Spleen

Reaction score
Hi all,

I've never really got to grips with co-ownership of players. I'm managing a Serie B team and have a promising 20-year-old kid with a current value of £1.2m. I keep getting offers in my inbox from various Serie A teams to buy half of him for £525k, after which he'll stay with my team for 2 years and then we bid for the other half. I've rejected the offers saying 'not good enough' (because surely I want at least £600k), and gone to the transfer status and raised his asking price from 'Unspecified' to £2.5m, but they still keep coming and offering £525k.

The only benefit to me I can see is that in two years' time, if they don't want him I can buy the other half back for peanuts and pocket the difference. But on the other hand, if he's progressed well and grown in value to, say, £5m, I've lost £2m by selling one half so cheaply.

Does anyone know why they keep offering less than market value?

I know this may seem really pathetic as it's only a game but maybe the other teams feel than he could either be a star, or really poor so they don't want to take that risk of buying some of him for too much, therefore, they are refusing to offer what you are demanding just in case he turns out to be poor. :) just guessing!!!