Lord_Slop

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a club overhaul before, I've signed 8 new players for my AC Milan squad at the start of the second season.

Also, how does the team respond to such changes, I'm replaced a lot of key players, as well as the tactic employed.

I have signed about 24 players per season, they are all youngsters, so it does not affect the team too much! It would make a difference if you replace key memebers of the squad though, more than 3 changes to the starting xi will create some problems.

tactic will take time for the players to get used to, but it wont be detrimental! good luck ^^)

I did for two years running with my Reading team. I let about 8/9 contacts run out every season and looked to replace these positions with better quality. Although i did let Shane Long leave which was a stupid thing to do.

in my experience, it didn't really affect my team too much. I made sure I played lots of Friendlies though.

are all these new signings first teamers, the most i have changed is about 5 with 3 of them first teamers and the other 2 youth/fringe players. So havent noticed any change in the other players reactions

Sometimes the players will clash, as you don't know how they'll work together, watch out for that later on in the season. Play loads of friendlies and set the team focus to blending. Be prepared for a bit of slow start too!

I have signed about 24 players per season, they are all youngsters, so it does not affect the team too much! It would make a difference if you replace key memebers of the squad though, more than 3 changes to the starting xi will create some problems.

tactic will take time for the players to get used to, but it wont be detrimental! good luck ^^)

24 players per season WTF unless your Dirty Harry Redknapp

are all these new signings first teamers, the most i have changed is about 5 with 3 of them first teamers and the other 2 youth/fringe players. So havent noticed any change in the other players reactions

All of them are first team or key players.

I was playing a variation of 4-4-2 last year, this year, it'll be a mix of a 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 as well as changing the mentality to Attacking with Direct Passing, instead of Control with Short Passing.

Namely the back spine of the team is moving to reserves or relegated to subs, I've moved Nesta, Seedorf, Onweyu, Jankulovski and Oddo to reserves. Have relegated Pirlo, Thiago Silva, Flamini and Ronaldinho to substitutes. And I have not applied the buying close to Amelia's loan, so now he's back to his club.

In return I've bought Zapata, Howedes, Gonzalo Castro, Rakitic (Free Transfer), Thiago (Barcelona), Van Nistelrooy (Free Transfer), Chantome and Renan (Brazilian GK)

Let's see how it goes :)

I'd make sure you click team blend on the match preperation screen lol.

Make sure you use Match Preparation. Set intensity to very high, and set to Team blend. Play plenty of friendlies, and it should help them gel.

mate in my liverpool save in 3 years i have spent over 400mil on new players and the youth academy so i wouldnt worry to much about 8 new players :)

In the previous FM I used to buy ALOT of players spend alot , and also sell alot and receive alot.

But now I only make very few signings, accurate ones, I don't change my squad completely like I sometimes did previously, it gets me a bit frustratated, having a 60 or 70 million bufget with benfica and spending like... 10 million, and receiving 30 -.-