As far as I know you cannot edit the data for classic mode. I could be wrong though, so if anyone knows better please reply.

You can edit.

The way to do it is tricky though. Once you have saved your edits open the game.
Do not select Classic mode, select the Traditional game mode - it will then ask to choose the database, tick the bottom and select your edit.
Once the screen appears that gives you which leagues you want to select go up to the FM button and select the Quit to main menu option. (Do not use the back arrow button as this will not work). You will land at the main menu again, now select the Classic mode.

Using toffeejay's theory it works! thanks mate

i have a level 9 english data and i can play as Scarborough Athletic on classic mode now :)

much better

You can edit.

The way to do it is tricky though. Once you have saved your edits open the game.
Do not select Classic mode, select the Traditional game mode - it will then ask to choose the database, tick the bottom and select your edit.
Once the screen appears that gives you which leagues you want to select go up to the FM button and select the Quit to main menu option. (Do not use the back arrow button as this will not work). You will land at the main menu again, now select the Classic mode.

Hi, on my game, the database screen dosent come up, it goes straight to the leagues selection screen from the main menu screen, which means the database loads without me loading the level 9 english data, can anyone help with this? thanks

fmc edit

when you do all that and you go back then pick classic mode it asks you again what database you want and your edit aint there so its impossible!!!!!!!

when you do all that and you go back then pick classic mode it asks you again what database you want and your edit aint there so its impossible!!!!!!!

I think they patched it out at some point but haven't checked if it's still possible.

fmc edit

gutted there must be a way to still do it. is there no way to get rid of this update thing that seems to have been fixed.

gutted there must be a way. is there no way to get rid of this update thing that seems to have been fixed

Last edited:
don't think so, if there is a way then it will probably rewind the match engine back to how it was on release day aswell.

Has anyone found a way to fix this?

I've tried to contact SI in this regard. But they simply didn't want to talk about it... Fantastic.

I've tried re-installing the game as well. But there seems to be no way around downloading the january update. Which completely ruins the game for me. Gutted!

You can edit.

Hi guy

sorry how have you done that?

I copied the DB in this following link but the way you told hasn't worked.
C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2013\editor data

Have i to change the folder or what could be the problem?

Thanks!