Club and Country Challenge - Any Idea's?

I believe Wellington Phoenix of New Zealand play in the A-League :)

You could try Neath and Wales, though Swansea are a good bet and the physios Aisla Jones and Chantelle Thomas are gorgeous!

these challenges are the very reason I keep playing FM through the years...

Wellington Phoenix/New Zealand: done in FM10 (and actually in CM with the Kingz...), australian champion, perennial AFC CL contender, took NZ to world cup regularly. Very entertaining, give it a try.

Toronto/Canada: won everything I could with the club, but could never get the NT job so I gave gup. Also, developping local youth players would be kinda hard with all the roster/cap limitations and without a youth team. Had potential to be fun, but not with this settings.

San Marino: classic. To take the club all the way from C2 to serie A isn't that hard, but to make the NT half-decent would take years of hard work and efforts... working on that right now!

Vaduz/Lichtenstein: nice idea, never tried that!

Welsh clubs/Wales: personally I'm a bit tired of english leagues but a Wrexham/Wales challenge would be cool.

Do Andorra and Luxembourg have club teams competing in playable leagues? or any other team like them?

My suggestion... Singapore League offers a couple of interesting challenges:

There is a Singapore Under 23 team (not controlled by NT staff, you have to buy/sign players like other clubs) competing in the league, it would be cool to manage them & the "official" NT, almost like having your national team competing in a league, quite a unique feat.

Then also in Singapore there is a team called Etoile, which is only composed by (and can only sign) French players. Try to lead this French team to the top of Asia (and world), attracting "local" players from better leagues and maybe (MAYBE) get the France job...

Another one, there's a Chinese club (don't remember the name now) who have their B squad competing in the Hong Kong league: take both teams to the championship, and get the NT job for China or Hong Kong...

Last edited:
I'm from Singapore, and although I think the local football is **** (everyone loves an armchair critic), that's a brilliant idea! The S League has got a Chinese and a Japanese team in it too.

Bolivia, they have been in 3 World Cups the last being 1994, bring the glory back to them... not sure who you would be at club level like.

I'm trying to do this myself actually, the link in my signature goes to my story so far.

The Vaduz/Liechtenstein idea sounds really promising, just as developing New Zealand football. I don't know however what would be more fun: being the big Wellington Phoenix in the A-League or taking up a small team in New-Zealands own premier league like Auckland or Waikato, and try to turn those around?

Hungary could be interesting. Getting them to be a major power in world football again like they where in the 1950's. Hungary still holds the record for the most consecutive international fixtures unbeaten.

Faeroe Islands or Iceland for that matter.

I'm playing in the San Marino league with Tre Flori. And I know it will be a hugh challenge, but not enoth with that. I have changes some rules for the league to get better San Marino players, the rules a:
No not-EU players allowed.
Only 3 players allowed that's not from San Marino.
And 4 players must be under 21 years. And all the teams has a foodball academi.