MrJointe

Reaction score
I'm wondering what the best cm would be in a 4-2-3-1 with a DLP (D) next to him. I've understood that the 2 mids in a 4-2-3-1 should hold their position to compensate for the 4 attacking players ahead of them but i don't know which role that would be good. I've thought that a CM (S) maybe would be good or maybe he a D duty but I dont have any experience of using that role. Thanks in advance:)

CMd, CMa, APa, DLPd, BWMd are roles you can use in a fluid setup for central mids...Personally, I like to balance my duties, and I never have more then three attack duties in a fluid setup, so I prefer two holding mids and have three AMCLR with attack duties.

I don't understand why you're being told that any Attack duty is a good idea in a 4231. It isn't.

CM-S or CM-D could work, but as always it depends on the rest of the players, especially the fullbacks. You could even consider a CM-S with Hold Position, for instance.

Just watch a game and you'll quickly see if a role is right or wrong.

CMd, CMa, APa, DLPd, BWMd are roles you can use in a fluid setup for central mids...Personally, I like to balance my duties, and I never have more then three attack duties in a fluid setup, so I prefer two holding mids and have three AMCLR with attack duties.
Thanks for responding:) What kind of striker do you use in your setup?

I don't understand why you're being told that any Attack duty is a good idea in a 4231. It isn't.

CM-S or CM-D could work, but as always it depends on the rest of the players, especially the fullbacks. You could even consider a CM-S with Hold Position, for instance.

Just watch a game and you'll quickly see if a role is right or wrong.
Thanks:) I played a game and used the CM (S) and he got 7.7 in rating with 1 assist so I think it worked out pretty well. The full back on his side is on Fullback (S). Will he cover enough for the CM then?

Thanks:) I played a game and used the CM (S) and he got 7.7 in rating with 1 assist so I think it worked out pretty well. The full back on his side is on Fullback (S). Will he cover enough for the CM then?
Have a look in games to see this for yourself. :)

As WJ suggested, try a CM support with 'hold position', works a dreammm.