Clubs offering less than value for a player.

JakeFM

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a bug or whether I'm just getting really unlucky when attempting to shift players but since it's cropped up I've tried numerous saves and I'm still encountering the same problem.

I remember when the game first came out there was a bug for a while where you'd offer a player who was valued at say ?5m out and clubs would bid stupid sums like ?200k or something; it isn't as bad as that in my games but clubs are still bidding less than value, regardless of the player and regardless of what I offer them out for.

Say player was valued at ?5m and I offered him out for that, I get bids of around ?1.7m at most and if I renegotiate their offer to ?5m again, the next bid that comes in is usually ?1.7m + ?10k over 12 months, Then 11k, etc. etc.

It does seem like it's a bug but it's only been happening this past week or so since I've started playing FM again and it seems a pretty strange thing to encounter, anyone else had any problems with this or is it a known bug or something?

This is how the game has been for a while.

If the team really needs to the player and have the money, they will come close to the asking price.

Otherwise, you are better off negotiating a payment plan which should see you get close to 5m. Most clubs IRL don't trade a bag of cash for a player like some Miami Gangster buying a ferrari.

It was long confirmed as a bug. The transfer system this year is poor i must admit & i do hope SI fix it soon. They have been looking into it for a while but nothing yet. Its a shame because top players in my team want to move to bigger clubs yet i cannot sell them because the bids i get are nowhere near their market value. My top players are well paid & have long term contracts but AI will not stop bidding 20-30% their market value. Does not make any sense