Club hasn’t turned professional

Jonnyg230891

Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m really confused in my save at the moment and need to know if anyone else has encountered this problem. I’m doing a save in England with Stives Town. I started in tier 7, semi professional and have just been promoted into league 2. I have been semi pro all the way and was under the impression that professional status was required once in league 2. However, I am 2 games into league 2, my club is still semi pro, I can only offer my players and staff part time contracts and I don’t have the option to ask the board to turn pro. I’m a little annoyed as I’m expected to reach the play offs this season but by only being semi pro and training twice a week, I’m at real threat of just being relegated. I just thought I would see if anyone else has encountered this problem as I feel it may be a bug or something?

I dont think this is a bug. I think it is something that unfortunately has just happened in the game. I've had it before on previous games where you expect to turn pro but don't. Also had the board wanted to turn pro but didnt and then i had to ask at the end of that season and they finally turned.