CM4 Database Project - Help needed

• Thread starter Thread starter iamauser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 35
  • Views Views 21K

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I have decided to embark on a project to make a database based on Championship manager 4. I am looking for some people to help me out, to speed up the amount of time it will take to complete. The more helpers the better. I will need people to help with editing and graphics. If you would like to help, please let me know. I will need people to help with:

Editing:

Everything! (Players, Managers, Coaches ect)

Graphics:

Cut-out face pack
Club crests from the 03/04 season
03/04 season kits

Anyone who would like to help with editing will need the CM4 editor, which can be found on the internet (I can upload my version of you cant find one). I am currently in the process of deleting every player and staff, and I will the upload it to make it easier when merging databases. Hopefully we will get lots of people to help make this a successful project.

Thanks!

Completed Players

Helpers

Case99 - Editing
Foss - Editing
Steve* - Kits
Mike - Kits

Last edited:
looks like a great idea mate would like to help but im currently having problems with the editor but will follow mate

Might want to revise every player a bit, for example Zidane's composure and concentration look quite low whereas his speed seems exaggerated. This is probably due to CM4 not having composure and concentration and thus you've left them to be randomized.
Same goes for Ronaldo's low anticipation and too high creativity.

Not having a go here, mate but I won't have removed every single player from the game, just makes more work for ya but it's your database hope it goes well :D

Not having a go here, mate but I won't have removed every single player from the game, just makes more work for ya but it's your database hope it goes well :D

Yeah, thats why im looking for some helpers :) It will take a while, but it will be worth it at the end hopefully

I would like to give my thanks to case99, who has volunteered to help with the editing work.

Anyone else who would like to help, please feel free to PM me, the more help the better!

I've begun with Lazio.
Might I also suggest a naming practice with Argentine players?
In your screenshot, Santiago Solari is represented as "Santiago Hernan Solari". In past games this had been the standard, but in newer games you should go with only one first name and add other names in the Full Name field.

I've begun with Lazio.
Might I also suggest a naming practice with Argentine players?
In your screenshot, Santiago Solari is represented as "Santiago Hernan Solari". In past games this had been the standard, but in newer games you should go with only one first name and add other names in the Full Name field.

Yeah ok, thats a good idea, we will do that.

Also, do you, or anyone reading this, know what the -1 and -2 on the CM4 database as on the FM11 editor? I think -2 = -10 and -1 = -9, but im not 100% sure though.

Cristiano Ronaldo for example is a -2 player on CM4

Yeah ok, thats a good idea, we will do that.

Also, do you, or anyone reading this, know what the -1 and -2 on the CM4 database as on the FM11 editor? I think -2 = -10 and -1 = -9, but im not 100% sure though.

Cristiano Ronaldo for example is a -2 player on CM4
As researched by Tapani of the respective patch for CM01/02:
-2 is:
90% chance for random between 120-199
10% chance for random between 160-198

-1 is computed in two steps:
90% chance for the potential being between 80-160
10% chance for between 120-200
if the potential is over 140, it subtracts a random number 0-49 from it
if not, then with a 5% chance subtract that random number anyway

In short, there's no way to replicate the -1's and -2's of the older games perfectly.
One idea would be to check on their potential abilities in newer games and set them accordingly based on those values.

As researched by Tapani of the respective patch for CM01/02:
-2 is:
90% chance for random between 120-199
10% chance for random between 160-198

-1 is computed in two steps:
90% chance for the potential being between 80-160
10% chance for between 120-200
if the potential is over 140, it subtracts a random number 0-49 from it
if not, then with a 5% chance subtract that random number anyway

In short, there's no way to replicate the -1's and -2's of the older games perfectly.
One idea would be to check on their potential abilities in newer games and set them accordingly based on those values.

Wow. They could have come up with a more complicated way of doing that....lol.

I guess looking at a newer version would be the best idea. Not sure which one though.

Wow. They could have come up with a more complicated way of doing that....lol.

I guess looking at a newer version would be the best idea. Not sure which one though.
The newer the better in terms of accurate research. For example, I made a player who had 172 CA in CM4 and only 155 PA in FM12. I created him with 155/155 CA/PA and pruned the attributes when necessary. Or when a player had -1 as his potential, I checked his potential as 142 and thus I created him with 142 potential.

The newer the better in terms of accurate research. For example, I made a player who had 172 CA in CM4 and only 155 PA in FM12. I created him with 155/155 CA/PA and pruned the attributes when necessary. Or when a player had -1 as his potential, I checked his potential as 142 and thus I created him with 142 potential.

yeah, if we use the FM12 editor to look at all the players who had -1 and -2, then we could group them into -10,-9 ect. like for example Ronaldo has 191 (or something like that) CA, so his PA on our DB would be -10.

Ok, I have a slight problem. whenever I try to load the CM4 editor, it says, "Data file seems to be corrupt. Wanted to read 4 bytes, could only read 3 bytes."

Back