Runeaa

Reaction score
Hi

Trying to create a 4-2-3-1 and im unsure how to set up my 2 CM`s.

Im planing to play Schneiderlein as BBM support and Scweinsteiger as DLP defend. Will this work?

Any suggestion on PI`s?

Also im planing to play Depay as IF support, on the left and Valencia as Winger on the right, on support. Will this work? Is 2 wide players on support a bad idea?

Any suggestion on PI`s?

PS.

In a 4-2-3-1 control tactic, is high defensive line + short passing the way to go with Manchester United?

Thx

Normally, the 4-2-3-1 has 2 stable midfielders who will hold position. That allows for 2 attacking fullbacks. You can be different, but you will definitely need to restrict one of the fullbacks' attacking tendencies. Also, keep in mind, that if you send a midfielder forward, you're leaving the other to deal with quick breaks himself. You need someone to cover that, which is why I suggested you use a more defensive fullback. Also, there are 4 players ahead of the CM already, so some thought needs to go into what you're going to do with the space in front so it doesn't get congested.

It could work (although probably not recommended) but you'll need penetrating runs from elsewhere then. It would be good to get overlaps going with these Support duty players, but keep in mind what I said about the CMs.

The suggestions you want about PIs will be purely depending on the player you have there and the way you want to play or how you set up your tactic.

Normally, the 4-2-3-1 has 2 stable midfielders who will hold position. That allows for 2 attacking fullbacks. You can be different, but you will definitely need to restrict one of the fullbacks' attacking tendencies. Also, keep in mind, that if you send a midfielder forward, you're leaving the other to deal with quick breaks himself. You need someone to cover that, which is why I suggested you use a more defensive fullback. Also, there are 4 players ahead of the CM already, so some thought needs to go into what you're going to do with the space in front so it doesn't get congested.

It could work (although probably not recommended) but you'll need penetrating runs from elsewhere then. It would be good to get overlaps going with these Support duty players, but keep in mind what I said about the CMs.

The suggestions you want about PIs will be purely depending on the player you have there and the way you want to play or how you set up your tactic.

Thanks alot for respons buddy, im trying different thing, as for exampel both CM`s in the DM position, Sweinsteiger as DLP and Scneiderlein as DM defend in a counter system ( simular to the Mourinho system ).

Using direct passing, shot on sight, clear to flanks etc. working quite well.

Also having success with using a IF and a winger instead of 2 IF`s. The fullbacks also have different roles with 1 beeing set on attack to support the attacking IF and 1 is set on support to support the winger on support.

Is my thinking right behind this in your opinion?

Thanks alot for respons buddy, im trying different thing, as for exampel both CM`s in the DM position, Sweinsteiger as DLP and Scneiderlein as DM defend in a counter system ( simular to the Mourinho system ).

Using direct passing, shot on sight, clear to flanks etc. working quite well.

Also having success with using a IF and a winger instead of 2 IF`s. The fullbacks also have different roles with 1 beeing set on attack to support the attacking IF and 1 is set on support to support the winger on support.

Is my thinking right behind this in your opinion?
At the moment, you're overloading one flank while doing fairly little on the other. Can work of course.

I should mention that Support duties will support play while Attacking duties bomb forward/are ahead of play, making runs.

The recommendation is to usually have a mix, just to create more than one type of chance. So your attacking IF will have a more reserved Support fullback, while the more reserved winger will get an attack duty fullback who will overlap, since there will be room to do so with the winger deep.