Golasooo

Reaction score
I look for this but I could find it.

Here's my question:

I'm Atalanta with LFC's update, and I bid 2.5 mil for Cagliari's 50% stake of Davide Astori, and they accepted, but Astori did not join the club. I bid again, and Cagliari accepted again, but Astori didn't come here.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

You gotta choose the club he's playing at to your own club. You do that when you offer the transfer.

You cannot buy just 50% of a player

You have to buy 100% of the player...which means submitting bids to both teams who own Astori

You have to buy 100% of the player...which means submitting bids to both teams who own Astori

It should be possible. That's the point in "Co-Ownership"

Well he's co-owned by cagliari and milan and i offered for cagliari's stake, so i have to also bid for milan's stake?

You buy 50% of the player, then at the end of the current season both teams put in a bid, highest bid keeps the player.
You only need to buy both parts if you're a club outside of Italy.

Well that's not how it works in game.

And the team who owns 50% of Astori may not have made the deal if they knew Cagliari may sell their half. A lot of "Partnerships" and such contracts have stipulations that one partner can only sell his share if the other partner agrees. This prevents partner A from selling to a complete douchebag who will ruin the business or in FM terms: prevent AC Milan or someone from swooping in buying 50% and essentially promising that your player will prefer AC Milan over you (and AC milan will outbid you).

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

You buy 50% of the player, then at the end of the current season both teams put in a bid, highest bid keeps the player.
You only need to buy both parts if you're a club outside of Italy.

I've played a lot of seasons in Italy.

If there is a player like Astori who is co-owned by Cagliari and Ac Milan, and you want that player you HAVE to submit bids to both teams regardless of what nation your team is in. As I just explained you cannot buy one of the team's share in a player. If you want, after you buy him you can hope someone makes a co-ownership bid. There is no other way and this is how it should be.

oh ok thanks

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

quick question, when I played the demo, the 3d match angle players had numbers, but now, they don't, do i have to install something

i think they only show up if you have a high enough detail for the match engine.

i usually just look at the current value of the player, then offer that price to both clubs & usually its accepted & i get him