henkizh

Reaction score
Just started a new save with Newcastle, and after shipping out a few players (Gutierrez, Taylor and Marveaux) and signing Fabián, I'm now looking for a rotation/backup CM to play when Cabaye/Sissoko are tired.

I was looking at activating Koo Ja-Cheol's release clause but unfortunately Everton already signed him :/

Anyone got any good suggestions? Got 6 million € to spend. I am looking at Will Hughes, but feels like I sign him in every save haha :D Preferably someone who can play box-to-box or deep-lying playmaker with 2.5* quality or more.

If it is just backup look for a loan signing and save your money for positions you most need it. If gonna actually play my suggestions would be look at koke from atletico madrid. 13m release clause, I know it's a bit more than you have but seriously worth it. What sort of wages were you looking at also?

Other options you could look at Jake livermore, Tom huddlestone, James Mccarthy, Geoffrey Kongobia (Thinks that's spelt right, plays for Sevilla). Depends if you just want a cheap backup, or someone who can step up in the next few years.

I want a cheap backup for now, if Cabaye leaves in January/next season I will definitely look for Koke. I might go for Kondogbia, thanks, he is a fantastic player IRL and a bit underrated on FM if you ask me :)

Other options you could look at Jake livermore, Tom huddlestone, James Mccarthy, Geoffrey Kongobia (Thinks that's spelt right, plays for Sevilla). Depends if you just want a cheap backup, or someone who can step up in the next few years.

They have so far rejected all of my bids for Kondogbia, I went up to 9 million and they rejected that aswell, gonna look at McCarthy and Livermore.

In the end I went for McCarthy, signed him for 6.75 million €, probably could have got him for a bit less than that but it was transfer deadline day :D looks very good, he can play all of the midfield positions and is pretty happy about being in the rotation and not demanding first team football.

In the end I went for McCarthy, signed him for 6.75 million €, probably could have got him for a bit less than that but it was transfer deadline day :D looks very good, he can play all of the midfield positions and is pretty happy about being in the rotation and not demanding first team football.

That's a good price, and if cabaye does decide to leave he will be able to fill the role and develops really well.

Andrea Bertolacci :) A really really good player :) Work best as a box to box but can still operate as a deep lying playermaker :) You can try to get him as cheap as you can :) Maybe 7-9m. :)

on a serious not Kondogbia is a must he has a release clause on LFC Marshall update of £8.5M and is class play him at CM and as A BWM and duty to defend he has been class for me in my sunderland save take a look ....

View attachment 474495

Not bad for a defensive sort of a midfielder he is class from corners not even joking scored 4 of his 5 goals from corners and really he is a player you have to sign.