 V 3 Manchester City

View attachment 120884View attachment 120885

A good result which involved a brillinant 25 yard lob from Mario Balotelli. A second win in the Europa League. Things are looking good.

End of month report

Barclays Premier League
View attachment 120886

Europa League

View attachment 120887

Top scorers

1. Carlos Tevez 5
= Mario Balotelli
3. Emmanuel Adebayor 3
4. David Silva 2
= Adam Johnson

Most assists