Club and Country Challenge - Any Idea's?

zshox

Reaction score
So i have been reading the 2 San Marino threads were the club success is going to directly affect the countries success. What i was wondering is if anyone has any similar challenges?

The goal is to take a low ranked national team to the top 100 or 50, while also managing a team in the countries league that i hope to produce good regens and youths for the country. Taking this club aswell as country up in the rankings will also be a good test for the dynamic reputation feature :)

If ANYONE wants to issue a challenge, i would like to hear them :) I may also create a story to go with it.

Thanks in advance,

Tom

If you use the editor to load other leagues I guess that there is loads?

Isn't there a Luxembourg based team in a foreign league? Swiss league maybe? Not sure, sure I've read that somewhere. Toronto and Canada could be fun.

Toronto actually sounds like a good idea.

I moved to Canada from England almost 3 years ago, and live near Ottawa, so only a few hours from Toronto! I shall definately consider that one.

I will also look in to the Luxembourg idea :)

Any other ideas are also greatly appreciated :D

btw the he meant liechtenstein who have a club in 1 of the top 2 divisions of the swiss league, it's fc vaduz, although they always qualify for the europa league as teh game hasn't got the lieachtenstein cup in it.

cardiff/swansea and wales might work?

Imma try and see. Maybe not though

Look for quite poor rateed leagues, where most players in the league are home based, such as maybe Bulgaria and Slavia Sofia, or Montenegro and Mogren etc...

How could I load up the league with San Marino in anyways?

Vancouver and Canada would be harder then Toronto. If Vancouver is in the MLS on 11, I haven't checked that yet.

Thanks for all the feedback everyone! I will take a look at what everyone has suggested :)

I wonder if something could be done with Uruguay?

Ok, just loaded up MLS, if i can pick Vancouver i shall be going for Canada, if not, i will either look at Toronto, or load up a new game with another league.

I was actually considering Uruguay and Slovakia, so if any-one has a favourite or a reason i should choose one of them, please leave a reply.

I was also wondering if anyone would be interested in following a story, would probably update every day or two, and you could follow my progress through Canada / another lowish country :)

I started a game at Toronto, the season is almost done, the team is playing above expectations. In 2nd position as i take over, media prediction was 7th.

The team doesn't look to bad, i have 2 very good Canadian players, although one is in his 30's. Canada is rank 88 in the world. Depending on how i finish this season i may start a story with an end of season report, or check out Slovakia.

Andorra play in the Spanish league which could be interesting but I think its a long way down amd might be out of reach?
New Zeeland have a team (Wellington) in the Aussie league.
Wales would be an easier option with Cardiff or Sansea.
Alternativelly pick any small nation and activate the league and try and build the rep.
However, what I like about my game is that I have 2 club sides both producing San Marinese players. One of these clubs can slowly progress through the Italian league at the same time as I progress the nation.
For these games you need to activate the league e.g San Marino. Fairly self explanotory once you select add nation rules. Then add league. You choose the league and then can play around with the league rules settings to make it realistic.

I might do one with Andorra, club and country, spanish league sounds real nice to me.

Are the Andorran club lower than the B division o_O?

Last edited:
Due to my hatred of the drafting / transfer system in the MLS i am tempted to try Slovakia.

I'll also take a look for the Andorran team, and maybe try with Wales soon also.

---------- Post added at 01:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 AM ----------

The Slovakian National team are ranked 18th in the world, and the Slovakian league is full of teams with good youth facilities.

For the andorran team a custom database would be needed as they are in the Spanish Regional Third division (or something like that)

Time to find a database and take Andorra to the top!

I dare everyone to win the Copa Libertadores with a Venezuelan team!!...that s**t is almost impossible

I'd say, have a go at San Marino, this other dude is doing alright... maybe you could try and do better