boozemonster

Reaction score
How long does it generally take for Coaches attributes to improve, It used to have something to do with the work load, but lets say they are all light, any ideas?

I presume there is also a difference depending on contract type too, 4 years on Amt contracts and nothing is happening for me, I've just given them all full time deals, was wondering how long it took on this version of FM?

i think depend how much title you've got in last season. bigger reputation = more improvement.

i think depend how much title you've got in last season. bigger reputation = more improvement.

So you think it goes on Rep?

That sounds a bit like a self fulfilling prophesy though?

If your a small team stuck in the doldrums trying to build for the future without money, you can get better until you are already better?

I wouldn't know for sure, but I suppose that staff development would most likely depend on their mental (and also hidden) attributes, the same which goes for players. So I guess that a coach with high determination and ambition would probably progress better. And as you said, workload has probably a lot to do with it.
But anyway staff don't improve drastically. Only small, next to insignificant stat changes, at least for me... When I want a better coach I just look for another one...

So you think it goes on Rep?

That sounds a bit like a self fulfilling prophesy though?

If your a small team stuck in the doldrums trying to build for the future without money, you can get better until you are already better?

based on real life, how you can improvise your team if you dont have enough money ? (H)

back to topic,
i usually check my current staff atributes before start a new season, especially my assistant manager. i think there's no improvement with him. decrease their stars is always happen to me.

Last edited:
Coaches have a CA and PA jsut like players, i am unsure what factors contribute towards them fulfilling their PA though.

based on real life, how you can improvise your team if you dont have enough money ? (H)

back to topic,
i usually check my current staff atributes before start a new season, especially my assistant manager. i think there's no improvement with him.

Training youth players, a thing that unfortunately for English football most teams seem to have forgotten how to do.

Coaches have a CA and PA jsut like players, i am unsure what factors contribute towards them fulfilling their PA though.

Yes, this I knew, but like you I dont know what affects it...

In the older games like CM 3 through to 03/04 I remember the less they had to do the more they improved... a bit strange but I presume that was supposed to signify they had more time to spend with the players.

Age? Perhaps
Club Rep? Its a very plausible idea
Coaches around them? maybe

I'm not sure, thats why I ask

i played one season with ac milan and had bierhoff as a scout, he has 19 and 20 for judging and future and current potential and on my mates one he is in second season and bierhoff is a coach for some weird team and he is on 18 n 17

i played one season with ac milan and had bierhoff as a scout, he has 19 and 20 for judging and future and current potential and on my mates one he is in second season and bierhoff is a coach for some weird team and he is on 18 n 17

Yeah I've noticed that too. A staff declining is far more common than them improving. Strange thing.. I've noticed this a lot of times, on scouts (it's easy to spot as you only look out for two stats), but also on coaches (can't really notice that by looking at stats, rather by dropping half a star in the training section).

i have put van der sar and scholes as coaches in my first season lets see how much they improve scholes looks good on mental side at 16

Its a natural development. Also yes the amount of workload also matters.

they are improving or decreasing for sure since staff has also CA and PA in game...I only don't know what influence change because I saw in game that for some staff attributes decreasing no matter on club reputation growth

they are improving or decreasing for sure since staff has also CA and PA in game...I only don't know what influence change because I saw in game that for some staff attributes decreasing no matter on club reputation growth

They might be old?

It could have something to do with the Adaptability stat - there would be improvement when he got used to such thing.

I`m probably plain wrong, but it would make sense...