ZeroMusic

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted before, but does anyone have any information about the co-ownership situation in Italy? I've searched through the website and not found out too much, so does anyone know much about it/know a site which explains it in the game?

Thanks ^^)

Pretty much you can own 50% of the player for a reduced fee, you pay half his wages and you can decide who the team is he plays for.
After about 1/2/3 years when the deal is up both clubs go into a silent auction for 100% of his rights.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

Pretty much you can own 50% of the player for a reduced fee, you pay half his wages and you can decide who the team is he plays for.
After about 1/2/3 years when the deal is up both clubs go into a silent auction for 100% of his rights.
Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

No, thanks for that - so is it the club who owns the majority of him he plays for??
And is the silent auction only between the clubs who own a percentage of him, and if so, does the percentage owned affect it at all?

Sorry for the questions, im very confused as you can probably tell!

Both own 50% of him.
Only the clubs that own him can bid for him.
I had to do this on last years game with Juventus with Asamoah and Isla, i bid like ?13m for each of them and Udinese only bid ?3m for them, was royally ****** off lol, as you dont know what there offer is going to be.

If the clubs in silent auction offer the same amount of money player join to team he's playing.
I suggest to make a save before making offer than reolad if you make something wrong :D...just to understand ...
You can also postponed to next year. If a club choose that autcion will be postponed.

You can get player paying lower than his value (also for 1€) if a club hasn't money or isn't interested.

when you buy 'your' half then you decide for which club the player is going to play that season and how long the co-ownership deal lasts (1 year or more, also depends on length of players contract). Player signs two distinct contracts (possibly with different wages) with the clubs. At the end of the year you can ask to delay tre decision (if contract is long enough) or go on with the silent auction. You can also buy the other half during the season and players is all yours! A 'third' team needs to buy both halves in separate deals to buy the player.

usually it's a good way to get players at lower price, while is also an investment who will leave you with some value (different from a loan). If you are a big club it's a nice way to 'control' the market esp for young players (often big clubs would co-own young players and let them develop at lesser clubs before buying the other half)

It gets trickier though... You can also sell your half to other teams, or include your half as an asset in other deals (same as exchanging players). IRL... it's even trickier as it is often a way to inflate values of players and generate profit from nothing, cant do this in FM though... I think!