Clince121188's Replica Tactics Thread

Hey everyone,

Something I like to do when I'm struggling to find a new game to interest me long term is to replicate any tactics that appeal to me. This thread is basically to ask you for any tactic suggestions you would like to see implemented on FM.

Some obvious ones that I'll be working on soon(simply because they are so defined in the phylosophys behind them) are Barcelonas Tiki-Taka(Guardiola Style) and Real Madrids high paced Counter Attack system

Note

As these tactics will be "replicas" they may not necessarily be the most successful of tactics, just as close as I can get the players to acting out the roles and overall phylosophy of the tactic suggested

So... please get your suggestions coming in!

My Real Madrid replica tactic : Madrid - Pulse Attack - Downloads - Football Manager 2013 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats

any news on Barcelonas Tiki-Taka(Guardiola Style)???

If you are going to make a possession tactic, I wouldn't do a barcelona style tactic as it's quite boring to watch (and you really need out standing players to pull it off). Something like Swansea would be much better as they have that cutting edge (similiar to bayern munchen)

If you are going to make a possession tactic, I wouldn't do a barcelona style tactic as it's quite boring to watch (and you really need out standing players to pull it off). Something like Swansea would be much better as they have that cutting edge (similiar to bayern munchen)

I can see where you're coming from in saying that barcelonas style can be boring. It's boring when they're passing to the side and backwards, but at the same time, that's taking up time where your opponents might have the ball. It's quite comforting sometimes to know that when your not attacking you've still got most of the ball so your opponents can't score while you have it. When Barca do decide to go for it suddenly, it's generally amazing to watch.

I can see where you're coming from in saying that barcelonas style can be boring. It's boring when they're passing to the side and backwards, but at the same time, that's taking up time where your opponents might have the ball. It's quite comforting sometimes to know that when your not attacking you've still got most of the ball so your opponents can't score while you have it. When Barca do decide to go for it suddenly, it's generally amazing to watch.

Definitely understandable, but sometimes the team can get caught up in it and you become quite vulnerable to counter attacking football (Look at Madrid vs Barca this season). What I'm saying is sometimes Barca just keep the ball from the sake of it and leave themselves vulnerable at the back.

Definitely understandable, but sometimes the team can get caught up in it and you become quite vulnerable to counter attacking football (Look at Madrid vs Barca this season). What I'm saying is sometimes Barca just keep the ball from the sake of it and leave themselves vulnerable at the back.

They do at times yes, but no matter what way you play there are weak areas that the opposition can target. If you play a counter attack game, chances are..... if after thrusting all of your players forward, the opposition could then counter against you when your left with only a couple of players back. That's why we are all so fascinated with tactics, it's an eternal losing battle as there is always somewhere that you can fall down :D

Back