Claudio Marchisio - Managing Empoli

1632651400666.png

DECEMBER

bologna.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos*, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos, Ricci (Gundersen), Berardi, Camara (Wenig), Vignato, Kean

A stunning away performance as we smash 5 goals past Bologna. Kean and Berardi scored a brace while the own goal was comical. Berardi took a penalty, hit the crossbar and the ball then bounced down off the back of their keeper and it rolled into the net!

--

UEFA Champions League Group H
madrid.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Luperto, Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch, Berardi (Rony Lopes*), Camara, Vignato (Conceicao), Kean (Gutierrez)

We performed superbly here as we dominated this match but we were somehow losing despite having attempt after attempt on goal but we got the equaliser when Rony Lopes smashed in a 25 yard thunderbolt. We finish in 3rd place in the group so will go into the Europa League.

group.png

--

udinese.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden*, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos (Ricci), Gravenberch (Gundersen), Berardi, Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean

5 wins in a row now in the league and 4 clean sheets in a row to boot! We took the lead through a Berardi penalty and that looked to be it but Ronaldo Camara curled an effort in from 20 yards late on to kill the game.

--

fiorentina.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos*, Gravenberch, Berardi, Camara (Wenig), Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

An early goal from Dani Ceballos was enough to give us all 3pts. The form of Ryan Gravenberch though is continuing to fall and I am seriously thinking about taking him out of the side. Such a huge disappointment.

--

SUMMARY

We end 2023 in a title race!!!! We had another fabulous month as we won all 3 league matches without conceding a goal! Our 5-0 away win over Bologna was naturally the highlight but overall I was happy with all of our performances! It has been a great start to the campaign however we have not yet played half the league campaign and we have also to play Lazio, Inter Milan and Juventus.

In the Champions League we drew with Real Madrid which obviously was not enough for us to qualify but we go into the Europa League knowing that we are certainly capable of winning it. We have been drawn against Nice in the 1st knockout round.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
PERE MATEOS
mateos.png

--

SERIE A
DEC.png

1632658783940.png

JANUARY

genoa.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos, Gravenberch*, Rony Lopes, Camara (Wenig), Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

Finally a standout performance from Ryan Gravenberch!!!!! He set up the opener for Palinek which was his first goal for us and then he scored our 2nd in stoppage time to also open up his account for goals. We have now won 7 in a row with 6 clean sheets in a row.

--

lazio.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos (Ricci), Gravenberch, Rony Lopes*, Camara, Vignato, Kean

Another win and another clean sheet!!!!! Rony Lopes put us ahead with a powerful strike from the edge of the area and Moise Kean scored the 2nd as he finished off a great team move. We are on top form at the minute!

--

Coppa Italia 1st Round
1.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Chirio), Ceballos, Gravenberch, Rony Lopes (Berardi), Camara*, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

We engage in Coppa Italia action and transfer our league form into it. We got the win with a clean sheet and the win was secured thanks to yet another long range strike, this time from Ronaldo Camara. Vignato earlier had a goal disallowed.

--

Coppa Italia Quarter-Final

qf.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos*, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos, Gravenberch (Ricci), Rony Lopes, Camara, Vignato, Kean

We reach the semis for the first time thanks to this fine victory here. We netted 4 times and looked the better side but they only had 2 shots on target which both found the net. We will play AS Roma in the semi-finals.

--

inter.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Luperto, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch, Rony Lopes, Camara (Wenig), Vignato (Conceicao), Kean*

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Are we now considered as genuine title contenders???

What a performance and what a result!!! Moise Kean struck twice to have us in control and then my young left back Jorge scored with a stunning strike as he fired in from 18 yards in the corner of the 18 yard box. 9 wins in the league in a row with 8 clean sheets in a row.

--

napoli.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos, Gravenberch, Berardi*, Camara (Wenig), Vignato, Kean (Gutierrez)

Another victory and this time all 3 goals were screamers! Berardi scored with 2 free-kicks from 30 and then 25 yards out and Vignato also scored with a brilliant effort. The only annoying thing was conceding a goal to end our clean sheet run with their only shot on target.

--

SUMMARY

In previous years January has been a real struggle but not this year as we were superb! We won every match in both league and cup and we end the month level top in the league with a game in hand!! We have one of the best attacking records in the league and also the best defensive record so that is naturally a great combination.

We didnt exactly have easy games either! We beat Lazio in the league and cup, thumped Inter Milan 3-0 and although Napoli have been poor we still turned up and swotted them aside.

As for transfers I sold Sebastiano Luperto to Al-Hilal for £11.25m. He made 123 appearances for us and scored 4 goals and while he has never let me down I felt that the deal was too good to turn down and in his place in the squad I have promoted 17y/o Simone Berardi.

Incoming were 3 players. I signed a young Dane for £500,000 and an Indonesian left back and a Brazilian CM on free transfers but the latter 2 have been loaned out.

I did try and make moves in the transfer market. I missed out on 2 regens plus I tried to get Gaetano Castrovilli on a pre-contract but he agreed to join Roma so in the end I didnt strengthen the first team squad at all.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOISE KEAN
KEAN.png

--

SERIE A
JAN.png

1632682195514.png

FEBRUARY

ATALANTA.png

Lineup
- Audero, Adjapong (S.Berardi), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos*, Gravenberch (Ricci), D. Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean

Thats 11 wins in a row now in the league and it seems that every game we score a screamer as Dani Ceballos smashed one in from 30 yards. Adjapong got injured here and will be out for 3 months.

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 1st Leg
1.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch (Ricci), D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

****** TAMMY ABRAHAM!!!!!

I make it 8 goals now that he has scored against us as he quickly levelled after Mateos put us in front. Their away goal means we have a really tough task ahead of us in the 2nd leg.

--

cagliari.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos*, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos (Gundersen), Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Wenig), Vignato (Conceicao), Kean

Moise Kean's goal was enough for us to win the game and make it 12 wins in a row and we are now 5pts clear at the top of the league after Roma drew with AC Milan!

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd Leg
2.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos (S.Berardi), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara (Wenig), Vignato (Conceicao), Kean

WE REACH THE COPPA ITALIA FINAL!!!!

What a moment it was when Conceicao scored in the last minute of extra-time to send us through on away goals. It was an even tie and we took an early lead when Moise Kean scored but just after half-time Tammy Abraham scored yet again. They took the lead in extra-time but Francisco Conciecao flicked in a finish to make it 2-2 to send us into the final against Inter Milan.

--

LECCE.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Viti (Garcia), Jorge, Ceballos (Gundersen), Gravenberch, D.Berardi*, Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

Superb!!! We hit Lecce for 5 here despite falling behind early on to their only shot on target. Domenico Berardi scored a hat-trick, Camara scored a belter and Mateos also chipped in. The amount of goals we are scoring from outside of the box is ridiculous!!!

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 1st Leg
nice.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos (Ricci), Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Rony Lopes), Vignato*, Kean

We kick off our Europa League campaign with a fine victory here. Although it was 1-1 for a long spell we were always in control and deservedly got 2 goals towards the end to make it comfortable.

--

crotone.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani (Viti), Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch, Rony Lopes*, Camara, Vignato (Conceicao), Kean

We score 5 goals for the 2nd league game in a row as we sweep Crotone aside. Our last goal was comical as their keeper kicked the ball off the back of Rony Lopes and it bounced into the net.

--

UEFA Europa League 1st Round 2nd Leg
ogc.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Garcia, Rugani, Jorge*, Ceballos (Ricci), Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato (Conceicao), Kean

Not bad. We get another 3-1 win over Nice to complete a 6-2 aggregate victory. Its win after win after win at the moment.

--

SUMMARY

We had another unbelievable month. We won all 4 league games, reached the Coppa Italia final and also progressed in Europe - not at all bad! Sure the results were one thing but its the way we are playing that is really impressive as we are dominating near enough every match. We end the month 2pts clear of Roma at the top of the table with crucially a game in hand - albeit against Juventus - and the heat will be on my players to get the job over the line.

Towards the end of the month I received offers up to £27m for Zinho Vanheusden from Chinese clubs which I rejected and then another met the release clause for Pere Mateos of £26m but I immediately offered him a new contract which he accepted so that deal got cancelled.

Youth intake up next month!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RONALDO CAMARA
CAMARA.png

--

SERIE A
FEB.png

1632766335198.png

MARCH

samp.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani*, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Wenig), Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

A superb solo goal from Domenico Berardi was enough for us to win this match. They did have an early goal disallowed which was fortunate for us. We have now won our last 15 league games in a row!

--

roma.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani (Viti), Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato (Conceicao), Kean*

A huge result. Sure our win streak in the league has come to an end but by avoiding defeat we still have the league title in our hands. We fell behind twice but pegged them back twice and that ****** Tammy Abraham scored against us yet again!

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 1st Leg
valencia.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Chirio), Ceballos, Gravenberch*, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

The draw wasnt particularly kind to us as Valencia are a decent side and they have the advantage heading into the 2nd leg as they have that vital away goal. We have it all to do in the 2nd leg now!

--

torino.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (S.Berardi), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch (Ricci), D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean

Disappointing. We draw another match and while it extends our long unbeaten run however this is definitely a case of 2pts being dropped. Some of my players are tiring just now due to the games coming every 3 days or so.

--

UEFA Europa League 2nd Round 2nd Leg
2-0.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Gundersen, Ricci*, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

WONDERFUL!!!!

I was missing my first choice CMs for this game but it was their replacements who scored the goals. Ricci crashed in an effort from 30 yards which set us on our way and then late on Gundersen hit a shot from 20 yards that went in off the crossbar. A magnificent result.

--

milan.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos* (S.Berardi), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Gundersen (Di Matteo), Ricci, D.Berardi, Vignato (Kjaergard), Rony Lopes, Kean

Once again we were magnificent. We came out of the blocks on fire with 2 goals in the opening 5min and when Rony Lopes volleyed in a 3rd after half-time it was all over. I even managed to hand out 2 debuts to 2 youngsters as our legs got tired.

--

SUMMARY

This month was tough fixture wise but on the whole we emerged unscathed and should be proud of our work. In the league we edged out Sampdoria before coming back to draw against Roma in a huge match before disappointingly drawing with Torino however we bounced back to thump AC Milan 3-1 and while we have relinquished top spot we still have a crucial game in hand.

In the Europa League we did brilliantly to overcome Valencia. After drawing 1-1 at home we scored 2 goals from outside the area from 2 of my backup midfielders (Ricci and Gundersen) to defeat them in their own patch and we have been rewarded with a tie against Atalanta in the quarter-finals which is decent enough.

The youth intake was pretty average but I did get a decent looking young keeper in it.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DOMENICO BERARDI
BERARDI.png

--

SERIE A
march.png

1632809555404.png

APRIL

verona.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (S.Berardi), Vanheusden, Rugani (Garcia), Jorge (Chirio), Ceballos, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean*

Defensively we were poor here but offensively we were right at it as our 4 goals scored show. Domenico Berardi has scored in each of our last 5 league games now and individually his last 6 league games netting 8 in the process.

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
atalanta.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos*, Vanheusden, Rugani (Garcia), Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch (Ricci), D.Berardi, Camara (Rony Lopes), Vignato, Kean

We have one foot in the semi-finals after this result as we put 4 past Atalanta. Sure they have an away goal but I am confident that we can see the game through and I may even play my backups in the 2nd leg.

--

parma.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi, Vanheusden, Rugani (Garcia), Jorge, Ceballos*, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato (Conceicao), Kean

Our first half performance blew Parma away here as we rifled in 3 goals in just over half an hour. To make things even better Roma lost 3-0 to Juventus so we are level top with 2 games in hand!!!

--

UEFA Europa League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
0-1.png

Lineup
- Audero, S.Berardi, Garcia, Rugani, Dimarco (Chirio), Gundersen (Di Matteo), Ricci, Rony Lopes, Wenig, Conceicao, Palinek (Gutierrez)

I took a chance and played my backups here and while the risk paid off despite us losing we were very fortunate to get through as they hit the woodwork several times and missed a hatful of chances.

--

bologna.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani (Garcia), Jorge, Ceballos (Ricci), Gravenberch, D.Berardi*, Camara (Wenig), Vignato, Kean

If we keep on winning nobody can catch us. We win here and were dominating the game but they scored with their only shots on target which kept us honest. Roma lost too!!!!! Moise Kean scored her 30th goal of the season here.

--

udinese.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos*, Ricci, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean (Palinek)

One of my failings this season has been the lack of minutes for Palinek and Gutierrez and Palinek came off the bench to score twice to win us the match to remind me he is a decent young player who needs more minutes!

--

fiorentina.png

LIneup - Audero, Adjapong (S.Berardi), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos*, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Wenig (Ricci), Rony Lopes (Palinek), Kean

LUKAS PALINEK!!!!!!

My young Czech striker came off the bench to score a stoppage time winner and send us a step closer to winning the title. This win secures our place in next seasons Champions League and I have been given an initial budget of £54m.........

--

SUMMARY

Another top top month which sees us on the brink of a league title. In the league we won all 5 matches and all 5 in different ways whether it was blowing away teams early on or getting late winners. It means that we are 7pts clear with 2 games in hand so one hand is on the title. However take a look out our fixture list for next month........
fixtures.png

Jeez Louise!!!!!!!!!!

We also progressed in the Europa League as we thumped Atalanta 4-1 and although we lost the 2nd leg when I played my backups we got through to the semis and as you can see above we will play Bayer Leverkusen in the semis.

Could we win a treble next month? Time will tell!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DANI CEBALLOS
CEBALLOS.png

--

SERIE A
april.png

1632846399616.png

MAY

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 1st Leg
leverkusen.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch (Ricci), D.Berardi, Camara (Wenig), Rony Lopes, Kean (Palinek)

Lukas Palinek is at it again!!! He came off the bench to score the winner in this entertaining game as we edge Leverkusen out in a 5 goal thriller. We hit the woodwork a few times also so it could have been more but we have something to hold onto for the 2nd leg.

--

genoa.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong, Vanheusden (Garcia), Rugani, Jorge (Chirio), Gundersen, Camara, D.Berardi, Wenig, Rony Lopes (Palinek), Kean

7 wins in a row now in the league as we make another step towards the title and because Roma drew we are now 9pts clear with 5 games to play but we have 2 games in hand still. We are 1pt away from the title by my calculations!!!!!

--

juve.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong (S.Berardi), Garcia, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch (Gundersen), Rony Lopes, Wenig, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

After 26 Serie A games unbeaten we finally succumb to a defeat as we lose out to Juventus here. It was a tight match and we missed a few chances but we still have 4 games to find that magical point.

--

UEFA Europa League Semi-Final 2nd Leg
bayer.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Garcia, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Gundersen (Cenic), Di Matteo, D.Berardi, Vignato, Conceicao, Kean

We reach the Europa League final on away goals as we go through on away goals despite losing a 7 goal thriller. Moise Kean scored a superb hat-trick for us and to get this result with 16y/o Emanuele Di Matteo in the side and 17y/o Pierre Garcia shows how big a result this is. Chelsea await us in the final.

Mateos got injured and will miss the rest of the season unfortunately.

--

lazio.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi, Garcia, Rugani, Dimarco, Gundersen (Cenic), Di Matteo, Rony Lopes (Kjaergard), Wenig, Conceicao, Kean (Gutierrez)

With the Coppa Italia just days away I decided to put out a weakened side here and hoped for the best and it didnt work out at all as we fall to our 2nd defeat in a row in the league. We were outclassed tbh.

--

Coppa Italia Final
inte.png

Lineup
- Audero, Adjapong, Vanheusden, Rugani, Dimarco (Chirio), Ceballos*, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean (Palinek)

WE WIN THE COPPA ITALIA!!!!!!!!!

The clubs first major trophy is secured as we defeat Inter Milan. Adjapong and Gravenberch scored first half goals to put us in a comfortable position and it could have been better but Domenico Berardi had a penalty saved. They pulled a goal back with 10min to go and had a chance or two to equalise but we managed to hold on to win the cup.

--

champions.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Chirio), Ceballos (Wenig), Gundersen, D.Berardi, Camara*, Vignato, Kean (Gutierrez)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

What a way to win our first ever Serie A title!!!!

We were superb and to smash 4 goals past Juventus is some achievement. We surged into a 2 goal lead and although they pulled a goal back we responded with 2 quick goals of our own as we win the title in the best possible style.

--

benevento.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi, Garcia, Viti (Zanaboni), Dimarco, Gundersen, Di Matteo (Cenic), Rony Lopes*, Wenig, Conceicao, Palinek (Gutierrez)

I am resting my players for the Europa League final so I am pleased that my backups managed to come out with a victory. Rony Lopes has been an unsung hero this season and scored his 11th of the season and Wenig managed to open his account for the club late on to seal the victory.

--

0-2.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi, Garcia, Viti, Dimarco, Gundersen (Cenic), Ricci, Rony Lopes, Wenig, Conceicao (Manzoni), Palinek (Gutierrez)

Meh. Final day of the season, away to Inter Milan and I fielded my backups - an expected defeat. Roma may be ****** of though as Inter winning meant they claimed 2nd spot as Roma lost.

--

UEFA Europa League FInal
chelsea.png

Lineup
- Audero*, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

WE WIN THE EUROPA LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!

What a match!!!!

We took an early lead through Vignato but they immediately levelled through Lukaku and when Pulisic put them 2-1 up on 43min I feared that we might crumble but not at all as we levelled in first half stoppage time when Ronaldo Camara levelled from a tight angle after rounding the keeper. They pressed forward but Audero kept them out and we got the winner when Palinek scored with a looping header to secure the treble for us.

--

SUMMARY

I dont think I have had such an action packed month with so many tough fixtures and also important ones. We secured the league title by thumping Juventus 4-1 coming after we lost 2 games on the bounce but after beating Genoa we had 5 games to earn 1pt to claim the title and we did so in the finest style by thrashing Juventus. We saw out the league campaign by beating Benevento and losing to Inter Milan.

Heading into the month we kinda new the league title was won but we were also in 2 cup competitions. We won the Coppa Italia by beating Inter Milan 2-1 which was a fine achievement.

However I am more proud of our efforts in the Europa League as we edged out Bayer Leverkusen in the semis on away goals after a 6-6 aggregate score which was crazy and then in the final we managed to defeat Chelsea 3-2 in a topsy turvy match with Palinek scoring the winner with a fine headed goal.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RONALDO CAMARA
camara.png

--

SERIE A
MAY.png

1632927072174.png

END OF SEASON POST

What a ******* season that was!!!! Not only did we win the clubs first major trophy but we won a treble!!!!! We won the Serie A title by 8pts, won the Coppa Italia and after getting knocked out of the Champions League we went on to win the UEFA Europa League!!!! Incredible.

In the league we were unbeaten in our first 6 games before we lost to Roma but then went on an unbelievable run of 26 games unbeaten which included win streaks of 15 and 7 games. The fixture list was kind in those games but we played some great football and we had 5 games to earn 1pt to claim the title and after losing to Juventus and Lazio we won the title by thumping Juventus 4-1 which was such a special way to do it.

In the Coppa Italia it certainly wasnt easy as we beat Lazio 4-2, edged out Roma on away goals in the semis and then in the final we defeated Inter Milan 2-1 thanks to goals from Adjapong and Gravenberch.

In the Champions League we had a nightmare group alongside PSG and Real Madrid so it came as no surprise that we finished 3rd which sent us into the Europa League. There we knocked out Nice 6-2 on aggregate before knocking out Valencia 3-1 thanks to a 2-0 away win. Atalanta were thumped 4-1 in the first leg of the quarter-finals which pretty much sent us through and in the semis we played out 2 thrilling games against Bayer Leverkusen but it was us who progressed on away goals as we lost 4-3 away.

Then in the final we played Chelsea. We took the lead from Vignato but then fell behind however Lukas Palinek scored with a looping header which sent us crazy and claimed the cup.

All in all an unbelievable season!!!!!

--

SERIE A
TABLE.png

--

SQUAD

SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

Goalkeepers
- I had a busy summer and brought in 2 keepers but Emil Audero was the only one that played as he started all 58 matches. He kept 19 clean sheets but at one point in the league he kept 12 clean sheets out of 14 games so he was unbeatable at one time and then he was a bit easier to beat!

Defenders - I had in mind playing Dimarco at LB and Adjapong at RB and although they started the season they werent performing to any acceptable standard so the youngsters Jorge and Mateos came in and they were immense so kept their place in the side. Both chipped in with a couple of goals and got plenty of assists and they were a revelation tbh. I also have a couple of top prospects in each position too in the shape of Chirio and Simone Berardi.

In the centre of defence Zinho Vanheusden and Daniele Rugani continued their fruitful partnership and although neither scored which was a disappointment but overall they did well. They only missed 12 games between them which shows how consistent they were and also points to why my backup CBs didnt get much of a run out.

Midfielders - In the summer I brought in a new midfield partnership in the shape of Dani Ceballos and Ryan Gravenberch - both on free transfers amazingly - and they both did well although Gravenberch was **** for the first half of the season and immense in the 2nd half. Samuele Ricci was demoted to a backup role but he had his moment in the sun when he scored a screamer away to Valencia on the night when my other backup CM, Kjetil Gundersen, scored. 16y/o Emanuele Di Matteo made a few appearances and he is one to look out for.

Ronaldo Camara was moved up to be my new AMC and he did very well scoring 11 and assisting 12 while his backup, Wenig, didnt overly impress. Emanuel Vignato was moved out to the left wing and after a blistering start he faded away but still had a decent enough season and on the RW I brought in Domenico Berardi and he was unbelievable. With 23 goals and 10 assists he more than paid his small transfer fee and he has been rewarded with a new contract.

My backup wingers - Conceicao (again) and Rony Lopes - had contrasting seasons. Conceicao was **** while Rony Lopes was our most underrated player as he scored 11 goals.

Forwards - Moise Kean came in on the cheap from Juventus in the summer and he managed to bang in 36 goals in all competitions and only missed 3 games all season which meant my backups Palinek and Gutierrez barely featured. Palinek did get a bit more game time and scored some vital goals including the now infamous winner against Chelsea in the Europa League final.

My Player of the Year - Domenico Berardi
My Young Player of the Year - Pere Mateos
Must Do Better - Federico Dimarco
Donkey of the Season - Juan Manuel Gutierrez

--

SUMMER PLANS

The Euros will be on but that has nothing to do with me and hardly any of my players will be involved (Gravenberch, Kean and Berardi I think) so we should be well rested for next season. I dont want any loan players next season - bye bye Conceicao finally (he is homegrown by the club now lol) - so with a settled starting XI I will maybe only look to bring in one or two players for the first team and a couple of youngsters.

I have quite a few good youngsters bubbling away in the system such as Chirio, Di Matteo, Simone Berardi to name but 3 so I dont want to block their paths.​

1632940110091.png

PRE-SEASON POST

We have had a fairly quiet pre-season in truth and I havent even spent half my transfer budget on new players however most of it has gone as a group of my players were given new contracts so that ate up a huge chunk of my wage budget. The likes of Berardi, Vignato, Vanheusden, Ricci and Camara have all benefitted from new contracts.

At the time of writing - mid August, the day of the European Super Cup final against Arsenal - we have around £8m left to spend which will probably go on a youngster. I have shelled out £22m and another £7m on a player to come in in January while outgoing I have recouped £12m and quite a few of my players have gone out on loan.

I replaced my director of football with the German Ralph Rangnick so I have certainly upgraded there!!!

--

PLAYERS OUT

Permanently there is not much news. Leonardo Campagna left to join Fiorentina for £3.2m, Fiamozzi's loan deal was made permanent for £2.1m (£2.6m) and a player who was never going to make it with us - Vladislav Kasjanov - joined Spezia for £1.5m which I was chuffed about.

It was the loan deals that are more interesting however. Marcel Wenig (Werder Bremen £1.2m), Igor (Eintracht Frankfurt £1.2m), Burak Ince (FC Porto £1.1m), Pep Monino (Alaves £1m), Juan Manuel Gutierrez (Parma £550,000) and Kjetil Gundersen (Venezia £235,000) are the main ones who have gone out on loan and I truly hope that they kick on and increase their values!!!!

--

PLAYERS IN

I have 4 players to show you out of the 6 that I have signed. Out of the £22m that I have spent £21m went on one player and even though I didnt really need him I had to make an offer for him and that was Sandro Tonali. He joins us from AC Milan and will compete with Ceballos and Gravenberch for a CM spot and while there is not much to choose between them but due to the fact that Tonali is Italian I will start with him.
tonali.png

I spent £1m on a 17y/o Belgian midfielder who looks like a **** hot prospect. It was actually Ralph Rangnick who found him and offered him a trial and I was stunned to find out he would be so cheap to sign. Boonyarit Boonmak is his name (he can play for Thailand) and he came in from Charleroi and while I promised him game time that he wont get he is certainly one to keep an eye out for the future.
boonmak.png

Finally my other 2 signings are two lads from Barcelona and both on free transfers!! Eduardo Aguado is a 19y/o striker who looks like he can develop into a top player and as I write he is negotiating a loan move away for the season to help him develop further. The other player is one who knows the club already as Alex Collado rejoins us having had 2 years on loan previously. He will challenge for all of the midfield positions as he is a natural in all 4 so he will be a valuable member of the first team squad.
aguado.png
collado.png

--

SQUAD - SEASON AIMS

It is much the same for the first team squad. The defense remains the same as does the attack while in midfield Sandro Tonali is the only real change. Collado and Boonmak will be backups but I may look for a young striker if Aguado does go out on loan to act as cover.

For the season having proven that we can win the Serie A title I now must insist that that is the minimum aim each and every season. I am not overly concerned about the Super Cups but I would like to establish ourselves as a side in the Champions League who will constantly reach the latter stages of the competition. Having won the Europa League I am not interested in that anymore.​

1632942029110.png

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

UEFA European Super Cup
arsenal.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong, Vanheusden (Garcia), Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean*

WE WIN THE EUROPEAN SUPER CUP!!!!

And by doing so we completely rob Arsenal as for over 80min they were by far the better side but only had an early goal from Kingsley Coman to show from it so they were made to pay for their profligacy when Vignato equalised with 7min to go and then Moise Kean smashed in the winner in the last minute to send us into raptures.

--

genoa.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong (S.Berardi), Vanheusden*, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

We opened the season as reigning champions and we played like reigning champions such was our supreriority. We scored 3 goals without reply and had 2 goals disallowed so all went well!

--

roma.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani (Garcia), Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

I should be content with this result but we really should have won this match as we were by far the better team and had a late goal from Vignato disallowed. At least Tammy Abraham didnt score against us for a change!

--

inter.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean (Palinek)

Our poor start cost us here as we conceded 2 goals in the first 15min and although we quickly pulled one back through Camara we never really threatened to get an equaliser.

--

UEFA Champions League Group A
man city.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), D.Berardi (Collado), Camara (Dimarco), Vignato, Kean

Jorge's sending off screwed us over here. We did so well to be level with 3min to go and even had a goal disallowed but they scored twice in the last 3min to condemn us to defeat. We certainly havent started the season well!

--

torino.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden (Garcia), Rugani (Viti), Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean*

Now thats much better! We comfortably beat Torino here as we put 4 goals past them. Berardi scored his first goal of the season and Moise Kean scored a fine double before Vignato rounded things off.

--

napoli.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Vignato*, Kean

Napoli came into this game bottom of the table and we piled on the misery here as we comfortably beat them. Vanheusden scored his 2nd goal of the season already which is a surprise considering he didnt score at all last season!

--

parma.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos*, Vanheusden, Rugani (Garcia), Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Vignato, Kean (Esedin)

Vignato scored the only goal of the game here as his fine start to the season continues. Jorge and Gravenberch have been terrible however and that is a worry.

--

SUMMARY

We have had a decent start to the season but also had a mini blip! We kicked off the campaign by fluking a win over Arsenal in the European Super Cup as we came from behind to score 2 late goals to win the trophy. We then kicked off our league campaign with a fine 3-0 win over Genoa and then the blip came as we drew at home to Roma when we should have won, lost to Inter Milan and lost to Man City in the Champions League.

Thankfully we responded by winning our next 3 games so we are in good shape truth be told.

In the Champions League as you know we have Man City in the group but we will also play Hertha Berlin and FC Kobenhavn so I feel that we have a decent chance of progressing into the next round.
1633016342765.png
1633016363474.png
1633016382670.png
1633016416437.png

As for the close of the transfer window I did loan out my young Spanish striker Aguado but I then made the move to bring in Diego Esedin from Boca Juniors for £8m. The Argentinian wonderkid has some standout attributes and while he will be my 3rd choice striker he certainly has a bright future in the game.
besedin.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EMANUEL VIGNATO
vignato.png

--

SERIE A
sep.png

1633017258268.png

OCTOBER

kobenhavn.png

Lineup
- Audero, Adjapong, Vanheusden, Rugani, Dimarco, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Collado), Camara (Ceballos), Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean*

The 2 late goals we scored merited the scoreline of our play that was on display throughout the match as we dominated completely and had an early goal disallowed but somehow at half-time the tie was goalless but thankfully we found our scoring boots in the 2nd half.

--

brescia.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Garcia (Viti), Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch*, D.Berardi, Collado, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean

We were amazing here and raced out of the blocks by scoring 3 goals in the first 12min and we ended up with 5 goals with some surprising goalscorers. Rugani opened the scoring with a rare goal, Jorge popped up with the 4th and Sandro Tonali opened his account for the club with a stunning 30 yard effort!

--

bologna.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Collado), Camara (Rony Lopes), Vignato*, Kean (Palinek)

Vignato's late strike won us the game here thankfully as we should never have been level but a defensive lapse allowed them to equalise early in the 2nd half.

--

hertha.png

Lineup
- Audero, Adjapong, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali (Ceballos), Gravenberch (Collado), D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean*

I am delighted with this result as we scored 3 goals in the last 4min plus stoppage time to get a crucial victory. The game seem destined to end in a draw but Camara put us ahead with a powerful strike from 20 yards and then Moise Kean pounced with 2 goals of his own.

--

lecce.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos*, Garcia, Rugani, Adjapong, Tonali, Gravenberch, Collado, Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean

We bang in another 5 goals here but I am more annoyed that we conceded a goal by a player who I signed in the summer and then loaned him out to Lecce. Never mind. I was without a left back here so Claud Adjapong had to be a makeshift one.

--

samp.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Chirio (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch (Ricci), D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean*

We took a while to get going here but in the end I needn't have worried as we ran out 3-0 winners. Chirio came in for a rare start - he is in my U20s squad and needs more first team involvement.

--

SUMMARY

We played 6 games this month and got 6 wins so I am naturally delighted. In the league we are 2pts clear, have the best scoring record and the 2nd best defensive record so everything is looking good however we have a really tough month coming up fixture wise so things can easily change as we will play Lazio, AC Milan and Juventus!

In the Champions League we won both games 3-0 but relied on late goals in both games to make it comprehensive so we are looking good at the moment and I would like to think that we will qualify for the knockout stages for the 2nd time.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOISE KEAN
KEAN.png

--

SERIE A
OCT.png

1633156251539.png

NOVEMBER

lazio.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge*, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

Lazio have had a very poor start to the season and we beat them here to make it 8 wins in a row in the league. Vignato and Berardi struck in the first half and we saw the game out without any fuss.

--

hertha.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong, Garcia, Rugani, Dimarco*, Tonali (Collado), Ceballos (Ricci), D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato, Kean

This victory secures our place in the knockout stages. I had to rest a few players here but the fellas that came in did ok although Dani Ceballos went off injured.

--

milan.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ricci, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato, Kean (Esedin)

Our win streak in the league is over as we fall to defeat here against AC Milan. We were absolutely terrible and they could have scored 4 or 5 such were their chances.

--

juven.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Dimarco, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ricci), D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

Having lost our last match the heat was on us not to lose another and we didnt but we didnt win either. We were the better side but we couldnt kill Juventus off with a 2nd goal and we were made to pay for it.

--

man city.png

Lineup
- Audero, Adjapong, Garcia, Rugani (Viti), Dimarco, Tonali (Ricci), Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato, Kean

Dont be fooled by the narow scoreline - they thrashed us here and should have scored 6 or 7. Haaland was unplayable and he could have had 4 or 5 himself plus they also had a goal disallowed.

--

SUMMARY

This was a tough month in which we struggled quite badly. The fixtures were very tough and that combined with my players struggling to be 100% match fit and some picking up injuries meant we werent at our best out on the field. In the league we beat Lazio, lost to Milan and drew with Juventus which was just about acceptable and in Europe we beat Hertha Berlin but were comfortably beaten by Man City.

December brings easier fixtures but a lot of them so I am just hoping we can get to the winter break still in a strong position.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EMANUEL VIGNATO
vignato.png

--

SERIE A
nov.png

1633251412201.png

DECEMBER

fiorentina.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos*, Vanheusden, Rugani, Dimarco, Tonali (Ceballos), Gravenberch (Boonmak), D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato, Kean

Given our poor recent form this is a fantastic result as away wins over Fiorentina are usualy hard to come by. Camara put us in front and Kean netted twice although they did pull a goal back in between. Mateos got 2 assists and was the star of the show.

--

venezia.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Dimarco*, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Vignato, Kean (Esedin)

Venezia didnt have a shot on goal in this match - well they did and it went in but it was offside lol - so we were always going to come out on top. Vignato opened the scoring with a fine effort and Berardi converted a late penalty.

--

verona.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong (S.Berardi), Garcia, Rugani, Dimarco, Ricci, Gravenberch (Boonmak), Collado*, Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Palinek

As you can see by my starting lineup I was forced to rest several players for this game but my backups that came in did a fine job as Palinek headed us in front and Alex Collado scored his first 2 goals of the season. Another clean sheet too!

--

UEFA CHampions League Group A
fck.png

Lineup
- Audero, Adjapong (S.Berardi), Garcia, Viti, Dimarco, Ceballos (Boonmak), Ricci, Collado, Vignato (Esedin), Rony Lopes, Palinek*

We wrap up the group stage with my backups getting a victory. Palinek scored two quick goals to win it for us and it was nice to give my backups a rare start.

--

frosinone.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong, Garcia, Viti (S.Berardi), Dimarco, Ceballos (Di Matteo), Ricci (Boonmak), Collado, Camara, Vignato, Palinek*

Palinek scores another double as we get another win and another clean sheet.

--

ATALANTA.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Vignato (Kean), Palinek*

WHAT A THRILLING GAME THIS WAS!!!!

We edge out Atalanta here in a 7 goal thriller. We started poorly and were a goal down when Domenico Berardi turned the game around with a 30 yard free-kick followed up by a 40 yard long range effort. Then it all went wrong in the 2nd half as we fell 3-2 behind but Lukas Palienk quickly levelled after taking advantage of a poor passback.

Both sides then went for it and we thought we had won it when Palinek scored in the last minute but it was ruled out for offside but he wasnt to be denied in the 4th minute of stoppage time when he headed in the winner.

-

SUMMARY

We had 6 games this month and won all 6 so I am obviously pretty happy especially when you consider that I had to play my backups regularly. Lukas Palinek certainly took his chance in the first team as he scored 7 goals this month with a brace in each of his last 3 games. We end the year 5pts clear at the top of the league so it is now down to us to see the job over the line in the 2nd half of the season.

In the Champions League we finished 2nd in our group which I am delighted with in hindsight as we have been drawn against Shakhtar Donetsk in the next round! Man City won the group and got Borussia Dortmund so I am well chuffed with that.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
LUKAS PALINEK
palinek.png

--

SERIE A
dec.png

1633374444151.png

JANUARY

CAGLIARI.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Garcia, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Palinek (Kean)

This is a very disappointing result. They took the lead in the 3rd minute with a wonder strike from 35 yards and we just couldnt level until in stoppage time when Jorge was brought down in the box to give us a penalty which Rony Lopes thankfully tucked away.

--

genoa.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Garcia (Caterino), Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali*, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Palinek (Esedin)

Despite the win we made a meal of this match. Sandro Tonali broke the deadlock with a stunning 30 yard strike and shortly afterwards Vignato killed the game off with a 2nd. Caterino came off the bench to make his debut herel

--

Coppa Italia 1st Round
samp.png

Lineup - Audero*, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Collado, Vignato, Palinek

We progress into the next round with victory here. Palinek had a goal disallowed shortly before we scored twice in 4min. Rony Lopes came off the bench and his first touch was to tuck a penalty away and Palinek notched the 2nd.

--

Supercoppa
scoppa.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden (Caterino), Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Collado (Esedin), Vignato, Palinek

The Supercoppa is ours!!!! During the 90min it seemed as though it was a personal battle between our own Lukas Palinek and their Dusan Vlahovic as they both scored twice but we got the winner in extra-time when Vignato struck and they couldnt find an equaliser.

--

roma.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ceballos), D.Berardi, Collado, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Palinek (Kean)

We didnt deserve to lose this match as there was nothing in it but they got the goal and we didnt despite missing a few chances. We now drop down to 2nd place and have league leaders Inter Milan next up.

--

inter.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Garcia (Caterino), Jorge, Tonali (Ricci), Gravenberch*, D.Berardi, Collado, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

What a win this is!!!! With Inter above us in the league due to them beating us earlier this season it was vital that we didnt lose this game and we didnt as we picked up a crucial victory. Vignato, Gravenberch and Berardi scored our goals and while they were always in the game we controlled the play pretty well.

--

Coppa Italia Quarter-Final
qf.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Garcia, Dimarco, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Collado, Vignato, Palinek (Esedin)

We progress into the semis with a hard fought victory here. I rested a couple of players and in the end one of them scored the deciding goal as Dimarco fired in a free-kick. Esedin scored his first goal for the club which should give him a confidence boost.

--

SUMMARY

January in Italy is always a hectic month and this one was no different.We squeezed in 7 matches and also had business to do in the transfer window so I was fairly busy! On the pitch everything is going well. Sure we drew with Cagliari and lost to Roma but we won our other matches and also defeated Inter Milan 3-2 so we end the month top of the league.

We also beat Inter 3-2 in the Supercoppa to win that competition for the first time and in the Coppa Italia we will play Inter in the 2 legged semis having knocked out Sampdoria and Cagliari.

Regarding the transfer window I brought in 3 players but only 1 can play as I bought 2 non EU players. The one that can play and already has is Alfredo Caterino as he came in from San Lorenzo of Argentina for £6.75m. The deal was arranged in August but he couldnt move until he turned 18 and he is a top prospect who replaces Viti in the squad as I have loaned him out until the end of the season. Caterino has an Italian passport so that is why I am able to play him.
caterino.png

I took the plunge to sign 2 non EU players despite not being able to sign them as the deals were too good to turn down. Reinaldo came in on a free and I had planned to loan him out but he rejected all the loan moves so he will have a spell in the reserves if he can play there.
reinaldo.png

Dimitrije Tadic however is a different story. I cannot play him in the league but he will play in Europe if I can register him. The 19y/o RB looks to be a future world star and I brought him in from Partizan Belgrade for £6m. I have to find a way to register him in the league next season!!!
tadic.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
SANDRO TONALI
tonali.png

--

SERIE A
jan.png

1633461958318.png

FEBRUARY

torino.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali (Boonmak), Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Collado (Ricci), Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean*

After getting a very fortunate opening goal when the ball came off the post and off their keepers head and into the goal we sealed the win in the 2nd half thanks to 2 Moise Kean goals. Kean had been out of the side for a while recently so this is a big moment for him.

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 1st Leg
inter.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch (Camara), D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Collado, Vignato, Kean (Palinek*)

We fell behind very early on here and for more than a hour looked hapless so I made a triple substitution and it paid off as Lukas Palinek came off the bench to strike twice to give us a first leg advantage.

--

napoli.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara (Collado), Vignato, Kean*

Kean scores another double as we get a fantastic victory here. His first goal was a stunning first time volley and I missed the 2nd goal because I was making my subs lol.

--

Coppa Italia Semi-Final 2nd leg
3-2.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Garcia, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali*, Gravenberch (Ceballos), D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato, Kean

A great result as we reach the Coppa Italia final!!! Sandro Tonali was superb as he set-up all 3 of our goals and Moise Kean scored yet another double and also had a goal disallowed. So proud of my players.

--

parma.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos (Ricci), Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato*, Kean (Palinek)

This was a thrilling match which was thankfully won by Ricci's late strike. We were dominant throughout but at one point they had scored 3 goals from 3 shots and with the 3rd being from a player that I loaned to them I was extremely ****** off but thankfully Ricci stepped up to the plate to win us the match.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 1st Leg
shakhtar.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden (Garcia), Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Ceballos, D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Rony Lopes, Kean (Palinek)

This was actually one of our best performances of the season. We won 3-1, had 27 shots, 19 on target and their keeper got the MOM award despite being on the end of a hiding. Their away goal shouldnt be a worry so I am delighted with our days work.

--

brescia.png

Lineup - Audero, Adjapong (S.Berardi), Vanheusden (Caterino), Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi*, Camara (Esedin), Vignato, Kean

Brescia are rock bottom of the league so we won as expected here.

--

SUMMARY

7 games and 7 wins - I have got to be delighted with that!!! In the league we are 3pts clear and looking good and as I have said we really just need to see the job through.

It was our efforts in the Coppa Italia that impressed me the most as we beat Inter Milan home and away to set up a final tie against Fiorentina. Beating them at home was one thing but to go to their place and score 3 past them is certainly an achievement. We were playing some quality football this month and even my subs or backups came in and made an impact so I am obviously a happy manager.

In the Champions League we played Shakhtar Donetsk off the park and won the first leg 3-1 but it could have been 10-1. We were so dominant and I expect us to be in the quarter-finals next month.

The youth intake is next month and while I am not expecting a golden generation I am expecting a decent player or two.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
MOISE KEAN

kean.png

--

SERIE A
FEB.png

1633530553632.png

MARCH

bologna.png

Lineup
- Audero, Adjapong, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali (Boonmak), Gravenberch (Ceballos), D.Berardi, Camara*, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

My 4 attacking players all got a goal here as we hit Bologna for 4 goals. We are on top form at the minute so lets hope that it continues!

--

lecce.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden*, Garcia, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato (Esedin), Kean

We scored another 4 goals here but it really should have been more. Berardi hit the post with a penalty and we had 2 goals disallowed!!!! Vanheusden rarely scores but got a brace here while the goal of the game was from Mateos as he scored with a rocket shot from the corner of the 18 yard box.

--

UEFA Champions League 1st Round 2nd Leg
3-3.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Vignato, Kean

We reach the quarter-finals for the first time as we play out an entertaining draw against Shakhtar as we share 6 goals. I am naturally disappointed that we didnt win having been 3-1 up but hey ho.

--

samp.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge*, Ceballos, Gravenberch (Ricci), D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato (Palinek), Kean

We were off the pace for this match and struggled badly but thankfully got the win thanks to a long range effort from Ronaldo Camara. Luck was on our side immediately afterwards as they had an equaliser disallowed.

--

lazio.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge*, Tonali, Gravenberch, Collado (Rony Lopes), Camara, Vignato (Palinek), Kean

Lazio are having a shocking season and are on the fringes of the relegation zone and we piled on the misery here as we won easily enough. Kean put us in front early on and Jorge sealed things with a rare goal.

--

SUMMARY

We had another very strong month as we won all our league games and also progressed in the Champions League. Domestically we put 4 past Bologna and Lecce before edging out Lazio and Sampdoria which sees us top the league by 7pts which is pretty good but we have a few tough fixtures upcoming.

In the Champions League we drew Shakhtar 3-3 to complete a 6-4 aggregate victory and we have been rewarded with a tough tie against Man City in the quarter-finals. They beat us twice in the group stages earlier this season so it will be a tough ask.

As for the youth intake it was decent enough. There were one or two decent players signed up but no world beaters.

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RONALDO CAMARA
camara.png

--

SERIE A
MAR.png

1633537842883.png

APRIL

milan.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani (Caterino), Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato, Kean*

A superb result. We blew AC Milan away in the first half as we were 3up within the first half hour. Kean scored a hat-trick as he bypassed the 30 goal mark for the season while Vignato (his 20th of the season!) and Collado scored the other 2. Very impressive and we have now won our last 10 league matches.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 1st Leg
man city.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali (Ricci), Ceballos, D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato (Collado), Kean

Heart-breaking!!!!! We were so close to pulling off a great result but we conceded in stoppage time to lose the match but we have an away goal and only need a 1-0 win to progress but that is easy to say and much more difficult to do! Kean annoyingly had a goal disallowed while the score was at 1-1.

--

juve.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Garcia, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali (Ceballos), Gravenberch, D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean

Our winning streak is over as Juventus beat us and deservedly so. We were very poor and nobody got pass marks tbh.

--

UEFA Champions League Quarter-Final 2nd Leg
2-2.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Garcia, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch (Ricci), D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Vignato, Kean

We gave it a good go here and got a decent result but it counts for nothing as we go out of the competition. Man City is the level we need to get to!

--

fiorentina.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Garcia, Rugani, Jorge (Dimarco), Ceballos, Ricci, D.Berardi, Camara (Esedin), Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

2pts dropped here as we dominated the match throughout but were defensively weak. Sure we came back from 2-0 down but we should never have been in that situation but I suppose I should be happy that we did bounce back. This point secures our place in next seasons Champions League and I have been given a transfer budget of just £22.5m for next season.

--

Coppa Italia Final
final.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Garcia, Rugani (Vanheusden), Dimarco, Ceballos, Gravenberch*, D.Berardi (Rony Lopes), Camara (Collado), Vignato, Kean

We retain the Coppa Italia by beating our rivals Fiorentina. Moise Kean put us in front early on and then in the 2nd half Dimarco scored with a fine finish to put us firmly in control but they pulled a goal back late on to make us have a nervy finish but we got the job done!

--

venezia.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (S.Berardi), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Tonali*, Gravenberch (Boonmak), D.Berardi, Camara, Vignato, Kean (Palinek)

The title race is going right down to the wire so it was imperative that we got all 3pts here and we duly did. Domenico Berardi scored twice to put us 2up and although my former player, Carles Perez, pulled a goal back Boonyarit Boonmak headed in a 3rd to get his 1st goal for the club.

--

SUMMARY

This month was very tough! In the league we started brilliantly by thumping AC Milan 5-2 but we followed that up by losing to Juventus and drawing with Fiorentina and although we did beat Venezia we are deep in a title race. With 4 games to play we are 2pts clear of Inter Milan and 4pts clear of Juventus but we do have a favourable fixture list so we have to get the job over the line.

In the Champions League we crashed out to Man City. We were outplayed in both legs and got a respectable 3-4 scoreline but I look at the level of their players and how we struggled to contain them and I know we are a long way off.

We did win the Coppa Italia by beating Fiorentina to retain the trophy after a 2-1 win so that was the highlight of the month and it is our 3rd trophy of the season already. Lets hope there is a 4th!!!!!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
RYAN GRAVENBERCH
GRAVEN.png

--

SERIE A
april.png

1633548697274.png

MAY

verona.png

Lineup
- Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani (Garcia), Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, D.Berardi*, Camara, Vignato (Rony Lopes), Kean (Esedin)

If we keep winning they cant catch us!!! Berardi scored another double but he missed a late penalty to deny him his hat-trick unfortunately.

--

frosinone.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch (Boonmak*), Collado, Camara (Esedin), Vignato, Kean

Very nice. We were pretty unconvincing until the final few minutes when we turned a boring 1-0 win into a convincing 4-0 victory. Boonmak came off the bench to score 2 long range worldies and Alex Collado also scored with a free-kick as we had a goal of the season competition in the final 11min!!! This result all but relegates Frosinone.

--

atalanta.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos (Adjapong), Vanheusden, Rugani, Jorge*, Ceballos, Gravenberch (Boonmak), D.Berardi (Collado), Camara, Vignato, Kean

Inter played before us and won so we went into this match 2nd in the table so we showed great character to come through and win the game. Ceballos scored the decisive goal with a stunning 30 yard strike. It all goes down to the final game - we have Cagliari and Inter play Roma.

--

cagliari.png

Lineup - Audero, Mateos, Vanheusden, Rugani (Garcia), Jorge, Ceballos, Gravenberch, D.Berardi, Camara (Collado), Vignato*, Kean (Esedin)

CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

We went into this game knowing a win would secure the title and we went out and put on our best performance of the season as we smashed 6 goals past Cagliari. Kean and Berardi had us 2up early on while Jorge and Vignato made it 4 before half-time so the 2nd half was a party. Vignato scored another with a stunning strike and Esedin came off the bench to wrap things up.

Fantastic!!!!

--

SUMMARY

We end the season as champions of Italy!!!!

We headed into the month with a direct shoot-out against Inter and in the end neither of us blinked so we secured the title by thrashing Cagliari 6-0 away on the last day of the season to win the league by 2pts. It was a terrific performance and I couldnt have wished for a better way to seal the title.

I now go into the pre-season with plans in mind to upgrade the squad. I have a few deals arranged but my spending will depend on who I can get out the door!

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
DOMENICO BERARDI
berardi.png

--

SERIE A
may.png

1633614849042.png

END OF SEASON POST

I usually do an in depth end of season post but tbh I am finding it tiring so it will just be minimal!!!! That and I am glued to Sky Sports News for the impending takeover at my beloved Newcastle lol.

Anywho we retained the Serie A title and the Coppa Italia while also adding the Supercoppa and the European Super Cup!!! It was a fantastic season and we performed so well. We also reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League for the first team so there was an improvement there. We have built the club now to be a top side in Italy and now we have to progress ourselves to being one of the top clubs in the world.

--

SERIE A

TABLE.png

--

FIRST TEAM SQUAD
SQUAD.png
SQUAD2.png

There were a few standout performers. Moise Kean was in prolific form up front, Vanheusden was a rock at the back but the 3 players who I really have to give praise to are Gravenberch and Tonali for their midfield play as between them they assisted 40 goals. Also Emanuel Vignato who shone on the left wing as he netted 23 goals and assisted 13 in a standout season. He was immense.

Domenico Berardi also scored over 20 goals so that is worth a mention too.

--

My Player of the Season - Emanuel Vignato
My Young Player of the Season - Jorge
Must Do Better - Alex Collado
Donkey of the Season - Samuele Ricci

--

SUMMER PLANS

I have pre-arranged a few deals which will see us blowing our wage budget however I am planning to majorly overhaul my squad at the same time so I think you should expect us to bring in several players but let far more go and for big money hopefully. Also I will be looking to loan out many players for fees. We need to jump up from a top Italian side to a top 5 side in the world which can compete for the Champions League.

--

1633632920184.png

In other news...............

The Newcastle takeover is completed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I know I have many people who have followed my stories of the years so they can only imagine how I feel about the news tonight.

More beer please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1633709334426.png

PRE-SEASON POST

I have had a very busy summer and I have revolutionised my squad but maybe not how you would think! I started with around £30m to spend and so far I have bought 6 players for the first team for just £12.75m and I am not done yet as on the day of writing this we are on the game date for the first game of the season. What will surprise you however is that I have recouped an astonishing £170m by selling 10 players and loaning out 20!!!!!!!

So currently we have a bank balance of £180m and our club record transfer fee that we have paid is £21m. I have over £100m to spend but I am going to keep my powder dry although as I said there is more business to do.........

One thing I am slightly disappointed about was the fact that I sold 4 of my Italian players in the first team squad and only brought one in however I do have 2 players who can turn Italian! lol

So here are the deals..........

--

PLAYERS OUT

Roma dished out my top two fees incoming as they paid £34m for Dani Ceballos and £31m for Daniele Rugani. Ceballos had 2 seasons with us (74apps, 8gls) while Rugani's 2nd spell lasted 3 seasons (147apps, 4gls) and his departure means that we lost a home grown player by the club but we have some top quality youngsters coming through so that isnt a problem anymore.

FC Porto also took 2 players off us as they gave us £21.5m for Marcel Wenig which is a decent bit of business plus they also took Burak Ince back on loan for £1.3m.

AC Milan is the next side who took 2 players. Brazilian wonderkid Igor has joined them for £16m and Mattia Viti (another home grown by club player) joined them for £13m.

Next up to take a couple of players off us is Sevilla as they loaned Diego Esedin and Boonyarit Boonmak for £1.325m in total and I hope they get some regular game time as they are 2 of our top prospects. Verona were loaned Aguado and Juliansyah (both wonderkids) while Atalanta bought Rony Lopes for £14.5m and loaned Alex Collado.

Claud Adjapong is on his way to Osasuna as he left for £20m. He is a decent player but I had too many right backs and after 4 seasons he made 124 apps and scored 4 goals for us. Juan Manuel Gutierrez (36 apps, 11 goals) joined Union Berlin for £11.75m while Pep Monino joined Fiorentina for £3.2m and Alessandro Plizzari went to Valencia for £1.2m.

All the rest were loan deals. The most notable was that of Kjetil Gundersen while all the rest were young prospects.

--

PLAYERS IN

Firstly the two players I have paid transfer fees for and both are wonderkids who will be in the first team squad this season although game time may be hard to come by especially for my new backup keeper Ivan Guarracino as I paid £6.5m to bring in the goalkeeper from Racing Club. He will be my backup keeper for a start and will also play in the cups. He is probably level with Audero in abilities so I will give him a bedding in period. Although he is Argentinian he does have an Italian passport.
guarracino.png

£6.25m was given to Udinese for Tiziano Marinello. The 19y/o wonderkid was on my shortlist for a good while and he was somehow transfer listed in the summer for a bargain basement price. I was going to pay £23m for him in January if I could afford him so to snap him up so cheaply is very pleasing. He will be a backup CM but in reality is my 5th choice in that position. I may actually play him at CB tbh.
marinello.png

Now for the free transfers and I have pulled out 2 stonkers!!!!!!

The first is Youri Tielemans. Did I need him? Not at all! I went in for him on a pre-contract deal and he will compete with Tonali and Gravenberch for a first team spot. Gravenberch and Tonali have the shirts for now but if someone has a couple of poor performances he will be straight in. Tbh I had agreed to loan him to Man Utd for £4m but he rejected it. He is a world class midfield player and he certainly improves the squad.
tielemans.png

Our other one is not a stranger as Vinicius Junior has returned to the club from Real Madrid after a loan spell 2 seasons ago. His arrival means I have big questions to answer as Vignato was magnificent last season at LW so do I move him to AMC or RW? Vinicius Junior better hit the ground running especially since he is getting paid £200,000 a week. At the moment Gravenberch is our highest paid player at £225,000 per week.
vj.png

I hadnt signed Francisco Conceicao for about 2mins so I brought him in on a pre-contrac. I may still loan him out as there is an offer in for him but after 4 loan spells he is now a home grown player by the club. He is just a backup player.
conceicao.png

My last signing is a young striker from Bayern Munich. Vincent Edoa is his name and the 20y/o will be my 3rd/4th choice striker but if he doesnt make a name for himself we will certainly make a profit from him.
edoa.png

--

SQUAD - SEASON AIMS

The squad isnt sorted yet - not by a long shot as I want to sign at least 2 new players for the first team squad - however I feel we have a stronger squad just because of the quality of my backup players. Mateos has serious competition from Tadic who I signed in January and is now available for us. Tielemans is certainly an upgrade on Ceballos, Guarracino certainly provides competition for Audero and Vinicius Junior brings questions marks over who to start in my attacking midfield positions.

As for the season - win the league and we will take it from there!!!!​

1633716425772.png

AUGUST - SEPTEMBER

spezia.png

Lineup
- Audero, Tadic (Mateos), Caterino, Garcia, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch (Tielemans), Vignato (D.Berardi), Camara, Vinicius Junior, Kean*

We kick off the season with a win and with quite possibly the youngest back 4 I have ever played as Tadic (19), Caterino & Garcia (18) and Jorge (20) were my defenders. It wasnt a pretty game but we stumbled to victory thanks to a brace from Moise Kean.

--

napoli.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi, Vanheusden, Kana, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch, Vignato, Camara (Elmas), Vinicius Junior, Kean (Palinek)

Gutted!!!! We drop 2pts in stoppage time here and we actually conceded a goal in first half stoppage time so I will be monitoring that trend for sure now! Sandro Tonali scored a 30 yard screamer which could be goal of the season already while I gave debuts to Kana and Elmas. Mateos and Tadic were both injured so my 3rd choice RB, Simone Berardi, got a rare league start.

--

venezia.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi, Vanheusden (Caterino), Kana, Jorge (Dimarco), Tonali, Gravenberch, Vignato (D.Berardi), Elmas, Vinicius Junior, Kean*

A fine away day! We put 4 goals past Venezia and just look at Sandro Tonali scoring twice in two games!!!!

--

UEFA Champions League Group B
monaco.png

Lineup
- Audero, S.Berardi, Vanheusden, Kana, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch (Tielemans), Vignato, Elmas (Ricci), Vinicius Junior (D.Berardi), Kean

Meh. This was a horrible match. We both traded a goal each and despite them having a man sent-off it proved to be to late for us to take advantage of. Monaco's front 3 was Griezmann, Dembele and Neymar!!! I forgot to put Guarracino in goal for this match - doh!

--

bologna.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi (Mateos), Vanheusden, Kana, Jorge*, Tonali, Gravenberch, Vignato (D.Berardi), Elmas, Vinicius Junior, Kean (Palinek)

Our performance belied the scoreline as we could have scored 4 or 5 at least but we struggled to get the win and only got it when Palinek came off the bench to score the only goal of the game to net his first goal of the season.

--

sampdoria.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi (Mateos), Vanheusden, Kana, Jorge, Tonali (Marinello), Gravenberch, Vignato*, Elmas, Vinicius Junior (Camara), Kean

We were terrific here. Sampdoria couldnt deal with us as we smashed 5 goals past them. Vignato scored a hat-trick as he is settling into life at the RW spot while Kean popped in one and Elmas got his first goal for the club.

--

roma.png

Lineup - Audero, S.Berardi (Tadic), Vanheusden, Kana, Jorge, Tonali, Gravenberch, Vignato*, Elmas (Camara), Vinicius Junior, Kean (Palinek)

I am thrilled with this victory as Roma are usually a really tough not to crack. Vignato scored both of our goals and had a first half goal disallowed which denied him a 2nd hat-trick in 2 tames while Tammy Abraham had a 1st half penalty saved.

--

SUMMARY

We had 2 games in August and 5 games in September as we kick off our season and all in all it has gone pretty well! In the league we have won 5 and drew the other but we have put in some standout performances as we put 5 past Sampdoria away and also beat Roma. My young side is still gelling after a busy summer in the transfer window.

There were more deals this month as I brought in 3 more players. Firstly I paid Napoli £25.5m to bring in their Macedonian attacking midfielder Eljif Elmas. He is technically a very gifted player and he will compete for the AMC spot.
elmas.png

My new CB to compete with Pierre Garcia is Marco Kana and we paid Lille £29m to break the Elmas club record fee after just a few days. I have never managed Kana before so look forward to working with him and he should be ideal as a ball playing defender.
kana.png

Finally I spent £3m on Abdelrahman El Shami from Al-Ahly. The 18y/o striker has immediately been loaned out and although I cant register him for a while due to him not being from the EU he looks like a decent prospect.
shami.png

As for the Champions League we drew against Monaco in our opening group game and we will also come up against Arsenal and FC Kobenhavn so I would like to see us qualifying.
1633763349546.png
1633763370492.png
1633763408339.png
1633763430266.png

--

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
EMANUEL VIGNATO
vignato.png

--

SERIE A
SEP.png