Clubs demand you pay a higher fee than other teams?

dhurley

Reaction score
Anyone else notice how other clubs seem to get players cheaper than you do? Wolfsberg had a £3m bid accepted by Villa for Vlaar. I offer £5m and it get's rejected? Now this is nothing to do with us being in the same league, this happens with players in my league. Jack Cork is another example, i usually have to pay around £8m. Yet he ends up going to another club for £4.2m.

I've noticed this too (I defended this issue on a different thread). What I have found though is by offering money after appearances and goals helps a lot to get the initial bank hit down to a similar level of the AI bids

I've had it too. Cant remember who I was buying but I had an alert a player I was tracking had been bid for. I bid the same amount - denied. When up a good few million more and still no luck so I gave up.

I've noticed this too (I defended this issue on a different thread). What I have found though is by offering money after appearances and goals helps a lot to get the initial bank hit down to a similar level of the AI bids

You could be right, maybe the fee it tells you that another team bid doesn't include add ons.

I've had it too. Cant remember who I was buying but I had an alert a player I was tracking had been bid for. I bid the same amount - denied. When up a good few million more and still no luck so I gave up.

It's quite frustrating and makes no sense whatsoever!

I once had an AI club bidding 20 million for a player, with me and another AI club bidding 1.9m at the same time. All 3 bids got accepted, was really strange.

Contingency fees like those after x number of appearances, goals, international appearances, or after promotion (pretty much everything outside of up-front and installment payments) are not included in this figure. And from what I've seen when the AI make bids for my players or negotiate my offers for theirs, they tend to rely quite heavily on these fees. Could be at least a contributing factor.

I made a little thread asking the same question, Liverpool signed Raul Jimenez for 3.5mil from Atletico and they wanted 18mil from me....was absolutely fuming