Clement Grenier - AMC - Olympique Lyonnais.

• Thread starter Thread starter StuW
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 7K

StuW

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
I have noticed this player many times before, but have never actually signed him. I spotted him whilst playing in 2017, and he has progressed quite brilliantly.

CLEMENT GRENIER

100725152425_21-GRENIER.jpg

Full Name : Clement Grenier
Position : Attack Midfield Centre
Born (Age) : 07/01/1991 (18)
Place of Birth: Lyon, France
Height : 6 ft 2
Weight : 11 st 2 lbs
Nationality : French
Club : Olympique Lyonnais

Screenshot 2009
**Will Upload In Game Screen from start soon.

2017 Screenshot -
View attachment 100854

HOW TO USE
Best Used as an Attacking Midfielder near to the start of the game, but after three/four seasons is an Advanced Playmaker. I have seen him retrained as a Winger, with good effect, although my personal preference would be to use in his natural position.

VERDICT
Definetly one worth signing if you have the cash. May not be great at the start, but with the correct training, will easily replace your ageing AMC, and become a world class AMC.

Has anyone ever signed or used him? If so, how did he turn out for you? Comments Below.

That is how you do a scout report on a player in-game...:P

This is james rodriguez who can be bought for under 4m at the start of the game. I think he is better than grenier and could probably be much better at a better team and better training schedule.

2012 Screenshot
View attachment 100863

Last edited:
This is james rodriguez who can be bought for under 10m at the start of the game. I think he is better than grenier and could probably be much better at a better team and better training schedule.

2012 Screenshot
View attachment 100863

Under £10million?! I signed him for £1.4million right at the start oO)

This is james rodriguez who can be bought for under 10m at the start of the game. I think he is better than grenier and could probably be much better at a better team and better training schedule.

2012 Screenshot
View attachment 100863

Everyone knows about James Rodriguez, and that he costs less than 2m in the first season.

I've noticed him on my A.C Milan save (I'm in 2017) and he looks very good.

He's boss in my save, comparable stats to Gourcuff after five seasons although he is only one-footed. I never signed him as I had other options but he has averaged 7.4-7.8 ratings for Lyon.

i started him regularly first season in my Lyon save. Improved a ton, worth it.

I stick with james rodriguez vote he does it all in midfield as well as takes long shots like a lampard / gerrard

Ironically,I left Juventus to become the manager of Lyon around the same time in your game.

In mine,Clement Grenier is at Tottenham and looks very good from the stats.

i think i just got robbed..........£17.25 million for his services, im Man united btw

I think i'll use this to tell you about my experience: Lyon starts off crammed with youth talent, and the french league really is the best place to develop them; i started young teams every match with experience mixed in- won the title with 10 matches to go.

Grenier is one of the better youths in Lyon. Lamine Gassama is another i HIGHLY recommend at right back, as well as Alexandre Lacazette, a striker who recently gained attention for playing 3 matches in as many days. Maxime Gonalons turns into a great DM (despite the opinions of my staff), and Ishak Belfodil and Yannis Tafer are already well known, as is Pjanic and Lloris.

Seriously, if you've never considered playing a game as lyon and like me you live for the green up arrows on players, your missing out.

i think i just got robbed..........£17.25 million for his services, im Man united btw

That is a good price. You will not regret paying that much:)

I think i'll use this to tell you about my experience: Lyon starts off crammed with youth talent, and the french league really is the best place to develop them; i started young teams every match with experience mixed in- won the title with 10 matches to go.

Grenier is one of the better youths in Lyon. Lamine Gassama is another i HIGHLY recommend at right back, as well as Alexandre Lacazette, a striker who recently gained attention for playing 3 matches in as many days. Maxime Gonalons turns into a great DM (despite the opinions of my staff), and Ishak Belfodil and Yannis Tafer are already well known, as is Pjanic and Lloris.

Seriously, if you've never considered playing a game as lyon and like me you live for the green up arrows on players, your missing out.

Just started a game with Lyon today. Lyon is one of the best sides on the game for youth. It's about the only time I will be able to have a GOOD youth team that is more or less all of the same nationality.
Ones to watch for are -
Loic Abenzoar - DRC, WBR
Alexandre Lacazette - AMR, FC
Jeremy Pied - AM RL
Nicolas Seguin - D RC, WB R
Said Mehamha - DM, MC
Yannis Tafer - ST
Ishak Belfodil - ST
Thimothee Kolodzieczak - D/WB L
Lamine Gassama - D/WB R

The list goes on....

Ironically,I left Juventus to become the manager of Lyon around the same time in your game.

In mine,Clement Grenier is at Tottenham and looks very good from the stats.

Always turns into a French national on saves for me. Never moves from Lyon though:(

(H)
That is a good price. You will not regret paying that much:)

Just started a game with Lyon today. Lyon is one of the best sides on the game for youth. It's about the only time I will be able to have a GOOD youth team that is more or less all of the same nationality.
Ones to watch for are -
Loic Abenzoar - DRC, WBR
Alexandre Lacazette - AMR, FC
Jeremy Pied - AM RL
Nicolas Seguin - D RC, WB R
Said Mehamha - DM, MC
Yannis Tafer - ST
Ishak Belfodil - ST
Thimothee Kolodzieczak - D/WB L
Lamine Gassama - D/WB R

The list goes on....

Always turns into a French national on saves for me. Never moves from Lyon though:(

I basically dont need to buy strikers for the next ten years. (H)

Want a tip for how to pwn the french league? Set up like this;

Lloris
Gassama - Cris - Bodmer Cissokho
Toulalan Makoun
Pjanic-Ederson (VDV in my case)-Grenier
Lopez

Have Lopez poach on a bed of three different AMC's, one attack and support, and one adv playm. support. Gassama and Cissokho provide all your width. Shout get ball forward and look for overlap, control strategy. 82 points in 30 games, bish bash bosh.

Last edited:
ive been thinking about raiding french talent, and italian talent lately, both better than english talent, if i do english talent its usually from my youth team and reserve team, by nurturing them, bit eye catching the french and italian, being a united fan i dunno why it makes me feel abit like arsene wenger......(which i dont like too much) but i like how he spots talent, however the with that stupid 25 man squad rule................................ (i hate it) its been a bit more difficult to do so, ive signed Grenier and Verretti tbh i didnt even know they turn out to be wonderkids, i never look at stuff like that, was recommended them by my scouts so i went for them

im playing as lyon now mate, using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation he is great to use as amc in attacking role. I rotate him with Pjanic and play him fairly often. he is pretty much one of the only starting players I kept (I like to totally overhaul the team) Definately a good player, worth about 15m i recon.

ive been thinking about raiding french talent, and italian talent lately, both better than english talent, if i do english talent its usually from my youth team and reserve team, by nurturing them, bit eye catching the french and italian, being a united fan i dunno why it makes me feel abit like arsene wenger......(which i dont like too much) but i like how he spots talent, however the with that stupid 25 man squad rule................................ (i hate it) its been a bit more difficult to do so, ive signed Grenier and Verretti tbh i didnt even know they turn out to be wonderkids, i never look at stuff like that, was recommended them by my scouts so i went for them

Best thing is that players like Grenier and Verratti is that they don't need to be registered until they are 21.

im playing as lyon now mate, using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation he is great to use as amc in attacking role. I rotate him with Pjanic and play him fairly often. he is pretty much one of the only starting players I kept (I like to totally overhaul the team) Definately a good player, worth about 15m i recon.

I play Gonalons, and Grenier most of the time, only drop for CL and league games vs Bordeaux, PSG and Marseille, but don't think that will need to be done much more.

Back