Close down much more vs. close down more whats the difference

26Hazard

Reaction score
Hi Guys

As the title suggest what is really difference and which player do you use close down much more. I am trying to create a very fluid attacking football and i wonder which to use? do i use close down much more? or close down

Last edited:
This is self explanatory. One increases the closing down setting a notch and the other increase it by two notches.

yes i get that. but i want to create a high pressing team with a very fluid team shape as i want my team to press together. should i use close down more?

My understanding of "close down more" is how par ahead of the play players will try to be involved defensively.
When will they leave their position to engage; or attempt to engage an opponent. It's mow aggressively your players will pressure the opposition and throw caution to the wind to make the opponent loose possession.

yes i get that. but i want to create a high pressing team with a very fluid team shape as i want my team to press together. should i use close down more?

Look at your teams decision, stamina, acceleration/pace and positioning. Unless they're very good, don't have your players playing piggy-in-the-middle.

It depends how much you want them to do it as it does ruin team shape and it also tires players out. If your asking which players I would use it on then I would say;

Players with high workrate/stamina/aggresion - preferably attackers
Not on centrebacks

Thats how i see it as well. on Fm14 we had hassle opponents instead of close down more. Do you think close down much more replaces hassle opponents of fm 14.