Club cannot currently afford the player

digimagpie

Reaction score
Has anyone seen this as well? When you get a scout report and he comes back saying that the club cannot currently afford the player, even though I have more than enough in the transfer budget and enough room in the wage budget...

I think this also happens when the player's expected wage demands are out of your range.

I should still be able to afford them though. Ive got over £20m remaining and £150000 left in the wage budget. The suggested prices from the scout reports are around £8-12m and wages are nowhere near the remaining budget. I mean I have bought a couple of these players so I obviously can afford them....seems like a glitch?

I should still be able to afford them though. Ive got over £20m remaining and £150000 left in the wage budget. The suggested prices from the scout reports are around £8-12m and wages are nowhere near the remaining budget. I mean I have bought a couple of these players so I obviously can afford them....seems like a glitch?

Your remaining wage budget and the amount of wages you can offer him are two different things. You might have 150,000 left in your budget, but the board might only let you offer him 40,000 or 60,000 ( just an example )

Your remaining wage budget and the amount of wages you can offer him are two different things. You might have 150,000 left in your budget, but the board might only let you offer him 40,000 or 60,000 ( just an example )

Yea, there are board limits on wages depending on the role you are offering the player. So maybe the scout assumes the role he would be offered by your team, and sees whether his demands will be under the board limit for that wage bracket? (e.g. I've had the same thing happen, scouts projecting a player would ask for say 500,000/yr (well under my budget), but his current ability is 2 stars, and the board restriction on wages for backup players is under 500,000, even though I can offer first team players well more than that)

From previous years, I've found that as you play around with your wage budget, the wage restrictions will fluctuate, but only up to a certain point, after which it won't budge no matter how much room you have in the wage budget.

Last edited: