Claiming Back the ''Perch'' From The Angry Scotsman : A Liverpool Story

Reaction score
A Lad From The Glory Days Bringing Back The Glory Days!
We are here at Anfield day as we announce the arrival of new manager, Tom Hammond, Hammond was one of the unforgettable players from the glory days here at Anfield, playing Right Back from 1975 till 1987 where he won four Champions League trophies with the club, in 1987 he left the club for a resurgent A.C. Milan side.

Hammond was known by many people as, the soul of Liverpool Football Club and many Liverpudlians have been quoted as saying, its the best choice since King Kenny joined as a manager.

" I love and live for Liverpool FC, as a local lad I know how the fans feel about the troubled times we have been through over the last twenty years, I would like to return the club to the big time a time where I played and the club felt good about it self. The fans at this club deserve to have a team that play football worthy of winning anything, after all the fans are the most loyal and passionate supporters around. However it is deeply disappointing that I will have to speculate to accumulate. I like the team I have at the moment with strengthening in few areas I'm sure this Liverpool side can once again, reach the heights." Hammond had many drinking off his passionate words the only question now is, can he deliver?​

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pre Season :
PSG 0 - 1 Liverpool (Yossi Benayoun, 84.)

Slovan Liberec 0 - 1 Liverpool (Dirk Kuyt,46,46. Ryan Babel 78.)

Sheffield Wednesday 0 - 2 Liverpool (Steven Gerrard,1. Fernando Torres,53.)

Genk 0 - 3 Liverpool (Fernando Torres,5,21. Steven Gerrard 90+2.)

Peterborough 0 - 2 Liverpool (Dirk Kuyt,4,62.)

Liverpool 2 (Maxi Rodriguez,14. Fernando Torres,17.) - 0 Sporting Lisbon

Genoa 2 (Robert Acquafresca,Pen 7,71.) - 3 Liverpool (Lucas Leiva 16. Fernando Torres,32. Steven Gerrard,40.)

Hammond's Notes On Pre-Season :
Honestly my pre season couldn't of gone better the lads are a really professional and loyal bunch. I used pre season to test my players they responded brilliantly, two goals conceded in seven games, had the mistakes been cut out then we wouldn't of conceded at all. A youngster called Lucas Leiva has impressed me to be honest, Rafa played him because he saw his potential, I can see the same thing he has the building of a top notch central midfielder, Emiliano Insua also impressed me during pre season playing solidly from the back. I am quite glad to see Albert Riera leave the club we gained Ten Million pounds from the piece of business. My captain's Steven Gerrard & Jamie Carragher have shown me enormous respect & have promised to stick around while I'm in charge. Things are looking good for my new look Liverpool side.[/b]

Transfers
OUT : Albert Riera TO Real Madrid.
Fee: 10 Million.

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 PM ----------

Hammond's Reign In The League Begins.

Game 1.

Liverpool vs. Hull
Hull City 0 - 1 Liverpool

Liverpool kept the ball to themselves during the first half and looked good on the ball, however without skipper Steven Gerrard they lacked the clinical edge. Again in the second half the lacked the clinical edge but in the 2nd minute of stoppage time and probably with the last kick of the game Martin Skrtel tapped in a rebound which fell to him, a deserved win for Liverpool who's crisp passing showed all afternoon but they just lacked the finishing touch.

Absolutely stole my stories title.

Absolutely Didnt. I don't read other stories so don't claim anything. You could of been nicer and asked me to change it, and I'm going to anyway but thats because I'm nice.

Last edited:
Didn't say he couldn't use it or I copyrighted it, just saying he started this just after I started mine with a very similar name.

Maybe put a little wink? ;)

Looking forward to your next update!

It doesn't matter what his thread name is. It's not 100% match to yours nor is the storyline. Good luck workforthegame, ignore him.

Well the storyline is, we are both aiming to do the same thing ;) Good luck anyway, people are making more of a deal of this than I intended by my comment.

Game 2.

Liverpool VS. Sunderland

Liverpool 2 - 1 Sunderland
Liverpool went 1-0 down against the run of play when Andy Dawson hit a thirty yard free kick into the top corner of the Liverpool goal, however after consistent Liverpool pressure they found the equalizer form Dirk Kuyt after good play, Steven Gerrard slid a ball through to the byline where Maxi Rodriguez slid it across first time and Dirk Kuyt smashed it in. On the 78th Minute Fernando Torres slid through a beautiful ball and Yossi Benayoun just slid home what ought to be the winner. Micheal Turner then got sent off for a foul on Gerrard.

(You lot stop bickering. Iam just amazing(H))

Cheers for all the luck guys, might need it.

Updates Coming Soon

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

Game 3.

Liverpool VS. Wolves.

Liverpool 2 - 1 Wolves
Liverpool conceded a wonder goal from 35 yards out by Michael Kightly. Maxi Rodriguez then gave Liverpool the equalizer with a well taken blast into the top corner. Maxi Rodriguez then have Liverpool the lead with a header from a brilliant cross from Yossi Benayoun. Liverpool then won the midfield battle and continued to press but couldn't find a third.

Hammond's Monthly Notes:
Well a good month depending on how you look at it, we haven't been the best footballing side on the earth but we've grounded out wins and wins are wins no matter what. For the next couple of months I am going to teach my players to be more clever with the pass and more clinical infront of goal. Youngster Damien Plessis has impressed in his role this month being a good midfield battler. All in all a good month and I hope for more of the best.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:41 PM ----------

Game 4 Derby Day Beckoning.

Liverpool. VS. Everton.

Everton. 0 - 1 Liverpool. (M.O.M Lucas Leiva 8.2)
In the first ten minutes Liverpool had 5 clear cut chances and missed all of them due to Carlo Nash's worldie saves. Up until the 28th minute Everton were just so solid at the back until the injured Gerrard's replacement Yossi Benayoun struck an amazing goal from 25 yards into the corner low and hard. Half Time score Liverpool 1 - 0 Everton.

The first ten minutes of the second half Everton bombed forward but lacked in the box. The rest of the half was fought in the middle of the park like all traditional derby days, a lot of cards were also given out. Liverpool claimed a deserved victory and city bragging rights.

Liverpool Goalscorers :
Yossi Benayoun, (28.)

Manager Of The Month Update :

Liverpool manager Tom Hammond has won the manager of the month accolade for a scintilating 3 wins out of 3. In second came Aston Villa's Martin O'Niell and in third Chelsea's Carlo Ancelotti

Hammonds words after the game :
" Well I'm ecstatic, after all I'm a Liverpool born lad and this was always the game I used to look forward to the most. Yossi's goal had me bouncing around for a couple of minutes, never seen a goal like that in the derby. Lucas had a crackin' game for us I hope for more of the same. I believe a drink or two is in order they can have half of the week off. Thank you and goodbye" In the background you can hear screaming noises getting closer and closer.

Yossi Benayoun and Dirk Kuyt :
Dirk Kuyt : "Well I'm just so happy for this man right hear, Yossi Benayoun the new Liverpool hero I mean not every day you score a goal like that and on a day like today, well I'm just delighted."
Yossi Benayoun : " I mean I'm just so bouncing right now err I mean its a great performance for us and you know I mean if we can keep this going, who knows? I do believe we can win the league yes. "

Last edited:
could i have this closed please. My inspiration in Liverpool died epically for FM so I deleted the file.

Sorry guys who were reading this, no not sure so many were.

P.S. I have fallen in love with lower league management and fallen out of love with higher league management due to predictability. So please expect a lower league story on its way.

Last edited:
I was reading it.. and it is pretty stupid to finish it after one day.

I guess i just lost any inspiration for high league management. Happens sometimes "/