Coach Auto-Assign

Red_Might

Reaction score
Just before I commit, I'm assuming the auto-assign option in the training area for coaches, assigns them depending on their attributes? If so, is there anything else it goes by? Looked in the manual and doesn't really say anything about it.

Thanks

i dont use it. i tend to assign a coach on area to woork in whereas it assigns them 2 or 3

I don't really use it either. But it will usually do a good job. It assigns them based on their star rating AFAIK.

The attributes you need to look for in a coach are: whatever you want them to coach in, Determination, Discipline, Motivating. All of these attributes play a bit part in the coach's star rating. Not that some training categories stars are based off more than one attribute like Ball Control is a mixture of Technical + Mental.

I don't really use it either. But it will usually do a good job. It assigns them based on their star rating AFAIK.

The attributes you need to look for in a coach are: whatever you want them to coach in, Determination, Discipline, Motivating. All of these attributes play a bit part in the coach's star rating. Not that some training categories stars are based off more than one attribute like Ball Control needs Technical + Mental, if you want to get 5 stars.

Ahh thanks, so signing like Baldini and Di Salvo who are world class is always a good idea, especially when they have a bit of everything.

if you're playing as united sign baldini, di salvo and moniz, and you'll have at least 4 stars in everything if you set them right. gaudino is also one to sign

if you're playing as united sign baldini, di salvo and moniz, and you'll have at least 4 stars in everything if you set them right. gaudino is also one to sign

I am Real Madrid and have added the following:

Di Salvo
Baldini
Ventrone
Bonner
Bisciotti
Renshaw
Mascio

Any good lol?

Ahh thanks, so signing like Baldini and Di Salvo who are world class is always a good idea, especially when they have a bit of everything.
I normally just have a coach for every type of training. So one for Strength, one for Aerobic, ect. It is the easiest way to get good star ratings because if your coach is teaching in more than one area his rating will be affected pretty badly on all those areas. What is more, doing it this way means you don't have to sign world class coaches to get good star ratings. This is because they only need to specialize in one area- the one they are training in. IMO coaches that can coach in more than one area are a useless waste of money.

Last edited:
dont really know the rest. but i suggest trying to pach the folling from united.

mcguinness
whelan
mcclair
mulvey
meulensteen
joyce

I normally just have a coach for every type of training. So one for Strength, one for Aerobic, ect. It is the easiest way to get good star ratings because if your coach is teaching in more than one area his rating will be affected pretty badly on all those areas. What is more, doing it this way means you don't have to sign world class coaches to get good star ratings. This is because they only need to specialize in one area- the one they are training in. IMO coaches that can coach in more than one area are a useless waste of money.

Hmm, I see what you mean, that's where I wondered what auto-assign did lol because if it assigns based on attributes then that's a lot of time saved that would be spent finding out for each person.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

dont really know the rest. but i suggest trying to pach the folling from united.

mcguinness
whelan
mcclair
mulvey
meulensteen
joyce

Yeah I was debating over Meulensteen, but I opted for Di Salvo because he was on a free transfer and the compensation for Meulensteen I think was like nearly a million and there isn't too much difference. I was actually thinking about Phelan for my assistant for next season because Cousillas is a weirdo.

Hmm, I see what you mean, that's where I wondered what auto-assign did lol because if it assigns based on attributes then that's a lot of time saved that would be spent finding out for each person.

---------- Post added at 06:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:58 AM ----------

Yeah I was debating over Meulensteen, but I opted for Di Salvo because he was on a free transfer and the compensation for Meulensteen I think was like nearly a million and there isn't too much difference. I was actually thinking about Phelan for my assistant for next season because Cousillas is a weirdo.
it doesnt save you as much time as you think cos it doesnt get the best fit

---------- Post added at 07:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 AM ----------

go for tassotti (sp) from milan as you assitant manager, best in the game

go for tassotti (sp) from milan as you assitant manager, best in the game

Haha another Italian, I swear like 90% of my staff are Italian. They seem to be pretty good at everything when it comes to coaching.

Yeah you have to put some time into finding the right coaches, but IMO it is worth it. You probably wont have to do it again - at least not all of them.

But as an example, when I was playing Aston Villa I let most of the staff go. I got a 5 star and a 4.5 star fitness coach on free transfer. I got a 5 star goalkeeper coach on free transfer. And the rest of them where 4 stars - all on free transfer. ;)

Yeah you have to put some time into finding the right coaches, but IMO it is worth it. You probably wont have to do it again - at least not all of them.

But as an example, when I was playing Aston Villa I let most of the staff go. I got a 5 star and a 4.5 star fitness coach on free transfer. I got a 5 star goalkeeper coach on free transfer. And the rest of them where 4 stars - all on free transfer. ;)

Yeah I see what you mean, I have sort of gone for the world class coaches that can do a range of things rather than specifics. Also, I suppose the whole world class coaches aspect fits in with the Real Madrid ethos.