lostmysnorkel

Reaction score
So have just finished season 3 in FM12, players are all on holiday, for six weeks (lucky so & so's - they certainly don't **** well deserve it!)

I am managing Altrincham, higher mid-table finish in BS, an apart from sending scouts out and about, I was just wondering what you other LLMs do in this down-time???

I tend to re-assess my squad and look at performance consistancy. And re-arrange my squads eg. Promote Reserve players that are performing, sell inconsistant players, sell distruptive players... etc.

Also, I tend to look at the renown clubs for youth players and promising prospects...

Maybe even tweak my tactics and training schedules.... oh yeah and STAFF STAFF STAFF!!!!

Other than that there isn't alot to do........

Hope that helps

Lol..yeah, prtty much just poking arounnd and tweaking things. fancy a couple of week's in Magaluf myself actually.....

look which youngsters i can send out on loan for first team experience & raid the transfer market for freebies

As everybody else seems to do. Go through all the first team players to see how they performed over the season to see if they played well enough to merit their salary. If they didn't, then they may get dropped to the reserves and possibly sold in July. I then go through the reserves and see how they've progressed, see if it's worth keeping them or whether I should just cut my losses and sell. The same for the U18s, promote any who will be too old and either list them for loan or transfer. When I know what gaps \ improvements could be made for the squad and players who will be leaving, I look for players to replace. From Christmas I would have been scouting all the players whos contracts are running out, so I will already have a good idea whether they will fit into the squad. On one of my favourite saves from FM11 I had to overhaul my Forest Green squad and ended up putting all but 2 players up for sale and assembled a young, hungry, hard working squad of players. The next season we romped the Conference and joined the professional elite (well, League 2!)

Good question. I done a lot of things during closed season. It normally the busiest time for me.

-check player performance for the whole season to know who stay n who go.
-look for area to strengthen or to add depth.
-going through my shorlisted players or scout players to buy.
-find better staffs if available.
-offer new contract to worthy players n staffs ending next season.
-arrange friendlies.

I send my scouts away to tournaments - If there are any going on that is. Also to cast an eye on upcoming talents.
I then go on holiday for about 7-10 days. (Gives me other stuff to do round the house, watch tele, play xbox etc).
Come back and re-evaluate my team, ratings increase or decrease. Who trained well, who didnt etc. I then look at youngsters and reserve players, and if there are any I can release or keep.
I then look at players out of conract or running out of contract and see if they can improve my team.
Then looking at my set pieces etc. Who can take what.. Change a few details so its fresh in the upcoming season.
I then start thinking about players/staff going out and then coming in.
Finally, I look at my players who are coming to the end of their contracts and see if they are worth keeping. (This is also a great way to get the players to agree contracts at a lower wages). When they come back to training, set Match Prep to team blend, very high and im ready.

I do an assessment of the squad. Make up my mind about those players I might not be sure whether should or not continue or not. Based on that, I look into what players I need to reinforce the squad for the next season and then I see if there's something in the market I can pay with whatever transfer budget I have left. Usually I've spent it at the start of the season or during the winter window so I just locate the players I will aim for when the new budget is announced. This is not a biggie if I'm promoted the season that ends or have consolidated the team, since usually the team's reputation isn't updated yet, and in such cases the players I'd want are likely players that wouldn't accept me six months earlier. Those players I want to sell, I offer as soon as the new transfer window opens, 1 July for western Europe.