SongFabPersie

Reaction score
Hi, I'm in my first season with Valencia and I'm doing quite well. Was second in the league but got hammered by Barca which pushed me to fourth. But what concerned me is how wasteful my strikers were. I have three upfront - Mata-Adruiz-Joaquin Mata's set on defensive forward to harry and force mistakes on the opposing CBs. Adruiz as a deep-lying forward and Joaquin as a poacher. They all have 16+ finishing but it's alarming the amount of chances they miss. On average, I create about 6-7 CCCs but only manage to convert 1 from a SETPIECE!! What the ****? And the wierd thing is that I dominate every single team in La Liga including Barca with 57% possesion against them but when I use that dominant tactic I've made, the strikers shooting becomes awful. All their shots trickle pathetically wide and arent hit with power. It's either shot straight at the keeper or slowly floats wide. I've never seen shots powered in to the roof of the net or finished with confidence and conviction as I've seen with other tactics I've downloaded from others. Every aspect of my tactic is perfect apart from finishing. I'll try upload screenshots of this later but can anyone shed light on this? Thank you in advance.

Clinical finishing is related to composure and decision making, not just the finishing attribute. You could try setting individual training to improve composure or ask them to learn new preferred moves (eg shoot with power, place shots, round the keeper)

Yeah mate, the problem is general. I used the Ill Devasto tactic earlier with my Arsenal save and one thing I've noticed is how clinical my forwards were and the power they were putting in the shots - I then switched to my tactic and even the likes of Van Persie and Neymar were missing one on ones and patheticly hitting their shots weakly and sometimes it was just wild. The problem is general. How can you get your forwards to shoots with power and more importantly be clinical? Do I hand maximum creative freedom and put the attacking mentality to max?

Interaction, move preference, finishing training and select whichever you prefer them to learn.

High technique and decisions goes for placing shots. Not too sure which stats are best for blasting them, probably composure.

The problem is Van Persie does have high composure it's just so happens that when I apply my tactic he becomes a useless prat

Tweak with mentallity strikers and give him 1/2 creative freedom. I would probably put his mentallity slider in normal, he needs space, and in my opinion, wingers around him, get a few one-twos rolling and he'll skin defenders.

I'll try that mate. My problem is that I don't know how the different slider combos affect the player. All I know is that low defensive mentality and high creativity will result your player dropping in really deep and linking up play. Don't know what the other combo's result it. But anyway thanks mate :) I'll see how it goes.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 AM ----------

It's not working :(

This is exactly the reason why I signed up to this forum as I have the same problem. After reading a few posts I am still unsure about whether it is a tactical or a player issue. This post suggests it is tactical as Van Persie goes from being a clinical finisher to a donkey depending on the tactic. The jury is still out for me and I don't know whether I will get to the bottom of the issue for my team.