Meow

Reaction score
I have a few minor questions regarding club finances.

I'll explain my situation first, I'm Bolton in the fourth season, lets say I didn't know paying over 48 months chews finances, I figured it chewed next seasons transfer budget - Yeah I know it makes sense now but I'm still learning the game so cut me a bit of slack ... I'm leaking money like no tommorow and I've sold some players over 48 months to at least attempt to reverse this, but it's a dent in the issue.

I personally would like someone, or some people to give me information on what I should do and also answer the following questions,

1. How often does the club director 'inject' money into the clubs finances?
2. What's the worse that could happen if the club goes into serious debt?

I've invested since season 2-3 in regens, to train in my club so I don't spend millions on already well known and established players, my third question would be weither this would be worth it after knowing my debt problems.

Thanks for taking the time of reading all this!

Wouldnt really worry about debt to much and chairmen rarely inject money in to the club. Aslong as your doing well in the league finances don't really matter to much, other than for facilities when your stature increases.

if it was a problem, the board would have warned you in their summary. Dont worry too much, just keep an eye on it if your in it for the longterm. if your doing well they will cut you some slack

if it was a problem, the board would have warned you in their summary. Dont worry too much, just keep an eye on it if your in it for the longterm. if your doing well they will cut you some slack

I've never been warned ... I plan to be in this game for another 20 more years if possible, so keeping finances above sea level is important at least for now seeing how I'm leaking millions.

First season - Won EPL - Amazingly ...
Second season - Came 6th, lost to Atletico Madrid in first knock out round in the ECC
Third season - 12th and won the EURO Cup.

I hope I do better in the EPL this year :/

Well small help would be always when you sell player, but there clause that says 10% of next sale. Then wait couple of months and go to Transfers Clauses and there should be small arrow by the name of sold player and then click him and it says Sell Clause for ... ( for example I sold Arshavin for 10m i put 10% clause in it. His value had dropped to 9m after so i sold the clause for 900k )

This when used on all players sold can generate nice amounts of money. Wont fix all problems, but give a little boost.

Also try to keep team size small ( 22-25 ) so there wont be any waste of spaces on wages doing nothing.

And try to qualify for Champs league. It gives nice money to qualify for group stage.

Well small help would be always when you sell player, but there clause that says 10% of next sale. Then wait couple of months and go to Transfers Clauses and there should be small arrow by the name of sold player and then click him and it says Sell Clause for ... ( for example I sold Arshavin for 10m i put 10% clause in it. His value had dropped to 9m after so i sold the clause for 900k )

This when used on all players sold can generate nice amounts of money. Wont fix all problems, but give a little boost.

Also try to keep team size small ( 22-25 ) so there wont be any waste of spaces on wages doing nothing.

And try to qualify for Champs league. It gives nice money to qualify for group stage.

Board Confidence - 97% for wages.
My squad is small and I have a couple of already pretty good regens who don't ask for much wage yet.

Well then only thing to do is qualify for Group Stage in Champs league. And if i remember correctly Fulham have quite high loans compared to Club's networth at the start so that could eat at your finances also along with the 48mont buys.

How high are your loan repayments per month?

Well then only thing to do is qualify for Group Stage in Champs league. And if i remember correctly Fulham have quite high loans compared to Club's networth at the start so that could eat at your finances also along with the 48mont buys.

All gift loans if I recall correctly, so no repaying .

I'm Bolton,
Anddd ... well, A lot that's all I'll say because it's embarrassing how much I've put on 48 months.
They've never warned me about the finances and I was in a worse situation mid season 3, Also, I'm not using my 15M extra transfer budget I have so I don't have to pay, cash on sign fees to agents/players.

This hurt me because I brang Edin Dzeko to Bolton on free transfer recently.

Oh sorry i read wrong :D And if you have excess transfer funds put them into wage budget. This generates some interest, not anything major, but little something.

try affilicate yourself to a club that will have commercial benefits for your team, when selling a player to a bigger club add "arrange friendly" to transfer fee, try ask board to expand stadium if your selling out. Hope that you find a rich arab to buy your club

Oh sorry i read wrong :D And if you have excess transfer funds put them into wage budget. This generates some interest, not anything major, but little something.

Already have and would it be worth bringing in young regens who don't need much sign on fee? I still have 9M even after I have maxed out wage budget.

Board will only invest money to keep the club from running in the red. This means if it comes down to the completion of the stadium. If that does happen they still won't give you the money needed that you need for the upgrade so it will be cancelled. Best bet is to sell off players if you really want that improvement to get the money (and don't ask for installments you want all the money up front).

To answer your second question the worst that can happen is a good thing. One is if you keep losing money the owner will sell off the club. Maybe you get a whale to take over and sometimes if you are in debt he will pay it off. Not always but sometimes is a good thing. If not, then you will just take out a bank loan that will give you money, but will have to pay off monthly investments back. You won't go into admin unless you totally throw off your team.

I am currently Alcorcon and I am losing 4 million a month from player wages (since my stadium is only 6,000 and wages are close to a million), but I still keep in the positives every year by selling off people and performing well. Sure I lose money early, but if you perform well all will work out. Earlier when I didn't have money (from not playing in champs league) the owner did invest money but it was like every 3 months just to keep us afloat and it was only like 1.1 million, but was still in the red in the balance.

Already have and would it be worth bringing in young regens who don't need much sign on fee? I still have 9M even after I have maxed out wage budget.

Yes but dont go overboard with it. Couple who you can use yourself in couple of years and if you find someone who's just brilliant bring him in also and sell on profit couple years later to ease financial problems.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

but I still keep in the positives every year by selling off people and performing well. Sure I lose money early, but if you perform well all will work out. Earlier when I didn't have money (from not playing in champs league) the owner did invest money but it was like every 3 months just to keep us afloat and it was only like 1.1 million, but was still in the red in the balance.

THIS. Same with me as Arsenal. I'm usually little on red. 1-10m by May, but when prize moneys come i get nicely on positive.

Yes but dont go overboard with it. Couple who you can use yourself in couple of years and if you find someone who's just brilliant bring him in also and sell on profit couple years later to ease financial problems.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 AM ----------

THIS. Same with me as Arsenal. I'm usually little on red. 1-10m by May, but when prize moneys come i get nicely on positive.

Thanks Choices and Quasit.

I bought Kadlec for 4.1M and he's worth 10.75M
I got Gareth Bale for 5.5M, yeah unrealistic but I'm playing with the deck I'm given. Now he's worth 11.5M with a 13.75M clause.

I hope he's sold - Amazing I'm saying this, but due to his contract, he's getting 120,000 a week ... 120,000 was required for Edin Dzeko to join and he had match the highest wage in his contract.

Although apart from that, think I'm doing well :]

If Bale has played well and you have good cover in his position then offer him to clubs for about 12m and put 10-20% clause in it. Then after sometime sell the clause or if you are confident hes gonna get better and be snapped by bigger club let the clause be there. Youll get the 12m straight or as 48month which could be good for you and save almost half million per month on wages.

But no probs, glad to be some help.

If Bale has played well and you have good cover in his position then offer him to clubs for about 12m and put 10-20% clause in it. Then after sometime sell the clause or if you are confident hes gonna get better and be snapped by bigger club let the clause be there. Youll get the 12m straight or as 48month which could be good for you and save almost half million per month on wages.

But no probs, glad to be some help.

In all honesty I don't really want Gareth Bale to leave but I wouldn't complain if he did ... I just think 120,000 wage for him is a bit to much :\

Well selling him would generate you 6m in savings for a year in wages only, how long does his contract last ( how many years remaining ) ?

If its less than 2 you should consider selling him cos he would only ask higher wages. But its your choise and if he's one of the best players with no good replacement than keep him and scout for someone cheaper.

Well selling him would generate you 6m in savings for a year in wages only, how long does his contract last ( how many years remaining ) ?

If its less than 2 you should consider selling him cos he would only ask higher wages. But its your choise and if he's one of the best players with no good replacement than keep him and scout for someone cheaper.

Good point, I better sell him then ... 2 years only.

Well technically the worst case scenario is that you go into administration and get points deducted :p That's very very rare though, you'd need some serious ******** up for that.
As long as the prize money allows you to get back in the positives at the end of the season, you're not doing bad. You should control your spending though to try and get some positive bank balance, but don't let that affect strenghtening your squad. Basicly, money generates money, the more you spend (wisely and when needed! :p), the more you get later from prizes and player sales.