Reaction score
Well I kinda have an idea of how it works, but I'm not really sure of how to take advantage of it.
I mean, why not do a full transfer from the start?
Sorry if I'm kinda slow, lol

Thanks for the share mate :)
But it seems the thread's kinda dead...so as I understand it, there's no point in accepting a co-ownership offer for one of my star players that I regularly play right? And if I want to try out a player then a co-ownership deal is one of the ways to try him out other than a normal loan?

If you are the 'selling' club the only times it's viable to accept a co-ownership are (imo anyway)

1. The player in question is not in your first team plans and isn't a hot prospect, so taking a bit of money now, whilst shrinking the wage bill is a decent deal, with the potential to either:

a. get some further money later down the line if the buying club takes a liking to him.
b. get the player back after 1-2 years and still have the option of selling him on, and who knows, superior training/coaching at a 'bigger' club may have improved him into a player that you feel is worthy of a first team spot.

2. The player insists he wants to leave but you want to retain him. He is rejecting all contract offers and morale is low. A co-ownership with the potential for you to regain full ownership in 1-2 years (by this time you may have won the league/got better finances/got a better reputation) when he may be willing to work with you again is better than losing him completely.

If you are the 'selling' club the only times it's viable to accept a co-ownership are (imo anyway)1. The player in question is not in your first team plans and isn't a hot prospect, so taking a bit of money now, whilst shrinking the wage bill is a decent deal, with the potential to either:a. get some further money later down the line if the buying club takes a liking to him.b. get the player back after 1-2 years and still have the option of selling him on, and who knows, superior training/coaching at a 'bigger' club may have improved him into a player that you feel is worthy of a first team spot. 2. The player insists he wants to leave but you want to retain him. He is rejecting all contract offers and morale is low. A co-ownership with the potential for you to regain full ownership in 1-2 years (by this time you may have won the league/got better finances/got a better reputation) when he may be willing to work with you again is better than losing him completely.
But what about the case i'm a big club ( Juve ) buing a young talent's 50% share and leaving him with his team ... Should i make it a 1 or 2 years ?and if i set a future fee ... will this help me sign him when he's a world class for a cut price ??? or it's a set fee for either clubs too meet ????

But what about the case i'm a big club ( Juve ) buing a young talent's 50% share and leaving him with his team ... Should i make it a 1 or 2 years ?and if i set a future fee ... will this help me sign him when he's a world class for a cut price ??? or it's a set fee for either clubs too meet ????

I think if both teams want the player, they submit a blind bid.

Almost every single time I've co-owned, I've gotten the player back with a 0 bid. However, just this past season, I lost a DM that I valued when lo and behold, the other team bit the full other 50% that they could in the blind bid. I actually had bid several thousand just in case. Oh well, replaced him with someone far superior anyway.