Elliot Pearce

Reaction score
I've seen some pretty close finishes over the years but this may top it... Especially with Newcastle hosting United on the last day of the season.

Closest anyone else has had?

View attachment 311848View attachment 311847

(Also with Everton and QPR locked on points and GD in 17th and 18th down the other end of the table and me not quite securing fifth yet)

closest i've ever had was on FM 2008.

On my save as Liverpool, on the final day of the season Liverpool, Man United & Man City were level (on what points exactly I can't remember) and also Liverpool & Man United were level on Goal difference.

As my match progressed, it became 1-1, while both City & United were winning, so I had to score to win the league.

In the last minute of the match Aaron popped up and scored for me, to win me the title!

Still probably doesn't top yours though, considering four teams were level on the last day

City beat Reading 3-0, with Newcastle beating United 1-0 and Arsenal only drawing which meant City won! Also QPR and Everton both won which meant West Ham actually went down in the end.

Had three teams finish on equal points with 2 goals the difference in the end.
Arsenal won 5-0, City 1-0 and I won 2-0 on the last day, Arsenal ended up top by a goal difference 2 better than City and West brom(me).

Never seen four teams on the same points though, that's crazy.

Does not beet that season that was crazy :p But after 9 seasons on this save, and 9 seasons in Arsenal I have had some epic fights with United :D

And after 9 seasons this are Premier League titles on the save:
5 times: United
4 times: Arsenal
0 times: everyone else...

On an old Liverpool save of mine on FM2012 I lost the league to United by 1 goal... 1 goal.

Was between me (Montpellier) and Marseille on the last day. I was one point ahead of them and away to PSG. I was drawing with PSG and Marseille were winning 2-1 Sochaux so they were going to win the title. 87th Marvin Martin equalised for Sochaux, thus giving me the title!

My first season as Dortmund I was top with 20 minutes left of the season, and nearest rivals Bayern losing...only for Bayern to score twice, myself to concede (and draw) and see them pip me to the post on the final game. Gutted. I lost the cup final that season as well, to a team in the league below!

I Pipped Man U to the title with Blackburn for my first Prem win on FM 2012, By 1 single Goal, I was away at Liverpool as well on the final day!

Edit:
On an old Liverpool save of mine on FM2012 I lost the league to United by 1 goal... 1 goal.

Just read up the thread and saw this, how odd

View attachment 312193

Six teams with a mathematical chance at winning the title with one game to go, though only five were realistic. It was Guildford who won it, and we finished in 3rd.

I(swansea) was once was equal to man city on points, gd and goals scored with one game left to play. In that game I won 3-1 and than man city won 2-0 meaning I won the league. By one goal. In fm12

You got to be extremely unlucky to finish seventh.

I hadn't been manager that season, I'd just taken over. The previous manager got sacked for not winning the title, which I though was quite harsh :p