October Update

A quiet month for us as the international break taking out two weeks means that we actually only have three games this month.

Atlas 0-0 Toluca
View attachment 58986
I don't know how we didn't win, we hit the woodwork three times and missed some simple chances. Pena's was the worst as he managed to hit the post from 3 yards out when anything on target would have scored and he was under no pressure.

Leon 0-0 Atlas
View attachment 58985
Another bore draw for us. The only moment of note saw Reyes tackle Ramos and ended up with both of them leaving the pitch injured.

View attachment 58982
Not only is Reyes one of our best players he is also our only natural left back. A centre back will be filling in there until we can get him back.

CF America 1-3 Atlas
View attachment 58984
At the fifth time of asking I beat Club America for the first time. Guisao gave us the lead after 24 minutes, rising highest to head in Vigon's free kick. Quintero levelled the game just before half time, Rodriguez won the ball from Cittadini and passed to Quintero in the box who took a touch and fired past Ustari. We then won a penalty with 12 minutes left which gave me a dilemma, with no Caraglio or Morrison on the pitch GK Ustari was apparently my best penalty taker. I gave the responsibility to Cittadini and he repaid the faith by firing low into the bottom corner having sent the keeper the wrong way. Valenzuela killed the game off with a late goal, a corner was never fully cleared and he was in the right place to fire in a first time finish from a De la Rosa cross.

Table
View attachment 58981
We still sit fifth but, there is only a two point gap between us and ninth which would put us out of the playoffs.

End of Regular Season Update

The league ends as we look to push ourselves into the playoff places and we look to continue our cup run as well.

Copa MX

Atlas 3-1 Tijuana
View attachment 58966
Having been at the club since 2009 and scored three goals, an unlikely Juan Pablo Vigon hat trick puts us into the quarter finals. He opened the scoring after 9 minutes, Vigon was able to power in a Vigon header past the keeper. Osorio levelled the game after 68 minutes, Aguirre cleared a cross into Osorio and the ball managed to sneak past Ustari. Vigon put us back in front 7 minutes later, curling a free kick into the top corner from 20 yards out. Vigon completed his hat trick late in the game to seal our progression, Pacheo squared the ball to Vigon at the edge of the box and he took a touch before firing a low shot just inside the corner completing an unlikely hat trick.

View attachment 58957
We will face rivals Chivas for a semi final spot. Our good group form sees us get home advantage for the tie.

Atlas 0-0 Chivas
View attachment 58965All that can be said about this is I'm still unbeaten against Chivas. Caraglio failed to convert a penalty after 29 minutes, hitting the post to waste a great chance. It was a dull game with only one shot on target as we play out a very dull game.

Copa MX Quarter Final

Atlas p1(4-2)1 Chivas
View attachment 58964
The unbeaten run against Chivas only just continues as we win on penalties to get into the semi finals. Pulido scored the first goal Chivas have managed against me, an awful back header from Cittadini giving him a simple finish. With less than ten minutes left De la Rosa levelled the game up, Pena put him through on goal and after a wonderful first touch he slammed the ball in with his second to send the game to penalties. Ustari stayed central to save from Pudilo before getting up to send the other keeper the wrong way and score his own penalty. Pineda, De la Rosa, Sanchez and Cittadini all scored. Ustari then pushed away a Briseno penalty before Guisao tucked his penalty away to send us into the semi finals. A huge game from Ustari who made a couple good saves, stopped two penalties and scored his.

View attachment 58953
We will play Veracruz and again get home advantage, I didn't realise how big an impact it would have in the knockout rounds to win all our group games.

Nexaca 1-2 Atlas
View attachment 58960
A first half De la Rosa brace sees us claim all three points against fellow playoff contenders Nexaca. He put us ahead after 22 minutes, Necaxa's goalie dawdled on the ball and De la Rosa shot into his leg and then was first with to the loose ball to fire in what may be the easiest goal he will ever manage. Four minutes later he doubled our lead, picking up the ball just inside their half he ran past two defenders and then fired past the keeper to finish off a great individual goal. Necaxa scored to set up a close finish with Riano powering in a good header but, we held on for the win and the three points.
View attachment 58956
The win also puts us into the playoff spots along with Cruz Azul. We now look to finish as high as possible to draw as weak a team as possible.
View attachment 58955
Luis Reyes looks likely to miss the start of the playoffs as he gets a groin strain in the win over Nexaca.

View attachment 58954
Pena will likely make the start of the playoffs but it isn't guaranteed he has to recover quickly.

View attachment 58952

As if we didn't have enough injuries Robles picks up an injury in training which will rule him out of at least the start of the playoffs

Copa MX Semi Final

Atlas 2-0 Veracruz
View attachment 58959
Morrison makes an early return from injury as we get into the Copa MX final where we will face one of Tigres or Toluca. Cittadini put us ahead after 13 minutes, Tesillo flicked on a Morrison corner and Cittadini poked it in at the back post. We missed our 3rd penalty during a game as Morrison hit the post with his penalty. Valenzuela confirmed our place in the final with a goal 15 minutes from time, from a uncleared corner he took a touch at the near post and blasted the ball past two defenders and the keeper from close range. A huge win as we look to end Atlas' title drought.

Atlas 3-0 Puebla
View attachment 58958Guisao grabbed a hat trick as we end the regular season but, we do pick up a couple of potentially costly injuries. Guisao put us in front just after the half hour, Vigon played in Guisao at a tight angle and his first shot hit the post and he then tucked in the rebound. He doubled our lead just before half time, Perez played a corner to Ruiz on the edge of the box who played it into the box to Guisao who blasted his shot in. Guisao completed his hat trick with a late goal, Ruiz chipped a pass over to Guisao and he volleyed a shot just inside the far post to finish off his hat trick.

View attachment 58951
De la Rosa adds to our expanding injury list and his season is over with him set to miss a month.

Table
View attachment 58950
We ended up finishing an impressive third place and will play a Nexaca side who be without the leagues top scorer so far, Angelo Henriquez, as he is on loan from us and thus ineligible. San Luis kicked off late on to push up the table and boost there survival hopes. Puebla can feel unlucky to miss out on playoff football with a total that would have comfortably had them in the last couple seasons.​

Always wanted to try Mexico myself but have never gotten around to it, nice progress with Atlas so far!

Liga MX Playoffs Quarter Finals

Looking for the first playoff win in my time in charge sees us taking on Nexaca and for the first time in a tie we are the higher seeded team so will get the second leg at home.

Nexaca 2-1 Atlas
View attachment 58934
Well unless I can end my lack of a playoff win in the second leg we will be out. Caraglio put us in front after 9 minutes, Cittadini sprayed the ball wide to Pena and he whipped in a cross that Caraglio stooped to head in. Nexaca drew level just before the half hour, Bueno powering in a header of his own. Just after the hour Bueno scored again to give Nexaca the win, stealing in at the back post to head in the winner. We got an away goal but, will have to win at home to go through.

Atlas 2(3-2)0 Nexaca
View attachment 58933In a dominating performance we get past Nexaca to claim a spot in the playoff semi finals thanks to a Caraglio brace. He got his first goal after 18 minutes, the first was a lovely team move as we started at the back with Ustari and got the ball forward and wide to Pena who found Caraglio open in the box and he fired in a first time finish to put us ahead. He gave us a bit of breathing room with his second after 73 minutes, Guisao found Caraglio in space 12 yards out and he buried a low shot in to send us into the Liga MX semi finals.

View attachment 58926
Tigres, Monterrey and Pachuca who pulled off the only upset of the quarter finals will join us in the semi finals.

As it turns out a draw is done to see who will play who in the semi finals, we just want to avoid Tigres other than that don't mind.

View attachment 58932
We will face Monterrey who finished second so will be the lower seed who could go out if the tie is level down to away goals and will be away in the second leg.

Liga MX Semi Final Playoffs
View attachment 58931
Monterrey are in poor form winning only one of their last eight games, however it was a 5-0 demolition of Club America to get them into this round so we do have to be wary.

Liga MX Semi Final Leg 1

Atlas 2-0 Monterrey
View attachment 58930
Caraglio makes in 5 in 3 playoff games as we pick up a good first leg win and don't concede any away goals meaning that if we score one goal away Monterrey will need four. Caraglio got us an early lead after 5 minutes, Cittadini lobbed a ball into the box for Caraglio he chested the ball down and fired a half volley in past the keeper from just inside the box to put us in front. At the death of the game with me asking for full time Caraglio scored a second goal to give us an extra goal advantage to take to Monterrey. It was a very sloppy goal Fernandez first cross was blocked so he passed to Cittadini on the edge of the box, his shot was blocked and fell to Rivera six yards out his shot was well saved but Caraglio pounced on the rebound to give us a two goal cushion.

Monterrey 1(1-4)2 Atlas
View attachment 58929For the first game Caraglio failed to score, fortunately my young substitute wingers were on hand to ensure we get into the final. Pacheo essentially finished the tie off with his 72rd minute goal meaning Monterrey needed to score four, from just inside the corner of the box he watched a Cittadini pass drop into him and struck a sweet first time volley into the top corner. A great goal that all but put us into the final. Monterrey got a goal back with 10 minutes left, Gonzalez tapping a Mendoza cross in at the back post. Fernandez won us the second leg with a goal soon after, with Monterry pushing players forward he was wide open just outside the box and Robles found him. He took a touch to get into the box and then kept his composure to fire a low shoot out of reach of the keeper and in.

View attachment 58925
Pachuca took out Tigres which means we will face them in the final as we look to end 67 years without a title. As we are the better seed, 3 vs 5, we will get the second leg at home.​

Last edited:
Always wanted to try Mexico myself but have never gotten around to it, nice progress with Atlas so far!
It's good fun I recommend it, been pleased with how we have been progressing hopefully we can continue to improve

Liga MX Finals

Two legs and the winner takes it all as we look to end 67 years of no titles. No away goals so you have to win on aggregate with extra time and penalties if needed.
View attachment 58852
Without Robles I have gone with 3 CM's and no DM and as it has got us this far I decided to stick with it despite Robles coming back.

Pachuca 0-0 Atlas
View attachment 58854
Caraglio has a nightmare game but, we avoid defeat away. His penalty was saved after 18 minutes and he thought he made up for it with a second half goal but, it was ruled out for a foul he committed. We actually ended up playing with ten men for a while as De la Rosa got injured after I had used all my subs. It means it becomes a one game shoot out with us at home and the winner taking the title.

Second Leg

Atlas 3-0 Pachuca
View attachment 58853
We dominated as Pachuca got stage fright and made no mistake as we claim an almost anti climatic first title since 1951. Caraglio put us ahead after 17 minutes, the keeper tried to pass it out from the back but his pass was awful and Caraglio got to it first and with the keeper miles out of his goal just passed the ball into the back of the net from 30 yards out. Pena doubled our lead five minutes later, Reyes crossed in from deep and Pena made a late run at the back post and fired in from close range. Caraglio grabbed his second goal just after half time to confirm the title would be heading to Guadalajara, Cittadini found Pena in space out wide and with time he measured out a cross that Caraglio headed powerfully in. The rest of the game was a bit of an anti climax as we were clearly going to win as Pachuca never got going not that it would bother our fans as we get our first title since the early fifties.

View attachment 58851View attachment 58850View attachment 58849
We upset the odds to come through as Apertura champions in an upset largely thanks to the goals of Caraglio who scored all our winners and all but three of our goals overall. Our defence was also solid only conceding three goals in the playoffs with only one after the first game.​

Copa MX Final
View attachment 58848
We will end up facing Tigres in the Copa MX final as we look to grab the domestic double, but we will have to be at our best to get anything against a very good Tigres side. We still get home advantage thanks to our good group stage performance. Tigres will be without Andre Pierre Gignac with a knee injury.

The transfer window had opened before this game and I had got players in but, I decided to give the players who got us to the final the chance to win it

It is a normal one match final with extra time and penalties.

Copa MX Final

Atlas 3-1 Tigres
View attachment 58847

Caraglio continues his great form in big matches as he bags a hat trick to give us the very unlikely league and cup double as we again dominated in a final. Caraglio got us in front after 29 minutes, Reyes low cross found Pena and he played a nice one-two in the box with Caraglio before firing a low shot that hit the post and allowed Caraglio a tap in to put us ahead. Caraglio doubled his and our tally after 69 minutes, a long ball from Ustari was flicked on by Morrison to Caraglio. He took a couple of touches and then hit a powerful shot into the top left corner from about 25 yards out, a stunning goal to put us in a great position. Caraglio completed his hat trick on the 77th minute, a Fernandez cross was headed down by Pacheo and Caraglio was on hand to poke the ball in past Guzman. Montes grabbed a consolation 3 minutes later for Tigres, a nice run got him in on goal and he lifted the ball over Ustari and in to score a nice goal.

View attachment 58846
Another surprising trophy win and we will have a lot of expectations to live up to in the Clausura as we manage to do the double in a big surprise to everyone.​

January Transfer Window

First off sorry for the lack of updates, I was at my parent and the wifi there is terrible and made uploading screenshots impossible. Anyway off the back of our surprising double I made a few moves to strengthen before the second half of the season began.

Outgoings
View attachment 57884
No big names but some decent fees. Jimenez was the only one to play a game under me who left as there was no room for him at centre back and he had some pretty high wages.

Incoming Transfers

Just the players who will play a part soon listed as I continue to invest heavily in youth and try to populate the youth teams with good prospects.

Sebastian Perez
View attachment 57883
With Robles going downhill a bit I swooped in to sign the transfer listed Perez from Boca Juniors. Joining for $2.3 million rising to 3.4 he may initially struggle to get into the squad as I plan on sticking with the three CM formation that won us the playoffs.

Jonathan Espericueta
View attachment 57882
I felt we lacked some creativity without Morrison so signed Espericueta from Tigres for $425k to back him up. A solid CM and homegrown as a bonus he should more than ably be able to back up in the middle of the pitch.

Andres Catalan
View attachment 57881
As we lacked any depth at left back I went out and signed Catalan to back up Reyes. The young Mexican left back cost $1.1 million potentially rising to $1.9 million but for that price we have a great young left back who should be perfectly developed by the time Reyes begins to go downhill.

Emiliano Velasquez
View attachment 57880
We saw off interest from Stuttgart and Lille to sign the Uruguayan defender on a free contract however, with some injury issues at centre back I opted to fork out $525k to get him in a bit earlier to help us out. A powerful centre back who couldn't quite make it at Atleti he should be a solid defender for us.

View attachment 57879
A full list of our winter signings.​

​January Update

We look to get off to a good start in the league and the cup as we look to try and win all four available domestic trophies in a season. In the cup we have been put in a group with Leon and Alebrijes.

Atlas 1-0 Queretaro
View attachment 57842
We dominate the game but have to wait until the end to break down a resilient Queretaro. Caraglio grabbed the only goal with three minutes of regulation time left, Fernandez whipping in a low cross that Caraglio volleyed in from the penalty spot as we finally found a way past the excellent Volpi.

Copa MX

Atlas 0-0 Alebrijas
View attachment 57841
Gave youngsters and back up players a chance to impress and they couldn't find a way to beat Alebrijas who had a man sent off late on in the game.

Atlas 2-0 Santos Laguna
View attachment 57840
A very early red card for Flores when he lunged in two footed on Guisao helped us to an easy win over Santos Laguna. Morrison got our first goal after 12 minutes, a cross was blocked and the ball fell to him 25 yards out. He took a touch and fired a low shot into the bottom corner to put us in front. Caraglio doubled our lead with a goal after 38 minutes, rising highest to head in a Pena cross with the keeper caught in no man's land.

Copa MX

Leon 2-2 Atlas
View attachment 57839
We are twice pegged back by Leon and as we again draw in the Copa MX. Guisao opened the scoring after 18 minutes, arriving late at the back post to head in a Pena cross. Renteria levelled for Leon just before half time, when in on goal Tesillo tackled him and the ball hit back off his shin and rolled just past Ustari and in. Guisao got us back in front with 20 minutes left, with a near carbon copy of his first goal as he again headed in a Pena cross at the back post. Leon got a late equaliser through Rivera to claim a point however, tapping in a Rentaria cross.

View attachment 57807
A big blow for us as Aguirre will be out of action for quite a while, a near ever present for us he will be missed at centre back for around a month and a half.

Pumas UNAM 2-3 Atlas
View attachment 57834
We sneak all three points in a tight game with Pumas that was full of goals. Guisao got us ahead after 3 minutes, a great flick by Caraglio played in Guisao and he finished well to put us in front. Our lead only lasted a couple of minutes as Pumas hit back quickly, Martinez volleying in a headed clearance from Barreiro. Caraglio got us in front again 10 minutes after half time, heading a Pena cross in off the underside of the bar. Again our lead didn't last long as Pumas hit back through Avila, slotting in a cut back from FM legend Carlos Fierro. Caraglio scored in the 93rd minute however to claim us all three points, powerfully heading a Fernandez cross into the top corner.

Atlas 3-1 Pachuca
View attachment 57819We continue our good league form with a comfortable win over Pachuca. Guisao popped up with another early goal for us scoring after 2 minutes, firing in a low shot from Pena's good pass. Caraglio doubled our lead just after half time, a short corner was played to Morrison at the corner of the box and he found Caraglio in space and he powerfully fired in. Pachuca got a goal back for Pachuca after 56 minutes, the ball falling to Ascues after none of a group caught under a ball could claim it and with Ustari on the ground he fired into an open goal. Guisao grabbed another goal after 69 minutes to confirm our win, redirecting a bad Fernandez shot on target and in.

Table
View attachment 57806
We sit top of the pile with a perfect record so far, Veracruz have also won every game so far this season and we are among the five teams who are unbeaten so far.

February Update

We face another busy month and will be without a number of our players as we look to progress in the cup and stay on top in the league.

Cruz Azul 0-3 Atlas
View attachment 57759
We record a comfortable victory over Cruz Azul as our good form continues on. Cittadini got us in front with a goal after just 5 minutes, with space on the edge of the box he took a touch and hit a curling shot in past the keeper. Caraglio doubled our lead just before the half hour, rising above three defenders to head a Villamarin cross in off the bar and post. Tesillo killed the game with a third goal before half time, Velasquez rose high at the back post and headed a Cittadini free kick onto the post and Tesillo fired in the rebound.

Tijuana 2-0 Atlas
View attachment 57758
We lost our first game since the first leg our of playoff with Nexaca as Tijuana beat us two nil. Chavez got their first after 73 minutes, ending a counter attack with a nice lifted finish over Ustari. Rodriguez killed hope of a comeback with a second goal after 81 minutes, finding space in the box to fire in a low shot.
View attachment 57752
We are going to lose a number of players for about a month to the U-20 North American Cup. It is a real blow as 4 of the 5 Mexican players called up are consistently on the bench and as I have to have 9 Mexican born players in my match squad it means my bench will be very weak as I have to use some players I had been unable to get rid of.

Atlas 2-4 Veracruz
View attachment 57757
With only one day off after the Tijuana game until this one we managed to dominate the game but a Berloa hat trick left us with no points. Urretaviscaya slotted in a penalty after 15 minutes to put them in front. Vilchis equalised just after the hour, firing a Villamarin cross into the roof of the net at the back post. Berloa grabbed his first goal after 66 minutes, tapping in a Villalva cut back from close range. He extended their lead after 79 minutes, getting ahead of his man to tap in a low cross at the near post. Torres pulled a goal back for us two minutes later, getting a small touch on a Pena cross to direct it in. Berloa wrapped up his hat trick and Veracruz's win with a 94th minute goal played in on goal as we were pushing everyone up he calmly stroked the ball past Ustari and in.

Copa MX

Atlas 1-1 Leon
View attachment 57756
We dominated the game but failed to win for the third game in a row. Caraglio got us ahead after 72 minutes, heading in a Vilchis cross from point blank range. Britos levelled the game after 83 minutes, Ustari raced out of his box to clear a long ball and kicked it right to Britos who fired into an open goal and cost us two points.

At. San Luis 0-2 Atlas
View attachment 57755
We end our run of poor results with a win over a San Luis team who were in some good form. Cittadini opened the scoring with a goal after 6 minutes, controlling a headed clearance and placing his effort just out reach of the keeper and in. Velazquez confirmed the win with his first Atlas goal, a Morrison corner misjudged by some defenders allowing him a simple finish to ensure we got all three points.

Atlas 2-2 Morelia
View attachment 57754
We split the points with Morelia in a tight game that could have been won by either side. Sepulduva put them in front after 8 minutes, a good touch to take in a pass and then a very nice finish to put us behind. 8 minutes later we hit back with Cittadini, Morrison played a corner out to him on the edge of the box. He played a 1-2 with Guisao and then hit a decent shot that somehow beat the keeper to go in. Sepulduva had them back ahead after 36 minutes, Penilla squaring the ball to him when in on goal and Sepulduva fired a shot past the two defenders on the line. Vigon scored after 51 minutes to earn us a point, a headed 1-2 with Guisao and then he swivelled and volleyed the ball into the top corner. An exception goal to earn us a point.

Tigres 4-2 Atlas
View attachment 57753
We end the month with a hammering off of Tigres, an appropriate end to a poor month. Vargas scored a penalty after 5 minutes to put us behind early. Pizarro doubled their lead after 9 minutes, beating the last man and firing past Ustari to wrap up a lighting quick counter attack. Mora killed the game with a goal after 26 minutes, rising high to head in a cross from Damm. Morrison grabbed us a goal back after 35 minutes, firing in a low shot when played in on goal. Mora restored Tigres three goal with 15 minutes left, a powerful finish from the edge of the box leaving Ustari no chance. Torres made the scoreline a bit more respectable with a late goal, nipping in ahead of Ayala to head in from close range.

Table
View attachment 57751
We have fallen to 4th with a poor month but are still comfortably in the playoff spots which is all that matters.

View attachment 57750
Alebrijes are surprise group winners. Leon are out and if we beat Alebrijes in our final group game we will likely go through as a best placed second team.

Youth Intake
View attachment 57749
We get a decent youth intake but no one stands out like Fernandez did last season. These two are probably the best

View attachment 57748View attachment 57746

March Update

We head into March in some poor form that we will be looking to turn around to allow us to maintain our spot in the playoffs.

Atlas 0-1 Leon
View attachment 57451
We continue our poor form with a tight loss to Leon in the league. Mejia scored the only goal of the game after 19 minutes, scoring a nice curling free kick from just outside the box.

Copa MX

Alebrijes 2-2 Atlas
View attachment 57450
If anything sums up our current form it could be this, as we throw away a two goal lead to a second division side. Pacheo got us ahead after 11 minutes, heading in a Villamarin cross at the back post from close range. Caraglio doubled our lead 7 minutes later, putting his penalty out of reach of the keeper. Alebrijes pulled a goal back after 64 minutes, a ball bounced around in the box and Imperiale fired in the loose ball to cut the deficit. Alebrijes levelled the game with 10 minutes left, Silva finishing very well when in on goal. The goal meant the game ended in a draw and knocks us out of the Copa MX.

View attachment 57442
A poor tournament for us and Leon as Alebirjes are the only side to escape the group and get into the knockout rounds.

Toluca 1-0 Atlas
View attachment 57449
We again lose 1-0 as we struggle to score and can't quite keep clean sheets. Perg scored the only goal of the game after 55 minutes, getting free in a corner to head the ball in at the near post.

Atlas 0-1 CF America
View attachment 57448
Another 1-0 loss as Darwin Quintero keeps up his great scoring record against us. He got the only goal of the game five minutes before half time, firing in a cross from close range. Despite creating a lot of chances we were unable to get a goal and fell to yet another loss.

Table
View attachment 57441
It's only our good start to the season that is keeping us in the playoff spots and unless we can find a way to turn around our season we will be out of the playoff spots soon.

April Update

We face the final run to get into the playoffs as we look to turn around a poor Clausura season.

Chivas 0-0 Atlas
View attachment 57439
Even at our worst Chivas still aren't able to overcome us as we are able to claim a point against them. Ustari was the hero saving a Pudilo penalty after 55 minutes, diving to his left to push the penalty away. A decent point as we end our losing run in the league.

Monterrey 4-1 Atlas
View attachment 57437
We take a hammering off of league leaders Monterrey as we continue to be unable to claim a win. Gonzalez put them ahead after 12 minutes, Furch playing a good pass into him and Gonzalez finished it well. Furch doubled their lead with a penalty after 37 minutes. Mendoza put them three in front six minutes after half time, Mendoza shooting from a tight angle and Ustari was unable to save the shot despite making solid contact with it. De la Rosa pulled a goal back for us after 61 minutes, tapping in a Fernandez cross from close range. Fuenes Mori wrapped up our poor game with a late goal for Monterrey, scoring with a powerful shot from just inside the box. Another awful day for us in a poor season.

Atlas 3-1 Necaxa
View attachment 57430
With a very good performance we claim our first league win since mid February beating Necaxa in a key game for our playoff hopes. De la Rosa put us ahead after 20 minutes, getting on the end of a Pacheo cross to head into the top corner. Riano levelled the game ten minutes later, easily beating a defender and then firing a low shot past the keeper and in at the near post. Vigon put us back in front after 66 minutes, Vigon getting the ball just outside the box and then curling his shot in off the post. De la Rosa extended our lead after 79 minutes, Vigon playing him in and De la Rosa lifted his shot over the keeper and in. De la Rosa missed a very late penalty to rob him of the chance of a hat trick.

Puebla 0-0 Atlas
View attachment 57426
Our final game of the season is a dull 0-0 draw with Puebla. A game low on quality that neither side deserved to win.

Table
View attachment 57419
Despite our awful end to the season our strong start sees us get into the playoffs as the 8th placed team.

View attachment 57418
It means we will face Monterrey who had a great season and beat us 4-1 very recently.

View attachment 57417
A terrible end of season run of losses sees At. San Luis relegated as Queretaro only just avoid the drop with a poor season of their own.​

Playoff Games

All the games are big now as everyone stands six games from the title. We face a Monterrey side who have been dominant in the regular season but that will count for nothing if they can't continue there form.

Atlas 0-0 Monterrey
View attachment 57353
Not the worst result for us as a score draw will see us into the next round. Neither keeper had a lot to do as the finishing was poor.

View attachment 57352
Pacheo will be out for the season with a hernia injury, a blow for us but we will have to carry on.

Monterrey 1(1-1)1a Atlas
View attachment 57351We sneak past Monterrey thanks to the away goal rule. Morrison got us ahead after 19 minutes, firing a free kick in from just outside the box. Furch levelled the game after 54 minutes, getting free to power in a corner. There was late drama as Perez pulled down Basanta to give away a penalty with three minutes left. Quintero stepped up to take it and his low penalty to the keepers left was pushed away by Ustari as we get into the next round.

View attachment 57349
CF America, city rivals Chivas and Tigres all join us in the playoff semi finals.

View attachment 57348
We will be taking on CF America for a spot in the playoff final.

View attachment 57346
Annoyingly I will be without a number of players for the rest of the playoffs due to the U-20 world cup which is very annoying and hurts our chances of victory.

Atlas 0-1 CF America
View attachment 57347Despite being at least even in the game CF America take the advantage into the second leg. Quintero scored the only goal of the game after 23 minutes, America countered and Quintero was played in on goal and slipped a low finish in past Ustari.

CF America 3(4-2)2 Atlas
View attachment 57343
We get knocked out by CF America in an end to end game. Quintero got them ahead on the day after 21 minutes, controlling the ball on the edge of the box and then firing his shot just inside the post and in. Morrison got us back in the game with a goal after 28 minutes, his free kick took a huge deflection off of the wall and wrong footed the keeper to go in. Walter Gonzalez gave America there two goal lead back a minute later, firing in from an Uribe cross at the near post. Guerrero extended there lead two minutes before the half, poking a low shot in past Ustari. Caraglio pulled a goal back just before the half, Caraglio extending to poke in a Reyes cross.

View attachment 57341

End of Season Report

A good season for us as we ended the long trophy drought with a league and cup double in the Apertura, a disappointing Clausura by comparison still saw us progress further than we managed last season.

View attachment 57275
Tigres won the Clausura with a close win over America in the final as the two Guadalajara sides get knocked out in the semi finals.

View attachment 57274
Pumas claimed the Copa MX for this season with a penalty shootout win over Veracruz.

Atlas End of Season Awards
View attachment 57273
No complaints about the team of the season, our 4-3-3 worked well in the playoffs and well enough in the regular season. Cittadini easily won player of the season with a great season and comfortably beat Reyes and Aguirre. He also won signing of the season making his $837k fee even more of a bargain than it always seemed after a great season. Aguirre claimed young player of the season with another good season where he was a standout defender.

View attachment 57272
Cittadini comes into our overall best XI, Fernandez also surprising gets into the best XI along with a couple other players joining the team, mainly the bench.

View attachment 57271
We get a new $8 million sponsorship for a year off the back of a league winning season. We are continuing to earn more money as all but one of our revenue streams grows, we somehow get a smaller broadcast deal despite winning the league.

View attachment 57270
I get a nomination for Manager of the Season but lost out to Tuca Ferretti of Tigres.

View attachment 57269
Cittadini gets into the team of the season on the back of his great season. Tesillo and Caraglio make the bench after impressive seasons of their own.

View attachment 57268
Our reputation has improved considerably thanks to our league and cup win.

View attachment 57266
We set up a link with Tiaxcala that will allow us to send players out on loan to them in the Mexican second division so that they can get some first team football.​

Transfer Update

We have a busy window as we look to avoid a half season like the last one where we went on an awful run.

Outgoing Transfers
View attachment 57264
Caraglio is the big name of this group leaving for Pumas for six million. He was very streaky with long goal runs and goalless runs and I was hoping to find a striker with some more consistency. Martinez leaves for 1.1 million after two cruciate injuries in a row tanked his ability. Aboagye also left for $925k to Morelia after a poor time recently. The only other big deals so Angelo Henriquez leave for $2.9 million, Robles joined At. San Luis for 500k and Carlos Martinez went back to Europe joining Vitoria de Seutbel for $100k.

Incoming deals

We spend pretty heavily to try and make sure that we can get back into contention for trophies.

Nazerano Solis
View attachment 57260We needed a left winger to help develop Fernandez and Solis, a Copa Libertadores and Argentinian League winner, joined us from Boca for 4.5 million after he was transfer listed. A good inside forward he should give us some extra threat out wide.

Edgar Alaffita
View attachment 57257
We signed a promising Mexican right back to replace Martinez. Alaffita is an inverted wing back and has spent two seasons on loan to Alebrijes before we signed him for $5.5 million rising to 7 million. One slight issue is that he is 5'2 and has a jumping reach of three so he is useless in the air.

Aldo Ortiz
View attachment 57254
We signed this young Paraguayan target man from Olimpia for $950k. A still developing player his height and jumping ability means he should be very hard to beat in the air and allows us to play more direct if we need to.

Antonio Sanabria
View attachment 57254
Another Paraguayan striker Sanabria joins us from Leverkusen for $5 million. A part of their Bundesliga winning side he joins us and will be our second best paid player on $29.5k a week and will have to deliver to earn that wage.

Goncalo Paciencia
View attachment 57251Paciencia joins us on a free from Porto, he's played a couple games for them and has had loans spells at a couple of Portuguese teams and Olympiakos. A solid complete forward he will be our final option up front that we gained this season.

Allen Nguyen
View attachment 57249
A centre back with great potential Nguyen joined us on a free from the LA Galaxy academy. A big, strong, solid centre back Nguyen could develop into a great for the club and was an absolute steal from the Galaxy academy.

Nahuel Menendez
View attachment 57245Nahuel Menendez joins us on a free from Chacarita Jrs. although he did spend the last season on loan at San Lorenzo. An option at DM, CM and RB he is a good signing and should be a useful role player for us especially with his ability to cover multiple positions.

Ravel Morrison
View attachment 57243
Morrison joins us again on a free after his Lazio contract expired, his good two years on loan at the team made him a fan favourite and getting him on long term for nothing is a great deal for the club.

Peter Olayinka
View attachment 57242
Mexico is the next stop of Olayinka's nomadic career has seen him play in Albania, Czech Republic, Portugal and Belgium. Signed on a free after his AA Gent contract expired Olayinka will offer good depth on both wings and up front.

Pelayo Suarez
View attachment 57239
The young centre back joined us from relegated Sporting Gijon. For only $350k he is a bargain and worse case should see us make some nice profit.

Other Incoming Transfers
View attachment 57237
I signed some young prospect and out of contract players who I plan to loan and sell for profits.

July Update

We kick our season of a bit earlier as we face Tigres in the Mexican version of the super cup between the two league winners in a game in LA. We also learn our Copa MX group rivals as we look to defend the two titles we won last year.

View attachment 57030
Nearby Morelia and second division Tapachula will be the two teams in our group as we start our cup defence.

View attachment 57026
The relegation average points table, with our two good seasons before us we can already celebrate survival as we can't realistically be relegated even if we lose every game.

Mexican Champions Trophy

Tigres 3-1 Atlas
View attachment 57025
The performance wasn't bad but, we weren't close to taking the trophy back with us. Vargas put them ahead after 25 minutes, a long ball played him in and Vargas finished cooly past Ustari. Torres doubled their lead 10 minutes later, again a good through ball played him in and Torres poked a low shot in. Paulo Vitor extended Tigres lead after 73 minutes, a low finish at the near post beating Ustari far to easily. Aldo Ortiz grabbed a debut goal to cut the deficit at the end of the game, pretty blatantly fouling a centre back to win the ball back for us and he played a 1-2 with Paciencia and then finished powerfully past the keeper.

Atlas 2-2 Morelia
View attachment 57017
An even game saw both teams start the league season with a point each. Pena got us in front with a third minute goal, Ortiz played a low ball across the face of goal and Pena tapped it in at the back post. Our lead only lasted for seconds as a Villamarin own goal got them right back into the game, Cittadini cleared a cross into Villamarin and it was past Ustari before he could react. Ortiz got us back ahead after 23 minutes, a great pass from Villamarin played Ortiz in and he slipped his low finish past the keeper. Cuero scored after 65 minutes to earn Morelia a point, Sepulduva headed down a long ball and Cuero fired a great volley into the top corner.

Copa MX

Atlas 3-0 Tapachula
View attachment 57016
Three late goals saw us pull away from Tapachula as we started our Copa MX Apertura defence with a win. Cittadini got us in front after 75 minutes, a quick counter attack ended with Garnica slipping in Cittadini and he curled a good finish in the top corner. Sanabria doubled our lead a minute later, firing in a deflected Olayinka cross from close range to get his first Atlas goal. Garnica wrapped up the win with a late goal, unmarked at the back post Garnica headed in a Catalan cross.

View attachment 57014
We have set the record longest unbeaten run in the Copa MX even though we have only won it once recently. But, we went out drawing every game last year and went out on penalties the year before so haven't lost in 90 minutes since the first half season.

August Update

The season really gets up and running as we have 8 games in a busy month. A couple cup games and really getting the league campaign underway.

Necaxa 2-2 Atlas
View attachment 57011
Another draw for us in a game that we maybe just edged. Rodriguez put Necaxa in front after 14 minutes, again a ball in behind does us in and Rodriguez slipped a low shot past Ustari and in. Bueno doubled their lead after 28 minutes, easily firing in from a Mati cut back. Ortiz pulled a goal back for us seconds later, getting onto the end of a Garnica cross and guiding his header in past the keeper. De la Rosa earned us a point with a goal after 74 minutes, Ortiz chipped a pass up to De la Rosa and from just outside the box De la Rosa powered a half volley in past the keeper.

Copa MX

Morelia 1-2 Atlas
View attachment 57010We get a second win from two games in the cup. Ortiz got us in front after 15 minutes, a powerful strike from 25 yards out flew past the keeper at full strength and got us ahead. Paciencia got us a two goal lead after 58 minutes, from a tight angle he swept the ball just inside the post from a tight angle. Morelia pulled a goal back through Rodriguez after 63 minutes, running onto a cross and heading in but we held on for the win.

Atlas 0-1 Pumas UNAM
View attachment 57006We are still looking for our first league win as we fall 1-0 to Pumas as Caraglio makes his return to Atlas. Avila scored the only goal of the game after 36 minutes, running onto a cross and powering in a header past Ustari.

Toluca 1-2 Atlas
View attachment 57004
We do get our first league win of the season, in a game that featured 13 yellow cards and somehow no reds, with a narrow win over Toluca. Alaffita got us ahead after 39 minutes with his first goal for Atlas, Cittadini slipped in Alafitta who made a great inside run and Alafitta finished well to give us the lead. Garnica extended the lead after 58 minutes, Ortiz headed down a Reyes cross to Fernandez whose shot was blocked and fell to Cittadini, he squared the ball Garnica and he fired into the top corner. Briseno pulled a late goal back for Toluca, firing in the loose ball from a corner.

Atlas 4-3 Tijuana
View attachment 57002
We claim all the points in an end to end game with Tijuana. Olayinka got us ahead with his first goal for the club after 10 minutes, Ortiz knocked down a cross and Olayinka fired in at the near post from close range. Ustari doubled our lead converting a penalty after 34 minutes chosen as he is our best penalty taker, he lived up to it by sending his penalty into the roof of the net and leaving his opposite number no chance. Hauche pulled a goal back for Tijuana after 40 minutes, volleying in a loose ball from inside the box. Perez levelled the game after 57 minutes, firing a 30 yard shot into the top corner that left Ustari no chance. Sanabria got us ahead again after 75 minutes, Pena whipped in a cross from deep and the keeper came but couldn't get to it and Sanabria scored a simple header. Tijuana won a late penalty and converted it to level the game on 86 minutes. Paciencia grabbed us a late winner to get us all three points, a Pena shot was blocked and fell to Paciencia who fired in the ball to give us the win.

Copa MX

Tapachula 1-1 Atlas
View attachment 56997
An exchange of late goals saw each side claim a point. Sanabria got us ahead after 82 minutes, Fernandez slipped in Sanabria and he lifted his shot over the keeper and in. Tapachula levelled the game 5 minutes later to claim a point, Perez firing in a Scissors volley to fire powerfully past Ustari.

Monterrey 2-1 Atlas
View attachment 56996
Another late goal conceded for us this time costs us a point. Medina put us behind after 26 minutes, a scramble in the box saw the ball fall to Gonzalez and he chipped a ball in the middle for Mendoza to head in. Cittadini equalised after 69 minutes, Nahuel flicked a thrown in on and Cittadini blocked the clearance and the ball bounced off him and went in to level the game. Furch won the game for Monterrey with a goal after 83 minutes, heading in a good Di Placido cross.
View attachment 56994
Tesillo picked up an injury against Monterrey and will be out for a month and a half to two months with his collarbone injury.

Alebrijes 0-0 Atlas
View attachment 56995
We can only get a goalless draw away to newly promoted Alebrijes in a dull game where neither side was able to create much.

View attachment 56993
Olayinka got a pretty bad injury and will likely miss the rest of the season with his hamstring injury.

Table
View attachment 56992
We currently sit 12th and could fall further down with teams behind us having game in hands, however we are only a point off the playoff places.

I have very little knowledge of how the Mexican leagues work but surely you qualified for the North American Champions League for winning the double... do you have any games soon?
Also how are your youngsters doing? There’s a lot of them playing for their under 20 national sides, do you think any are good enough to warrant attention from European clubs?

I have very little knowledge of how the Mexican leagues work but surely you qualified for the North American Champions League for winning the double... do you have any games soon?
Also how are your youngsters doing? There’s a lot of them playing for their under 20 national sides, do you think any are good enough to warrant attention from European clubs?

Probably should have explained this earlier but the way the NACL works is that it all takes place in what for us is the second half of the season and you qualify for it based on the season before so we will compete in it in the next half season.

No one has drawn any interest from Europe or the rest of Mexico really which I'm happy enough about, Cruz Azul have an interest in Fernandez but there is no way that he is moving to any other team in the nation and I installed an optional three year extension in his deal so there is no way he's leaving.

September Update

We face a crunch month as we look to get out of our cup group and also get ourselves firmly in the playoff spots. It is a quiet month but we only face 4 games in the month so have to make the most of them.

Atlas 0-2 Cruz Azul
View attachment 56913
An early red card for Vazquez dooms us to defeat against Cruz Azul. He went off after 25 minutes, it was questionable for me he was the last defender but Franco was out wide and heading out wider. WE held out for a while but Cruz Azul finally got past us after 53 minutes, Rojas crossed in Fierro miscued his header terribly and it fell back to Rojas who had a simple tap in. Just under ten minutes later Aldrete grabbed the second goal to give them the win, a good long distance strike that was just inside the post but with the range and lack of power Ustari maybe should have done better.

Copa MX

Atlas 3-0 Morelia
View attachment 56912
A comfortable win sees us easily claim top spot in the group. Cittadini got us ahead after 14 minutes, placing his penalty just out of reach of the keeper. Paciencia doubled our lead after 57 minutes, Pena made a great run and then squared the ball and gave Paciencia a simple tap in to put us ahead. Cittadini wrapped up the win after 82 minutes with his second goal, given space outside the box he fired a low powerful strike in to wrap up the win.

Santos Laguna 1-1 Atlas
View attachment 56911
We can only get a point away to Santos Laguna as our inconsistent form continues. Jose Luiz Fernandez put us in front after half an hour, Morrison found Fernandez in space in the box and he fired a great half volley past the keeper. Santos Laguna equalised after 65 minutes, Carrizo's chipped cross to the back post was headed down and Soldano poked it in from close range.

Chivas 1-3 Atlas
View attachment 56910
No matter what Chivas can't beat us and I'm very happen as we make it continue with a convincing 3-1 win away from home. Vigon put us ahead just before half time with another big goal for us, he got space on the edge of the box and his powerful shot was touched by the keeper but had to much power to keep out. Hernandez levelled the game after 66 minutes, Sanchez whipped in a deep cross and Hernandez headed it down to Pulido who was tackled and the ball fell to Hernandez to fire in from close range. Just six minutes later Sanabria had us back in front, a Morrison corner was half cleared to Nahuel who played the ball back into the box for Sanabria who powered a shot in. Allen Nguyen in only his third game for the club scored his first goal for us to ensure the derby win, Morrison hit in another corner De la Rosa volleyed a shot that was blocked and fell to Nguyen to turn in from close range. A very good end to a mixed month.

Table
View attachment 56909
We sit just outside the playoff spots but if we win our game in hand then we will move into the playoff spots so it isn't that bad a spot to be in.

View attachment 56908
We got out of our group with a decent point margin gap over Morelia. We also should be able to get most of our knockout games at home thanks to our points total.

View attachment 56907
We get a chance to get revenge against Venados for out penalty loss in the cup last season and it is one I want us to make the most of.